• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I'm glad he addressed the Camaro memes. Just goes to show you what a pack of dumb hyenas the internet has become (or maybe always was?).

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Pretty sure it was Texas Truck Channel

They still have this:

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
Is it me or does the EB looks better than the GT from the front :D

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Actually I feel the same way. Gloss just does not do it for me. Love the matte finishes and simplicity in the lines.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
Exactly what I've been waiting to see...conpared with the S550, I think it really misses losing all of those sharp lines and doesn't have the same accentuation of the front/rear "dhoulders and hips". Not a fan of how flat the rear deck sits either, though it should definitely work better for adding pedestal spoilers for those who are into that.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Exactly what I've been waiting to see...conpared with the S550, I think it really misses losing all of those sharp lines and doesn't have the same accentuation of the front/rear "dhoulders and hips". Not a fan of how flat the rear deck sits either, though it should definitely work better for adding pedestal spoilers for those who are into that.
It looks like the door still has some sharp creases and muscular surfacing. Looks like you really have to see it in person to notice the difference it makes. I also wasn't a massive fan at first of the longer, flater rear deck, I like seeing fastbacks stretched all the way to the decklid. That said, it accentuates and enhances the rear end, making it look more muscular without going full dodge Challenger, you never go full challenger.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
It looks like the door still has some sharp creases and muscular surfacing. Looks like you really have to see it in person to notice the difference it makes. I also wasn't a massive fan at first of the longer, flater rear deck, I like seeing fastbacks stretched all the way to the decklid. That said, it accentuates and enhances the rear end, making it look more muscular without going full dodge Challenger, you never go full challenger.
They made it more dynamic (I know, such a cliche design term ugh). All of the changes accentuate length in profile. The side treatment loses those awesome scalloped body lines BUT it does an amazing job of enhancing the coke bottle, pinched-waist effect that makes the hips look wider and the front fenders more resolute. The doors look slimmer but that’s only because the jambs are hidden in the undercut, which is neat.

By removing the rear fender line that ran through the gas cap and extending the rear deck lid out even further (pronounced by the extreme kink that bisects the trunk panel), and then adding a character line that emphasizes the rear decklid’s edge (fading into the fender), you get a car that’s proportionally identical but visually transformed.

I know these rambles sound like I’m breathing in my own farts and obsessing over minute design details but I’m honestly impressed at the execution and how effortlessly they emphasize the right proportions.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Also going to assume that the trunk opening will benefit from the extended rear deck. Bruh trying to pack boxes in the S550 was total ass. Hallelujah.
Sponsored