• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Does anyone have an H-pipe yet?

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Wondering if anyone has put an H-pipe on the car yet? All I've seen is the X-pipe but I'm trying to decide between the H-pipe or X-pipe for when the car comes with active exhaust. Some clips driving away and of cold starts would be appreciated if anyone does. Also more X-pipe or any other exhaust modification clips would be cool to see as well.
Sponsored

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.
Wondering if anyone has put an H-pipe on the car yet? All I've seen is the X-pipe but I'm trying to decide between the H-pipe or X-pipe for when the car comes with active exhaust. Some clips driving away and of cold starts would be appreciated if anyone does. Also more X-pipe or any other exhaust modification clips would be cool to see as well.
Steeda did:

OP
OP

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Steeda did:

Thanks, that's helpful it sounds pretty good on the dark horse but wondering how it sounds on the GT since they're tuned to sound different. Doesn't seem like it makes much of a volume difference at all though based on the decibel readings, that's unfortunate.

dr1zzle01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Accord
I have an H-Pipe, just no car yet! Hope to be taking delivery this coming week! I’ll keep you posted!

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Thanks, that's helpful it sounds pretty good on the dark horse but wondering how it sounds on the GT since they're tuned to sound different. Doesn't seem like it makes much of a volume difference at all though based on the decibel readings, that's unfortunate.
I'm sure steeda or someone else will have that comparison out within the next couple weeks.

In the meantime, Steeda also has videos of the S550 with H and X pipes with active exhaust. From pics, it seems they carried the same suitcase mid-pipe over to the S650s. Point being, you should see very close to the same decibel increase for doing that mod to the S650.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I really don't understand the point in deleting a resonator. A vast majority of people take out their resonators and want the results of what a new muffler would do. Resonator deletes just cause drone and some terrible rasp that's evident in the acceleration video above at specific RPMs.

A resonator prevents resonance, i.e a certain frequency/harmonic. If you want a different tone or a louder exhaust, shop for a muffler.

OP
OP

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I really don't understand the point in deleting a resonator. A vast majority of people take out their resonators and want the results of what a new muffler would do. Resonator deletes just cause drone and some terrible rasp that's evident in the acceleration video above at specific RPMs.

A resonator prevents resonance, i.e a certain frequency/harmonic. If you want a different tone or a louder exhaust, shop for a muffler.
Only reason I'm looking at them is because I got the active exhaust for the quad tips and don't want to get rid of it right away. Ideally on the s550s I loved the muffler delete and personally think it sounds better than any exhaust and exhausts are just a scam compared to a 100$ muffler delete that really lets the car breathe or 200$ muffler delete and shop made X pipe if you look at s550 exhaust videos.

I'm hoping to do that here eventually but hesitant on getting rid of the active exhaust after paying for it so starting with a mid pipe still adds a little bit of volume.

Also compare s550 GT videos with muffler deletes vs a muffler delete with an X pipe. It's a whole another level of volume.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
Corsa's HH and XX pipe will both fit the S650 cars, and will produce a somewhat similar note as S550 cars. I've always considered the H-pipes to sound more throaty, like a classic muscle car. X-pipes provide more of an exotic sound, almost like a scream vs a shout. I don't have a decent video yet, but we will post them as soon as they are made.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I have the stewed H pipe sitting on my table at home. Hoping to slap it on my GT AE PP next week. I can do a video comparison of the two then if you’d like.

OP
OP

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I have the stewed H pipe sitting on my table at home. Hoping to slap it on my GT AE PP next week. I can do a video comparison of the two then if you’d like.
That would be great! still no real GT H pipe video out there yet. Also if you could include a part driving away from the camera too see how it sounds driving it would be appreciated but whatever you wanna do.

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
That would be great! still no real GT H pipe video out there yet. Also if you could include a part driving away from the camera too see how it sounds driving it would be appreciated but whatever you wanna do.
As soon as it gets installed I'll post it up on here.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I know Steeda shot some videos a couple days ago with their X and H pipe on an S650 GT. I imagine they’ll have the videos posted in a few days.

OP
OP

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Found somewhat of a sound clip, can't really tell the difference from stock here to be honest.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red

Found somewhat of a sound clip, can't really tell the difference from stock here to be honest.
LOL. That’s my car. Steeda should have the videos with full X and H pipe comparisons to stock posted before too long. I didn’t see the db meter, but the H pipe certainly seemed to pick up some volume. They did videos from behind with it revving as well as passes in the different exhaust modes for stock, h and x pipe. Interesting thing is the H pipe seemed louder than the X pipe.

OP
OP

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
LOL. That’s my car. Steeda should have the videos with full X and H pipe comparisons to stock posted before too long. I didn’t see the db meter, but the H pipe certainly seemed to pick up some volume. They did videos from behind with it revving as well as passes in the different exhaust modes for stock, h and x pipe. Interesting thing is the H pipe seemed louder than the X pipe.
That's great lol I know it's hard to tell volume from videos but the decibel meter reading would be interesting. It does sound really good though if it keeps that same stock tone while making it louder, usually making it louder ends up making it more raspy.
Sponsored