• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Time Frame Between Ordering & Delivery?

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I am quite new to this process having ordered my S650 a mere 10 days ago. However, I would like to get an idea of the time frame between the stages of Order Confirmation, Scheduled for Production, Built, and Shipped. My dealer told me that the entire process should take about 3 months. My only communication from Ford has been the initial welcome and Order Confirmation. I imagine the Ford strike has most likely messed up schedules, but I'd still like to get an idea from people who have placed orders since November 1st.
Sponsored

rachelbenton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, Jeep Grand Cherokee
I am quite new to this process having ordered my S650 a mere 10 days ago. However, I would like to get an idea of the time frame between the stages of Order Confirmation, Scheduled for Production, Built, and Shipped. My dealer told me that the entire process should take about 3 months. My only communication from Ford has been the initial welcome and Order Confirmation. I imagine the Ford strike has most likely messed up schedules, but I'd still like to get an idea from people who have placed orders since November 1st.
I ordered mine on 10/14/23 and still have not even received a build date. I was able to confirm that the dealership has an allotment for mine, but that is all. I even reached out to Ford's customer service and they would only confirm that my order is processed and currently unscheduled for production. My dealer stated that I should hear something more in Feb.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered mine on 10/14/23 and still have not even received a build date. I was able to confirm that the dealership has an allotment for mine, but that is all. I even reached out to Ford's customer service and they would only confirm that my order is processed and currently unscheduled for production. My dealer stated that I should hear something more in Feb.
Most disappointing. Four months from Confirmation to [possible] Schedule Date.
What was your Priority Code?

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
The time frame is all over the place. My Ecoboost took 3 months to get, but there are some here who have waited much longer. Production through the holidays will also be much slower, so that will be a factor as well. Lastly, the options you choose may also impact how quickly it gets built. Sadly, the Ford tracker is very inaccurate at times. Once mine started production it pretty much stopped updating.

Assuming you have a good dealer, they can provide a wealth of information far beyond what the tracker shows you. Once you get a VIN, get them to show you VINVIEW. This is a dealer only system that can provide a pretty good look at what is going on, along with some history as to when certain events happened.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The time frame is all over the place. My Ecoboost took 3 months to get, but there are some here who have waited much longer. Production through the holidays will also be much slower, so that will be a factor as well. Lastly, the options you choose may also impact how quickly it gets built. Sadly, the Ford tracker is very inaccurate at times. Once mine started production it pretty much stopped updating.

Assuming you have a good dealer, they can provide a wealth of information far beyond what the tracker shows you. Once you get a VIN, get them to show you VINVIEW. This is a dealer only system that can provide a pretty good look at what is going on, along with some history as to when certain events happened.
I believe I should get a VIN once I get a Scheduled Build Date - Correct?

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
I got a VIN and a scheduled build week the day after I ordered. I think it was simply the luck of timing. They are not scheduling this week according to other posts, and they likely will not schedule again until after the Holidays.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Ordered 9/6 received Ford conformation 9/7. Able to download window sticker when scheduled week of 12/11. Built 12/14. Sits at FRAP waiting for railcar number. Ford chat estimate arrival 1/11/24-1/17/24. FRAP was not hit with the strike.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 9/6 received Ford conformation 9/7. Able to download window sticker when scheduled week of 12/11. Built 12/14. Sits at FRAP waiting for railcar number. Ford chat estimate arrival 1/11/24-1/17/24. FRAP was not hit with the strike.
Thanks for details. Three months between Confirmation and Scheduled Build date? Wow! Long time.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
It looks like we have similar build dates, how do you know it waiting for a rail car number?

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Ford chat confirmed where the car was located. On your window sticker it should have actual date of manufacture
It will be indicated as blend date..

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I assume the Manufacture date is 12/11, It has a code for some kind of ramp, I haven't used chat yet so I'll see if they tell me a bit more.
S650 Mustang Time Frame Between Ordering & Delivery? mhK1v7w

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, I assume the Manufacture date is 12/11, It has a code for some kind of ramp, I haven't used chat yet so I'll see if they tell me a bit more.
mhK1v7w.png
How did you get around the "Gas Guzzler" charge?

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
Ordered my DH (without the handling package) on 3 Sep 23 through my dealer (he had six allotments). The dealer checks weekly and there have not been any updates or scheduling for its production. It's a bit disconcerting not hearing anything. Starting to also look at a new C8 to replace my C5 Vette (especially since the C8 1LT trim can be had for what I'm paying for the DH). Four months and not a word...I'm not a happy camper.
Sponsored