• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

"Drive Mode not available" warning message

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
I started my car this morning, like every morning. Once started, I tried to change drive mode, as I always do to set my Custom Drive mode, and
I got a message about the Lane keeping system being on...ok, i didn't change it, but thanks for letting me know...immediately after that, i got a message "Drive Mode not available". and the drive mode did not change, got stuck on normal drive mode.
Every time I click on the drive mode key to change, the message appeared, that its not available. I turned the car off, turned it on again, and everything working fine...I drove out like i do every morning.
Has anyone experience something like this? Any idea why it happened? This is the first time I got this message, my car has 500 miles on it.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I started my car this morning, like every morning. Once started, I tried to change drive mode, as I always do to set my Custom Drive mode, and
I got a message about the Lane keeping system being on...ok, i didn't change it, but thanks for letting me know...immediately after that, i got a message "Drive Mode not available". and the drive mode did not change, got stuck on normal drive mode.
Every time I click on the drive mode key to change, the message appeared, that its not available. I turned the car off, turned it on again, and everything working fine...I drove out like i do every morning.
Has anyone experience something like this? Any idea why it happened? This is the first time I got this message, my car has 500 miles on it.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and current mileage. Allow me to see what I can do to assist. Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: Dxm

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Unmitigated ground - most likely electrical gremlin however based upon reported anomalies by others Iā€™d be tempted to get the battery checked.

OP
OP
scazea

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
Unmitigated ground - most likely electrical gremlin however based upon reported anomalies by others Iā€™d be tempted to get the battery checked.
Thx man. As it happened only once, probably like you said.

RyanB3239

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Base Model
Yes I did Encounter that message too. probably more than once in the past 3 weeks since I got my car.. I always thought that my car was not warm enough. assuming it needed to be warm before I mess with different drive modes..

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
I would go along with checking the battery as well. If you have a charger, it wouldn't hurt to top off the charge on the battery and make sure it's fully charged. Lately we have been having far fewer battery problems reported on this site but it is possible for another bad one to pop up.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I always thought that my car was not warm enough.
Once the car is started, all drive modes should be immediately available.

As it happened more than once, I'd look further into the problem. Note the dates or attempt to replicate, then chat up the local dealer.

Any modern car needs a proper amount of voltage available to operate correctly. Several S650s had battery issues early only, the ones that were being held for some time and awaiting shipment. Replacing the battery was the fix.

An alternative scenario involves infrequent driving. If not driven often or used in multiple, short trips, a lower-than-expected voltage can present issues. If this is the case, a battery tender could be considered. If a battery tender is not immediately available, go out on a drive for an hour straight and/or change your driving patterns, but these alternatives might not recover a battery which is already too far gone.

Several S650s also had software issues, not necessarily problems or faults, but with the software needing updating early on. But I've not read of software-related posts in some time.

In either case, they are easy fixes. I'd discuss with the dealer: explain the condition as clearly as possible, and that it happened more than once. Have them perform an alternator and battery load test.

Edit: I noticed your other post, the one referencing the A/C. Could very well be new car, below-freezing temps, little driving during shipment, brought the battery down way low or permanently impaired it. For both problems (drive mode and A/C), I'd focus on the battery and charging system first. Once you confirm they are operating as expected, if problems continue, you can then dig deeper.

Please let us know what you find out.

Last edited:

RyanB3239

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Base Model
Once the car is started, all drive modes should be immediately available.

As it happened more than once, I'd look further into the problem. Note the dates or attempt to replicate, then chat up the local dealer.

Any modern car needs a proper amount of voltage available to operate correctly. Several S650s had battery issues early only, the ones that were being held for some time and awaiting shipment. Replacing the battery was the fix.

An alternative scenario involves infrequent driving. If not driven often or used in multiple, short trips, a lower-than-expected voltage can present issues. If this is the case, a battery tender could be considered. If a battery tender is not immediately available, go out on a drive for an hour straight and/or change your driving patterns, but these alternatives might not recover a battery which is already too far gone.

Several S650s also had software issues, not necessarily problems or faults, but with the software needing updating early on. But I've not read of software-related posts in some time.

In either case, they are easy fixes. I'd discuss with the dealer: explain the condition as clearly as possible, and that it happened more than once. Have them perform an alternator and battery load test.

Edit: I noticed your other post, the one referencing the A/C. Could very well be new car, below-freezing temps, little driving during shipment, brought the battery down way low or permanently impaired it. For both problems (drive mode and A/C), I'd focus on the battery and charging system first. Once you confirm they are operating as expected, if problems continue, you can then dig deeper.

Please let us know what you find out.
My dealership still doing so digging on my a/c problem they ordered A/C relay and a fuse box assembly .. According to them they have to replace my fuse box assembly what??? I donā€™t know anything about Electrical stuff but I guess according to them, they have to do that.. but Iā€™m assuming they probably have some corrosion or some sort or a short it could be 1 million things but thatā€™s all I got from them. I have not seen my car since I drop it off on. Feb 6 2024 still sitting on 322 mile odometer. I wish I can visit my dealership and take a picture of the progress but Iā€™m just too busy right now and Iā€™m only free on weekends so thatā€™s it for now.
Sponsored