• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I've also just realized... they gave us a glossy upper grille and a matte lower grille on the S550s, now they've just reversed it! :facepalm:
The inside part of the upper grille IS glossy, it's just that the outer portions and the bags under the eyes are gray. It doesn't really make sense to me. They have gloss black grilles with a gloss black hood vent paired with dark gray outer grilles and mirror caps. I don't particularly understand, but whatever.
Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
The inside part of the upper grille IS glossy, it's just that the outer portions and the bags under the eyes are gray. It doesn't really make sense to me. They have gloss black grilles with a gloss black hood vent paired with dark gray outer grilles and mirror caps. I don't particularly understand, but whatever.
Yeah, that's what makes it MORE frustrating. The matte surround just bludgeons the front end.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Ya, they should have just kept the bigger headlights instead of making them smaller and trying to fill in the gap with plastic
I believe Ford designers used 1992 Pontiac Grand Prix headlights as inspiration.

FH212

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro SS 1LE, 01 Mecham Trans Am
Painting the area around the headlights looks SOOOOOO much better!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Never mind...saw another post that answered my question.:D

Last edited:

CF-105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
Thaaat's looking more like it. Honestly your original renders look better than the press photos, Ace—think all the black up front matching a bit better might have something to do with that.

Maybe with the front fascia piece painted a deep, glossy black to match the grille instead of the matte almost primer-looking coat it had on release, it'll look less... rough. Ah well. I'll be happy to cruise in a GT anyway. Unless it's some absurd left field steal of a price, will leave that to any prospective trackhounds. :like:

EDIT: Had a couple minutes to spare at the end of the day. Not derailing, just giving some credence to the above with what few (and poor) 'shopping skills I have. Could be done much, much better.
asdfaasdfasdf.jpeg
Definitely. I guess if I end up with one, it will get a quick trip to the paint shop.