• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Convertible?

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways, 50th wh
I upgraded my stock 2015 GT vert w/a PP1 suspension from a 2017 donor hardtop car. To add rigidity, I included a Steeda 2-point bar connecting the suspension underneath. The car already came with the structural reinforcements off a PP! as it was a GT vert.

Mine would handle the extra horses of a Dark Horse.

CVCashmere
Sponsored

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT; 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
"High performance convertible" is a contradiction of terms. That's why F1 and Indy cars have always been coupes. :sunglasses:

jasteffen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt500 conv
If your ugly and bald you don’t want a high powered convertible anything , straight line is just fine fast top down

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
"High performance convertible" is a contradiction of terms. That's why F1 and Indy cars have always been coupes. :sunglasses:
Technically they are open top vehicles -- more closely related to convertibles than coupes.

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT; 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Ti Sport
I thought my sarcasm would have been glaringly obvious, but I added an emoji just in case. Perhaps I should have added more of them. :giggle::crazy::frown:

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I thought my sarcasm would have been glaringly obvious, but I added an emoji just in case. Perhaps I should have added more of them. :giggle::crazy::frown:
This old work Android tablet I am using is on such an old version that most of the emojis come across as boxes with X's in them, so I wouldn't see them anyway.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
This old work Android tablet I am using is on such an old version that most of the emojis come across as boxes with X's in them, so I wouldn't see them anyway.
Does it use the charger with the port that is 3 to 4 times the size of a newer one?

AaronTV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2021 Bronco Reservation
I want this not for the power, but for the chance to drive a convertible Mustang with the Tremec manual. I've owned a 2016 GT convertible and a 2019 Bullitt. Those cars are fun but I didn't love the shifter and no longer own either of them.

There should be an option to add the Tremec to the convertible. I've been hoping they'd do this for years. I'd buy one.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I want this not for the power, but for the chance to drive a convertible Mustang with the Tremec manual. I've owned a 2016 GT convertible and a 2019 Bullitt. Those cars are fun but I didn't love the shifter and no longer own either of them.

There should be an option to add the Tremec to the convertible. I've been hoping they'd do this for years. I'd buy one.
The Bullitt had the Tremec as far as I know...

AZMustangMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Convertible
The two that I have had have been just fine. I did have issues with the top on my Labarron Convertible, and my BMW 430i convertible I only had for a few months. It kept turning itself on.. represented myself and returned it as a LEMON..

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
If Ford offered a moonroof I would probably order a coupe instead of a convertible. I have owned coupe and convertible during the Fox Body days and I feel caged when I drive a coupe for some reason. Just a different feel. I might trade the 2024 GT Convertible I have on order for a coupe if we get another Shelby variant if I can get my engineless Fox Body convertible running again before then. Gotta have at least one functioning convertible in the stable :)

DadBodProud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Accord Sport SE, 2016 Mazda Mx-5
I'm with you buddy, convertible performance mustangs don't make sense... but I still want them and will 100% place an order for one if the opportunity comes up. Are you hearing this Ford? TAKE MY MONEY! 🤣

We all know convertible models are inferior to the coupes when it comes to performance - there is no arguing that. The hidden secret of a performance convertible is hearing that exhaust with the top down on a sunny day, possibly every day driving to and from work if you live in a warm climate. This delivers more pleasure to the few of us out there that prefer the driving experience rather than the numbers/stats.
I ordered a GT convertible, in what ways is the convertible inferior (not including any weight or sturdiness’s advantages the coupe has)?

Everything I’ve read shows it gets the same engine/figures than the coupe - am I wrong?

i opted for the active exhaust too to squeeze out that 6 hp.
Sponsored