• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Keep in mind that all I have are the barest hints from a grainy shot of MAYBE a leak the S650 GT. The rest is my earnest attempt at imagining a hood worthy of resting on a Mustang GT. That said, I like it, but it is unlikely to be anywhere close to the real thing.

Hood_Conjecture_in_Red.jpg

Chaz... Why did you just have to give me a mid-day chub... seriously... this is gorgeous
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
It's not just that Alfa, go for a drive and count the number of cars using the whole "3+3" led lighting fad. I absolutely hate it, think it has nothing to do with the Mustang, and am really hoping that we somehow get something else in the end.

If there's anything that should age poorly, it's the whole led headlight implementation from the earliest designs for it. I mean...Ford got it right with the Bronco and their trucks don't look necessarily bad, but the cars just look like everything else and that's no good. Not a fan of the "handlebar moustache" lower grill/light trend that Ford and others have copied from Mitsubishi's Outlander either lol...that is truly heinous and needs to die; why in the world this is becoming a thing, yet alone something deemed worth copying, is truly mind boggling lol.

5903_web1_220611-TodaysDrive-MitsubishiOutlander_1.jpg

06252d455ba644519b9fc704e9ddf424?from=pc.jpg
Maybe it's the color, or that angle, but I think that design looks great. Prob ford's best looking sedan in the last few decades at least. Shame it won't be coming to the N. American market.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Chaz... Why did you just have to give me a mid-day chub... seriously... this is gorgeous
I'm dying to know, what the status on your chub right now? Is it still going strong? These are the answers everyone on this forum needs bro. Don't leave us hanging (pun intended?)

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
A few things that I noticed in the Woodward photos that may be helpful:
1) The white with black dots is applied to the actual body (and some glass), so you can play with filters and get a better shape. The hood for instance has a dome in the center and a ridge line a few inches inside of the black padding.
2) It looks like the top edge of the hood sticks out further than the center of the bumper. You can see how the netting on the camo in the front is pulled in.
3) The round opening behind the drivers window has body (or camo covered glass) behind it.
4) The mesh behind the doors doesn't have the white/black camo visible thru it.
5) The front and rear fenders seem a lot wider than the doors. Could be padding behind the camo, but it looks too even for that.
6) Could be an illusion, but the rear tail lights seem narrower at the top towards the center of the car.
7) If you look at the drivers side door, between the door edge and the strap, there is a definite outline of a scoop. Possibly functional given the mesh just behind it?

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
We will see very soon…

8C087538-5C6E-47D8-B74D-05E77D1FA4EA.jpeg
Yes, this is the Bentley (I think) that I based my Mustang Concept on from a couple years ago.
S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1661138084763

And this Back End (Rear Window & AngledTail Lights) Reminds me of a Porsche 928
S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1661138162579

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 1661139114489

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Yes, this is the Bentley (I think) that I based my Mustang Concept on from a couple years ago.
1661138084763.jpeg

And this Back End (Rear Window & AngledTail Lights) Reminds me of a Porsche 928
1661138162579.jpeg

1661139114489.jpeg
I can't recall if that gray sketch was done as an s550 proposal, or if it was created by a fan, but I love it. If the general shape of the s650 looked like that, I'd be in love. Maybe just sharpen up the edges a little so it flows better with the more agressive fron end. But that's it.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
@chazcron: Absolutely great work as always. After the reveal, will you recreate a 3d model of the final car?
Since we already saw some wheels on the prototypes, any chance you could recreate one of those to your model instead of the c8 wheels?

If they really go for the blacked out grille on a GT the car just screams to add more blacked out elements to it.

But after seeing the Charger concept I will really have to wait what dodge is offering with the final models before pulling a trigger on a Gen 7 as a new daily.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
We will see very soon…

8C087538-5C6E-47D8-B74D-05E77D1FA4EA.jpeg
Keep in mind that all I have are the barest hints from a grainy shot of MAYBE a leak the S650 GT. The rest is my earnest attempt at imagining a hood worthy of resting on a Mustang GT. That said, I like it, but it is unlikely to be anywhere close to the real thing.

Hood_Conjecture_in_Red.jpg
If the Chinese Ford Mondeo tailight design is any indication of the future S650 design, the Mustang's tailight assembly is going to look cheap (similar to the 2013-2014 tailight assembly(a little LED light surrounded by lots of black plastic)).

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
@chazcron: Absolutely great work as always. After the reveal, will you recreate a 3d model of the final car?
Since we already saw some wheels on the prototypes, any chance you could recreate one of those to your model instead of the c8 wheels?

If they really go for the blacked out grille on a GT the car just screams to add more blacked out elements to it.

But after seeing the Charger concept I will really have to wait what dodge is offering with the final models before pulling a trigger on a Gen 7 as a new daily.
Isn't the C8 a suitable daily? :D

Anyhow, I'm glad you go for the best out of two worlds. I'll mostly likely buy a gen7 myself. I would love to own a C8 Z06 but with an estimated price tag of around 180K in Europe it's just way above what I'm willing to pay for a car...

Keep up the good work and the same goes for @chazcron

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium

Thanks, Ace (And everybody, actually)

Right now, there’s nothing else for me to model without any new leaks, unfortunately.

I will likely finish the exterior. My Blender modeling skills are much more robust and less clumsy than they used to be. Hopefully there’ll be plenty of source material at the reveal. Then again, maybe not. The less they show, the more useful my renders will be. And yes, I will model a Mustang-specific rim.
Also, I did do a render with a blacked-out pony in the grille. Speaking of black and nothing else to model, maybe I’ll come up with a decent hero black render.

If there were a leak of the rear end, even if it was just days before the reveal, I would probably still model it.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I don't have any sketches for you as I am totally not skilled for that haha, but still I'd like to share an image with you that I saw today which gives a nice look on all previous models and the new gen hidden as always. The reveal day is approaching folks.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! Mustang line u
Sponsored