• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Time Frame Between Ordering & Delivery?

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT

GongZilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium 400a package
I am quite new to this process having ordered my S650 a mere 10 days ago. However, I would like to get an idea of the time frame between the stages of Order Confirmation, Scheduled for Production, Built, and Shipped. My dealer told me that the entire process should take about 3 months. My only communication from Ford has been the initial welcome and Order Confirmation. I imagine the Ford strike has most likely messed up schedules, but I'd still like to get an idea from people who have placed orders since November 1st.
I ordered mine on 9/12/23, got notification that it was scheduled for production on 12/11/23 (actually went into production on 12/4/23), then on 12/18/23 I got an email that it was built.... waiting on shipped and final preparation. So far a little over 3 months like the dealership told me.
S650 Mustang Time Frame Between Ordering & Delivery? 1703126343991

GongZilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium 400a package
How did you get around the "Gas Guzzler" charge?
I think if you get the 10 speed...... I know I'm not being charged and I have the 10 speed... Anyone out there get the manual transmission and not get the gas guzzler charge?

jeffnudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Prem. Conv., 2022 Mav Hy XLT
Picked mine up at the dealer today. EcoBoost Premium Convertible with the 201A Package. Ordered September 25, 2023, picked up December 26, 2023. three months.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
My first GT was ordered 8/15 or so. I had cancelled it because the dealer was a bottom feeder, but it showed up 12/5. GT premium with AE, 401a and a stripe.
Even after several emails they still called me when the car was delivered. I gave them the opportunity to take all the dealer installed garbage off, they refused so I told them to stuff it. Got my $500 deposit back with no issues. I suspect they are used to the process.

My new order from a more transparent dealer was ordered on 10/2, same car, is scheduled for production on 1/15/24...

Both were X-Plan orders and about $3k off MSRP.
The order at the second dealer took 15 minutes.
Told him, cash deal, no dealer installed crap, no doc fee above what the X-Plan allows for etc and that was it.
I've purchased 2 Mustangs from them and they have always been straight with me. My only regret was not going there first because the other dealer offered free warranty and all the local Mustang clubs recommended that dealer. Lessons learned.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My first GT was ordered 8/15 or so. I had cancelled it because the dealer was a bottom feeder, but it showed up 12/5. GT premium with AE, 401a and a stripe.
Even after several emails they still called me when the car was delivered. I gave them the opportunity to take all the dealer installed garbage off, they refused so I told them to stuff it. Got my $500 deposit back with no issues. I suspect they are used to the process.

My new order from a more transparent dealer was ordered on 10/2, same car, is scheduled for production on 1/15/24...

Both were X-Plan orders and about $3k off MSRP.
The order at the second dealer took 15 minutes.
Told him, cash deal, no dealer installed crap, no doc fee above what the X-Plan allows for etc and that was it.
I've purchased 2 Mustangs from them and they have always been straight with me. My only regret was not going there first because the other dealer offered free warranty and all the local Mustang clubs recommended that dealer. Lessons learned.
Thanks for the details. I know the Flat Rock plant is shut down for the holidays and is expected to pick up again on 1/2/24. This will cause me to add an additional 10 days to my wait for the second step in the process - Scheduling. Dealer told me that they had "plenty of allocations for Mustang GTs". My order was submitted with a Priority 5. I'm hoping to hear from Ford sometime in January.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Ordered Nov 10, heard nothing beyond the initial email. I texted my dealer but have gotten nothing back. 3-4 months seems pretty standard right now for basic orders.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
...they also take a week or so off at Christmas apparently so factor that in as well.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered Nov 10, heard nothing beyond the initial email. I texted my dealer but have gotten nothing back. 3-4 months seems pretty standard right now for basic orders.
That's what I'm hearing.
Sponsored