• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does this sound legit???

RLE55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4, 2024 Mustang GT Vert PP NP
I went thru the Pre-Qualify stuff with Ford and received a certificate confirming I was qualified for a loan. Did this in case at time of pickup/purchase Ford offered a better rate than my CU. They didn't and I finalized the purchase thru my CU. Never heard of a dealership forcing a buyer to submit a Ford Loan App. for purchase.
Sponsored

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
So, I'm wanting to join the Mustang family and decided to go through my credit union for the loan. Since this isn't my first rodeo I said to myself I should apply for credit through Ford BEFORE I get to the dealership to make the transaction that much smoother. I finally find the Mustang I want and rush over to the dealership to do what I think will be a smooth transaction. I get there and the salesman says they don't see my credit app in the system and that I would need to do another one. I say no I've already done one but it doesn't matter I'm using my CU. The sales manger comes over and says I'm required to do a credit app and he can't sell me the car without it.

Does this sound right to any body? In my mind I'm thinking maybe they do need to run it to as they say "ensure I am who I say I am because fraud is high and I might have a fake check from the bank". But then I snap back into reality and say hell no I've done an app online and I'm using my own credit so if that's not good enough then I'll go elsewhere.
I did not fill out a credit app when making my purchase. This was in Texas.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
My dealer wanted my drivers license and I am pretty sure they checked my credit score. As it was over 800, I gave them a security deposit for the car and then a check for the balance when it was delivered. I didn't see a credit application because they knew I was good for the money one way or the other.

OP
OP

Lookin2Buy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Toyota Camry, 24 Mustang GT
Ok, so to update. I found my Mustang!!! Reached out to another dealer in the area and basically negotiated the deal over the phone to include my trade. Made the 90 min drive and they took great care of me. I did have to fill out an electronic verification form (different from the verification form at the original dealer that clearly read "Ford Credit Application") but when I told them I had my financing they seem unbothered. They took one more shot as Ford beat my CU by .25% but the GAP insurance was much cheaper through my CU. BTW, Ford is also offering no payments for 90 days but I wasn't sure if it was a true 90 days or if they would just pack the interest on the back end.

Either way I drove home last night in my Carbonized Gray Metallic with the 301a packet and active exhaust $5k off MSRP.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Wow I have the same exact car on order just in Atlas Blue. $5k off MSRP for that build is pretty dang good. Where I'm at Ford's rates are pretty good: 1.9% for 36, 2.9% for 48 and 3.9% for 60 months. Your credit union must have fantastic rates unless the Ford Credit rates are different in your area? Also I wasn't aware that Ford was doing no payments for 90 days on the Mustang.

OP
OP

Lookin2Buy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow I have the same exact car on order just in Atlas Blue. $5k off MSRP for that build is pretty dang good. Where I'm at Ford's rates are pretty good: 1.9% for 36, 2.9% for 48 and 3.9% for 60 months. Your credit union must have fantastic rates unless the Ford Credit rates are different in your area? Also I wasn't aware that Ford was doing no payments for 90 days on the Mustang.
Yeah my CU was right there with Ford credit and the 90 days had me surprised as well. I would recommend definitely double checking with your dealer's finance office as I didn't see 90 days anywhere until finance office inquired about it.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Yeah my CU was right there with Ford credit and the 90 days had me surprised as well. I would recommend definitely double checking with your dealer's finance office as I didn't see 90 days anywhere until finance office inquired about it.
Thanks for the info. The biggest question is how do you like the car? This will be my first Mustang so I'm pretty excited. I originally was leaning towards an EB to keep the costs down but I ended up throwing all caution to the wind and ordered up the GT:)

I think the build we have 301A with Active Exhaust is a great option. Oh I did end up upgrading from 3.15's to 3.55's for gearing after lots of deliberation, lol.

OP
OP

Lookin2Buy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. The biggest question is how do you like the car? This will be my first Mustang so I'm pretty excited. I originally was leaning towards an EB to keep the costs down but I ended up throwing all caution to the wind and ordered up the GT:)

I think the build we have 301A with Active Exhaust is a great option. Oh I did end up upgrading from 3.15's to 3.55's for gearing after lots of deliberation, lol.
So far I love it. This is my first Mustang as well but I've owned just about every other Ford so I'm familiar with the brand. I briefly thought about the EB as well but I just couldn't buy a sports car that is silent, I needed the V8 growl. I'm babying it at the moment as I'm not trying to be on any YT or TT videos full sending it into a crowd of bystanders but yeah 3 days later Im loving my purchase.
Sponsored