• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark Horse Appearance and handling not available this year?

billybaddda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium
I put money down last year to ensure I got the first allocation at my local dealer. They have 5 allocations total. I placed my order on Monday with everyone else and was stoked. $3k over msrp. DH premium with appearance package and handling package, tremec 6. However, my dealer called me today to say that the Ford rep called and let them know that the appearance and handling options won't be available this year and gave me 2 options:

1. Remove the DH appearance package and handling options and get a build date in May; or
2. Keep those options and get a build next year.

Has anyone else heard this? Could it just be that my dealer got lower model allocations? I don't really want to remove those options, but I also don't want to wait until next year.
Sponsored

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R
I haven't heard this but I'll definitely ask my dealer tomorrow. Good grief. We just want our damn cars šŸ˜¤

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
Not sure how accurate that is, myself and few others (in Canada) had both those and we have VIN and build date in May. Mind you the 1 allocation my dealer got was already pre-selected with all options by ford and I took it exactly as is.
Perhaps the allocation your dealer got ford didn't include those?

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
Nope, havenā€™t heard this either. Kind of hard to believe ā€œThe most track capable 5.0 Mustang ever,ā€ wonā€™t have the handling package available till next year.

Iā€™m guessing somethingā€™s up with the dealership, not Ford.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Keeping an open mind, but I lean towards something with that dealer.

Ford sets up suppliers way in advance, so product can be made to meet schedules.

Any chance he was trying to explain these will be delayed in the MY? Being delayed is entirely possible.

Discussions with this dealer started last year. Maybe they were incorrect in the number or type of allocations they expected to receive versus what actually was given. This is their way deal with that situation.

@Ford Motor Company , @Zach@Granger ,

One of our members received feedback from his supporting dealer both the Appearance Package and Handling Package will be unavailable for the DH in MY 24. Any truth to this?

Any insight or clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

OP
OP

billybaddda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also asked the dealer when they expected it would be built next year. January would certainly be better than May, for example. He said the Ford rep wouldn't commit on timing, so he had no guess.

I know I'm complaining about not getting a 2024 in 2023, but to see our Canadian friends getting build dates has me frustrated.

If someone in the US confirms, then I know the problem is with my dealer and I should have gone to the next city over! Too late now though.

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ā€˜22 Maverick, ā€˜23 Escape
No appearance package would mean no Blue Ember. That would seem strange.

Zach@Granger

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Keeping an open mind, but I lean towards something with that dealer.

Ford sets up suppliers way in advance, so product can be made to meet schedules.

Any chance he was trying to explain these will be delayed in the MY? Being delayed is entirely possible.

Discussions with this dealer started last year. Maybe they were incorrect in the number or type of allocations they expected to receive versus what actually was given. This is their way deal with that situation.

@Ford Motor Company , @Zach@Granger ,

One of our members received feedback from his supporting dealer both the Appearance Package and Handling Package will be unavailable for the DH in MY 24. Any truth to this?

Any insight or clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.
No, that is not the case. I was able to place an order today with both of those options. The only issue I saw was that the Carbon Fiber wheels were a late availability option. Pretty much every other option box was checked.

OP
OP

billybaddda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a message into the dealer asking them to explain the situation and to confirm that this is a dealer specific issue. I'll post an update when I hear back.

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
Maybe he's just trying to sell you his pre-configured build.

OP
OP

billybaddda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The dealer got back to me and said he just passed on what his Ford rep told him and doesn't have any more info. He said they won't change my build and hopefully it'll still get a build date within a couple of months. Cross my fingers!

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617)
šŸ¤ž

We're pulling for you, brother!

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Maybe he's just trying to sell you his pre-configured build.
I agree. I smell something weird here. I hear that dealers only got 1-2 DH allocations for the whole year. His dealer got 5? Maybe that's for all types GT's ect.

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Someone on Facebook said that couldn't put in a new order with the appearance package either. Maybe the Ford rep was trying to say they received their capacity of blue ember they can produce so far, so they stop taking new orders until they can allocate more to that package. Blue Ember may be more popular than they thought?