• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Underway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gt Premium PP1
Just put in a deposit at my local dealership to lock myself in at MSRP for their Dark Horse allocation! I know order banks haven't opened, but they did the early deposit to hold my spot. 🤞🤞🤞
Congratulations ! I was able to put a deposit on a Dark Horse back on January 3rd at a dealer near me. They agreed to sell it at MSRP.

DxrkLucy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.0 mustang GT track pack 6-speed manual
Congratulations ! I was able to put a deposit on a Dark Horse back on January 3rd at a dealer near me. They agreed to sell it at MSRP.
I’ve had dealerships tell me that they could get me on for the dark horse with zero mark ups as well. This was all around December/January time. They told me that if I order the vehicle on the day order banks open that I could get it at MSRP. However. With the limited allocations recently announced how sure are you guys that they will keep their promise if they’re only getting maybe one or a few allocations?

2019StangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 (ordered 12/21), 2005 Chevy Impala
I’ve had dealerships tell me that they could get me on for the dark horse with zero mark ups as well. This was all around December/January time. They told me that if I order the vehicle on the day order banks open that I could get it at MSRP. However. With the limited allocations recently announced how sure are you guys that they will keep their promise if they’re only getting maybe one or a few allocations?
I won’t have any problem getting at MSRP, but Ive bought a couple vehicles from him. There are unscrupulous dealers that we only looking for as much money as they can get. I bought a ‘21 GT500 for only $1K over MSRP. I sold it back to the them later on for a profit. Lol

Underway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gt Premium PP1
I have a signed agreement from the dealership and a followup email laying out exactly what we agreed to. I'm sure they can refuse to sell it to me but they knew that they would probably only get one when they agreed to the deal. They took my deposit based on our agreement so it looks like a contract to sell, according to my lawyer.

S650 Mustang Confirmed: 2024 Mustang Order Banks + Build & Price Open 3/27, OKTB Expected Early Summer IMG_6554 2.JPG

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I have a signed agreement from the dealership and a followup email laying out exactly what we agreed to. I'm sure they can refuse to sell it to me but they knew that they would probably only get one when they agreed to the deal. They took my deposit based on our agreement so it looks like a contract to sell, according to my lawyer.

IMG_6554 2.JPG
Some dude in this thread that guaranteed no one would get it at MSRP owes you Ppf tint and life time BJs. Said it himself

2019StangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What Time Frame is that for - do Ford issue Monthly Allocations on Mustangs?
It’s for the model year run, which is 18 months. It’s a long MY run, the 2023 MY is only 4 months long. But that isn’t she in stone. Allotments can change or be increased at Fords descretion.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue GT 10Sp Auto
It’s for the model year run, which is 18 months. It’s a long MY run, the 2023 MY is only 4 months long. But that isn’t she in stone. Allotments can change or be increased at Fords descretion.
Thanks, however I just noticed an entry by Skye on Post# 265 confirming its MONTHLY. (as below)

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-about-ford-ordering-scheduling-process.2047/

"Ford Dealers earn vehicle scheduling allocation each month based on reported vehicle sales, current inventory, projected sales, etc. Each month, Dealers usually meet with their Ford Zone Manager to review the allocation offered for scheduling the following month."

The information from the link above provides detailed insight into the ordering/allocation/scheduling process.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Further to the above, if you logically consider the previous Sales Volumes for the Mustang, about 75,000 p/a in 2018 before Covid19, and circa 122,000 p/a in 2015 with the release of Gen 6, that equates to around 6,250 to 10,200 per month - divided by the number of Dealers in the US.

Last edited:

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark horse is sounding like it’s going to be more and more rare day by day which is making me want it more 😂
It will be interesting to see how the Dark Horse compares to a similarly Specked GT in Pricing, and Insurance (although the DH will maintain its Value better).

2019StangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, however I just noticed an entry by Skye on Post# 265 confirming its MONTHLY. (as below)

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...-about-ford-ordering-scheduling-process.2047/

"Ford Dealers earn vehicle scheduling allocation each month based on reported vehicle sales, current inventory, projected sales, etc. Each month, Dealers usually meet with their Ford Zone Manager to review the allocation offered for scheduling the following month."

The information from the link above provides detailed insight into the ordering/allocation/scheduling process.
I understand that it is fluid and can change. I was just saying they received their PROJECTED total MY allotment. This the email all dealers received.
S650 Mustang Confirmed: 2024 Mustang Order Banks + Build & Price Open 3/27, OKTB Expected Early Summer B001D443-6C00-4B48-A730-BF901F4C96FF

2019StangPP1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Further to the above, if you logically consider the previous Sales Volumes for the Mustang, about 75,000 p/a in 2018 before Covid19, and circa 122,000 p/a in 2015 with the release of Gen 6, that equates to around 6,250 to 10,200 per month - divided by the number of Dealers in the US.
Which is about 2900 dealers
Sponsored