• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Check engine light at ~100 mi (All O2 sensors dead)

oxfordS650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 GT / ‘84 911
Bought my ‘24 GT just a few days ago, and on my second day of ownership at about 100mi the CEL popped up.

Turns out all of my oxygen sensors were dead. The service guy was helpful in running the codes and showing that air/fuel ratio was stuck at 14. It’s been at the shop for 2 days awaiting new sensors. Apparently the 7G sensors are different from the last gen.

Any ideas on what may have caused this?
Sponsored

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
That is crazy as I have never heard about a 02 sensor failing at 100 miles…100K miles maybe but definitely not after after burning less than half a tank of gas…

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Sheesh, I've never heard of this either. Sorry you are having to deal with this.

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
They were probably dead on arrival and the ecu attempted to compensate for a while and through a CEL when it ran out of compensation.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Bought my ‘24 GT just a few days ago, and on my second day of ownership at about 100mi the CEL popped up.

Turns out all of my oxygen sensors were dead. The service guy was helpful in running the codes and showing that air/fuel ratio was stuck at 14. It’s been at the shop for 2 days awaiting new sensors. Apparently the 7G sensors are different from the last gen.

Hi there! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this check engine light concern? Thank you!

OP
OP

oxfordS650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 GT / ‘84 911
Update:

Got a call from the dealer that the vehicle was ready. I drove up there and they pull it up and break the news that the check engine light is back on. They ran the codes and said same codes as before.

Disappointing to say the least.

OP
OP

oxfordS650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 GT / ‘84 911
Update:

I have the vehicle back. The dealer and Ford were very helpful in communicating the issues and were accommodating.

Turns out there was a some sort of defect with a pin on the wiring harness leading to the PCM.

Marty Monroe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium CVT 401a

My 2024 GT 401a cvt Oct 2023 engine light on 300 miles. Brought to dealer broken damper assembly front nose, needed to remove bumper to replace
On another issue, anyone have problems with creaking of break pedal? Just annoying, this is my 6th GT cvt used to be $30 k now at $61,000 these issues should not occur IMO

H8N_PPL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse Premium, 2020 RAM 2500 Mega Cab
Update:

I have the vehicle back. The dealer and Ford were very helpful in communicating the issues and were accommodating.

Turns out there was a some sort of defect with a pin on the wiring harness leading to the PCM.

I had the very same thing happen in my Dark Horse at ~300 miles. I dropped it off after making an appointment with a local Dealership and they found a wire completely sticking out of the connector in my ignition harness...same robot must have made my cables too!

Glad to hear yours was an easy (yet inconvenient) fix!

Aaron
Sponsored