• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Deep sleep mode

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
Just curious if anyone has experienced this issue. I have a 2019 Mustang ecoboost, and more often than not, I receive this message from my Fordpass app,
"Your my Mustang equipped with Fordpass (TM) Connect has entered deep sleep mode to conserve battery energy",
It's basically telling me to start and drive my car before the battery goes dead. My vehicle is garbage kept and I don't drive it every day. I get this message and I have to run to my garage, start the car and drive it for like 15mins or the battery will become inoperable and has to be charged. I don't know what genius at Ford came up with this ideal but it is very annoying. I hope this doesn't carry over to the 2024's.
Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Just curious if anyone has experienced this issue.
Yes. Skye goes into Deep Sleep if not driven for about two weeks.

My car is not a DD. It's primarily a weekend car.

Modern cars have a lot of parasitic losses. Ford created Deep Sleep mode to help prevent Owners from meeting dead batteries.

You can exit Deep Sleep without starting or driving the car. Unlock the car. Let the car sit for five minutes or so. Lock the car. The car will think you'd intent to drive it, and exit Deep Sleep in the process. The car will eventually return to Deep Sleep, after close to two weeks, or, if the car senses the battery is getting close to being too run down to start the car. Certainly, you don't have to do anything after the warning, but run the risk of the battery dying.

Like many, I've installed a battery tender and conditioner to the car's fuse box under the hood. When I park the car in the garage, it's a simple matter of hocking up. The plug is external.

I'm grateful with the setup. After 4 1/2 months of Winter storage, the car started as if I'd turned it off moments before. Others have commented how their batteries have lasted quite a bit longer (not having to replace).

* Tender or not, the car will still enter Deep Sleep mode. I just ACK the alarm and leave it connected.

S650 Mustang Deep sleep mode battery tender stages

Last edited:

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Lead acid batteries have a life expediency between 4 and 6 years. Most of the batteries I have had failed around 4 years but once I had an off brand called powertron that went 6 years. They have two ways of failing. The first and most common is they just die one day. The other way is a gradual loss of capacity. Your dealer can check you battery with a tester and see if your facing the second failure mode. Normally I don't need the test because I can detect sluggish cranking when I start the car in the morning and when I hear it, I get another battery before I face total failure.
A battery tender will help if you don't drive your car daily. Sometimes when you buy a replacement battery they will have oversized batteries that will last longer however modern cars tend to make the battery holders no larger than needed. The last item is heat. Our Arizona climate is hard on batteries causing them to dry out faster than normal. As you're in Texas, you might have a similar problem so my advice is to get the battery checked out as soon as possible. I think you are living on borrowed time with that battery.
Sponsored