• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse WRECKED in transit!!!!

Vapor Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
My car just came in with gouges in the corner of the bumper. They wanted to get me touch up paint for it. I’m not going to buy it.

S650 Mustang Dark Horse WRECKED in transit!!!! IMG_3010
Sponsored

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
My car just came in with gouges in the corner of the bumper. They wanted to get me touch up paint for it. I’m not going to buy it.

IMG_3010.jpeg
I know how you feel! That is 100% your decision. Don’t worry if anyone agrees with you.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dude that sucks. I ordered mine and it came in with a chip in the paint on the driver's side quarter. I refused delivery. And went to another dealer and bought the exact same spec
Can’t blame you! You probably got it under MSRP too.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I am waiting for my ordered GT to arrive. Ford says it shipped on 29 Feb. It's now 3 weeks in transit. I'm not thinking it will show up perfect. Too long being loaded, unloaded and handled. If I find any defect or scatches I'm not taking delivery. It NOT just a car. A Camry is just a car.
With a $30k price point I would let some minor things slide, but, at mid $50k my standards are much higher.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I am waiting for my ordered GT to arrive. Ford says it shipped on 29 Feb. It's now 3 weeks in transit. I'm not thinking it will show up perfect. Too long being loaded, unloaded and handled. If I find any defect or scatches I'm not taking delivery. It NOT just a car. A Camry is just a car.
With a $30k price point I would let some minor things slide, but, at mid $50k my standards are much higher.
My GT took 3 weeks to get to me and it was flawless. Hopefully yours will be the same way.

OP
OP
rchandler9

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you if there is damage. I wouldn’t get too worried at 3 weeks though. I would even feel pretty safe in the 5-6 week range, depending on where you live and how it is being transported. Mine was at 3 months in shipping when I told the dealer that I was backing out, and “magically” it appeared that day!

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
rchandler9...I would not call it wrecked but damaged in transit ! I understand your sentiment but I would have had them fix it and taken the car for 10% off and would have gone as low as 5% rebate...Too late now but C8 is no alternative if you want manual and interior V8 sound ! Try one of the last Challenger WB with a manual or M2/M4 and see what floats your boat instead of reading about cars because the presstitutes write so much nonsense...

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
He wants a C8. Just because you don't like them, that doesn't affect him. On the street or track, he would leave you in the dust, right? Quiet exhaust and numb steering and all :)

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
I dont care what he wants...He needs to buy what he likes ! I just expressed my opinion as the car had some transport damage but was not wrecked...I get his point but I would have gone for a discount as a car is only new the moment it leaves the assembly line...Lots of car haulers abuse the cars already from the parking lot to the point where they put it on the truck...5-10% discount for a new splitter and headlight would be a good deal and more fun than the C8 AARP express from Chevy...LOL When I drove the C8 I could not believe it...Very comfortable,descend acceleration and nice interior as 3LT but oh so boring...No sportscar feeling at all ! And the design so bad that it makes the C7 almost look good...IMHO Oh well to each their own !
Sponsored