• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dealships and PDI

jimbo67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Matter, PP, NPP
First off I am happy with my purchase. I have been working at dealerships for many years. They used to have atleast 1 or 2 techs just doing PDI full time depending on the size of the dealership and or location. Reading all the post with the strakes not on or suspension blocks still in the vehicle is unacceptable. I opened my trunk and the strakes were in plastic bags. Sign of the times. Pay 40 to 70 grand for for a car, you now have to install them or take out the suspension blocks. I would rather do it myself anyway, I wouldn't trust them to do it correctly. Imagine buying a used 24 mustang and this stuff was never installed or removed. Crazy shit. When you drive away they get your money regardless.
Sponsored

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Makes me wonder if those who bought the DH HP have the strakes installed. It may also just be a change of the times. My father's Corvette C8 with the Z51 (purchased new in 2020) didn't have all the air ducts installed due to the manufacturer saying to only install if/when tracking the vehicle (don't quote me on this. Could have been the dealers/service department who told him that... may even be bs).

Side note: My strakes were in the trunk along with the wheel locks still in the bag /SMH

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/new-car-acceptance-checklist.158844/

I had an overall good experience, but the site I worked with had a dedicated team of several people. I was actually asked about what I'd like them to install and how before pickup, which, unfortunately, seems to be a rare occurrence.

I look back to the thread above from time-to-time. It might help anyone before receiving or curious about what to look for.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
When I took delivery there was a tech that was working on a car and was supposed to do an unscheduled break job on a customer but they pulled him off that job to do the PDI on my mustang, he installed the streaks but I discovered two screws weren't tightened.

S650 Mustang Dealships and PDI dXSHDmW
Sponsored