• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse vs Nismo Z vs Supra - Everyday Driver

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It sounds like everyone is disappointed by the lack of steering feel, and these guys came to a different conclusion than SavageGeese did.

Sponsored

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It seems like most reviewers are saying that there's no steering feel whatsoever, which is disappointing considering that the GT350 and Mach 1 didnt have the same complaints. Hopefully Ford can address this.

Outside of that, yeah, it's a bigger, heavier car than the other two. If you're looking for a small, lightweight, nimble car, a Mustang isn't it.

The interior of the Supra really illustrates how cheap the fake carbon stuff on the Mustang looks. That stuff has NO place in a car that costs 60+ grand.

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special

Mustang ended up in 3rd place for both reviewers. Most of the same comments about lack of steering feel and weight.

Maybe Ford will get around to improving steering feel someday.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
There’s no excuse for the steering feel when the Mach 1 was never hit with the same criticism. Also, seeing the real carbon fiber in the Supra’s interior makes the fake carbon in the Mustang look so much worse than it already did. Come on, Ford!

728Autos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Yeah yeah I get it steering feel blah blah.
The new steering ratio is fantastic for me and the more I drive the car the more I understand whats going on through my fingertips.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Yeah yeah I get it steering feel blah blah.
The new steering ratio is fantastic for me and the more I drive the car the more I understand whats going on through my fingertips.
Which car are you saying is fantastic? Clue me in! Thanks!

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer

Mustang ended up in 3rd place for both reviewers. Most of the same comments about lack of steering feel and weight.

Maybe Ford will get around to improving steering feel someday.
Yep. I still have no idea why Ford won’t apply the GT350 magic to the Dark Horse …

I test drove a 24 GT and the steering felt video game like fake compared to my car ….

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
When did the Mustang switch to the electric steering?
Give them time, it will get better. When the Hellcat first switched to electric it sucked, but each year it got better and better.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
When did the Mustang switch to the electric steering?
Give them time, it will get better. When the Hellcat first switched to electric it sucked, but each year it got better and better.
My mom's 2016 Edge has it. A real pain when it gets messed up because it needs to be reset before it works again. She lost a battery and that was enough to mess up the system. Needed to flat bed it to Ford for a battery and a reset.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's the Edge. When did the Mustang first get it?

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, you would think it could have been improved by now. When I test drove a 24 GT I noticed the steering had very little feedback thru the wheel, but didn't think it was as bad as the guys in the video said.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Wow, you would think it could have been improved by now. When I test drove a 24 GT I noticed the steering had very little feedback thru the wheel, but didn't think it was as bad as the guys in the video said.
I haven't driven a 24 yet, but I never had an issue with my 2015. Did the steering feel like a Lotus Elise or an Alfa 4C? No, but I never felt like I didn't know what the grip was like at the front end. Maybe the 24 is somehow worse? I don't know...

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I doubt it. I think those guys just don't want to like the Mustang. You couldn't give me the Z or the Supra. Guess i just like American muscle.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I doubt it. I think those guys just don't want to like the Mustang. You couldn't give me the Z or the Supra. Guess i just like American muscle.
I'm pretty sure they liked the Mach 1 and GT350, and other reviewers that liked those said the steering isn't good in the 24. I'm with you though--the Supra and Z just don't do anything for me. I sat in a Supra at the auto show and the view out was like a submarine. I would rather have an NA V8 than a turbo 6.
Sponsored