• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Farley is to busy making EV's that no one wants...
and chock full of KNOWN engineering ERRORS. Stupid is not compatible with modern engineering.

And the recall of all Mustangs since 2020 for the low brake fluid signal was because some dork didn't bother to read the source code changelog, and the validation team didn't BOTHER to write a test to confirm CORRECT operation of the software.

4 billion in corrective action just points to failure to spend money where it matters - before the damn product ships!

The hose popping off the clutch reservoir has been KNOWN since 2015 and at NO TIME did Ford bother to change the SKU and get a hose that was 2 freaking inches longer. Oh no, let's keep using the same WRONG part for the next 12 years. They could have fixed this any time if an engineer BOTHERED to just LOOK at the damn thing. Or the guy on the floor who installs the line 50 times an hour could have hit the big red switch and halted factory production.

Same deal at Amazon, which buys $10 million dollars of hardware every single day. Some moron hardware engineer spec'd a SAS cable that was 2 inches too short. And the ODM who builds these systems by the rackfull every single day didn't say one word when their techs had to grab the cable and pull it as tight as a guitar string in order to make the connection. Oh no, they deploy 300 racks of these things all over the world and waste the operations team (and datacenter tech) time chasing disk farms that just disappear or bob up and down for no reason. Till the new kid (me) shows up and says, WTF is wrong with you people? How come nobody has set eyes on the thing? I literally walk up to the rack and the problem is right there staring you in the face.

Engineering and validation is done by hands and eyes. Not a god damn computer screen.
/rant

Last edited:

Timry2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT Sport
I don't think ford will let anyone know what exactly happened. In an incident a long time ago, a guy on the track had an oil line let go and it dumped oil all over his header and ignited. Ford took the car, analyzed the problem, and based upon their findings, gave him a brand new GT350 R model. His user name on M6G was ITLRUN. Here is the photo....

GT350+Fire+2.webp.jpg

He was upgraded to a GT350R, but Ford never went public on this one. I suspect that the same will be true for the OP.
And they were probably forced to sign a non disclosure agreement, so we may never here the truth

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
And they were probably forced to sign a non disclosure agreement, so we may never here the truth
I don't think that was the case. As for the OP, if this was something that was a mfg issue, it wouldn't hurt to get the regional rep involved to see what ford will do for him. When they figure out what happened to the vehicle, ford may very well step up.

It doesn't hurt to try... that was the point of my example.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Same deal at A

/rant
It is confounding how some get paid as much as they do for the little sense they have. But yes completely comprehend. Preach. , oopps. 👍🏻
Sponsored