• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Delivery Time?

Hades5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Insight Touring/2024 Mustang GT Premium
So I know nothing has left the plant yet, but does anyone know about how long it usually takes to ship from the plant to your dealership? (I’m in Florida)
Sponsored

HWill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Back when things were normal it took almost a month to get my 2018 F150 from the date it was "Awaiting Shipment" to Delivered.
Most of the time was sitting by the train yard waiting to get put on the train and a few days at the train yard in Arizona waiting for a truck to deliver it to the dealership.

Herb

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Everyone is going to be a bit different.

Skye took close to two weeks to arrive, by rail and truck. At the other extreme, some have taken 60+ days.

Once the car is produced, it will be sent to a waiting area, the large storage area we've seen the Mustangs parked at; this location is adjacent to a rail yard and truck routes. My car waited only a day or two to leave. Others have taken two weeks +. It just depends on how quickly they can fill the cars/trailers.

Shippers of any product are trying to be as efficient as possible. Once they have a full load, the train (or truck) will leave.

Like packages, there are major waypoints along the way, where the car will transfer to another train or truck a few times.

The dealer can provide you insight as to where it is, when it reaches any of the expected waypoints.

You can also Google for insight to the shipping companies used, how to track both trains and trucks.

If there are no issues along the way, I'd expect two weeks to 30 days. Admittedly, that's a general, broad band. There are too many variables which affect any of us. Sometimes there are issues which can delay shipment.

Until the dealer takes receipt, the vehicle is the property of Ford. There are times when mechanical problems exist or the car is damaged in shipment. The shipper works directly with Ford to correct the problem. You will not receive insight into what's going on or what the fix was. The dealer will not know anything either. The car will later arrive.

Once the car is on the ground, it will take a day or two for the dealer prep.

1. Remind the dealer not to install the front plate (unless you'd like it installed).

2. Ask that the car not be cleaned. The "detailers" can often do more damage than make the car look better.

3. Ask that any documents in the car be stowed in the trunk. Build sheets and other notes are left in the car at the end of assembly. Dealers will recover and throw these out during checkout, unless you tell them otherwise. They're nice keepsakes.

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
So I know nothing has left the plant yet, but does anyone know about how long it usually takes to ship from the plant to your dealership? (I’m in Florida)
My 2023 Dodge made it from Brampton, Ontario to Tampa, FL in 13 days….. so I’m hoping less for the Mustang. My Dodge came via train

MickB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang GT
has any new mustang been delivered?
Sponsored