• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Convertible?

RTFM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 2022 MT
in what ways is the convertible inferior (not including any weight or sturdiness’s advantages the coupe has)?
If you dont care about tracking the car, then there is no inferiority complex to have. It's hard to find a day track that accepts convertible without rollbars. Also, from a CX coefficient point of view, the coupe is much more slick and therefore slightly faster on a track or a strip. Nobody will notice that on the streets.
Sponsored

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker

AaronTV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2021 Bronco Reservation

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
That seems to indicate at least the possibility of this becoming a more widely available option in future model years.

Fingers crossed!
I think a lot of people would buy it just to get the Tremec transmission in a convertible based on the way everyone bashes the Getrag on here.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67, 99, 2013 Mustang
From what I gather from Ford’s most recent email, I think that the Dark Horse is only available in a Coupe. I am driving my third Mustang convertible so….
Hope I am wrong.
Just the one built for a charity drawing as far as I know. Coupes are faster.

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I owned a 2001 Cobra convertible, it was okay to drive with the top down, I guess. I wished it were a coupe after the novelty wore off. It was my last performance convertible for sure.
My too! I had 2003 SVT Cobra in tan convertible along with Stainless Works muffler and top down with exhaust is music to me! Lol!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT
I'm with you buddy, convertible performance mustangs don't make sense... but I still want them and will 100% place an order for one if the opportunity comes up. Are you hearing this Ford? TAKE MY MONEY! 🤣

We all know convertible models are inferior to the coupes when it comes to performance - there is no arguing that. The hidden secret of a performance convertible is hearing that exhaust with the top down on a sunny day, possibly every day driving to and from work if you live in a warm climate. This delivers more pleasure to the few of us out there that prefer the driving experience rather than the numbers/stats.
You said a mouthful there my friend. Nothing more glorious than my 2020 GT convertible with the top down and AE in track mode, both of which just happen to be the only way she leaves the garage.

Hard to believe that much fun is even legal. Well, kinda legal I guess.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
If you dont care about tracking the car, then there is no inferiority complex to have. It's hard to find a day track that accepts convertible without rollbars. Also, from a CX coefficient point of view, the coupe is much more slick and therefore slightly faster on a track or a strip. Nobody will notice that on the streets.
It seems the drop off in performance in convertibles isn't what it used to be. Has any publication tested an auto coupe much faster than this auto convertible? This came from Motor Trend.

S650 Mustang Dark Horse Convertible? 1702914199595

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
It seems the drop off in performance in convertibles isn't what it used to be. Has any publication tested an auto coupe much faster than this auto convertible? This came from Motor Trend.

1702914199595.png
Motortrend has only tested a manual gt coupe

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I'm with you buddy, convertible performance mustangs don't make sense... but I still want them and will 100% place an order for one if the opportunity comes up. Are you hearing this Ford? TAKE MY MONEY! 🤣

We all know convertible models are inferior to the coupes when it comes to performance - there is no arguing that. The hidden secret of a performance convertible is hearing that exhaust with the top down on a sunny day, possibly every day driving to and from work if you live in a warm climate. This delivers more pleasure to the few of us out there that prefer the driving experience rather than the numbers/stats.
You just nailed it as I look at the window at all the SNOW.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
It's a performance variant. There was no GT350, M1 or GT500 convertible, so why would they do it to the DH
Yes there were GT 500 convertibles. No dark horse convertible yet and probably won’t be since it’s a track oriented car.
Sponsored