• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
thePill will answer that since he can never be destroyed…

“The rear window and the rear 3/4 windows will likely remain unchanged too.”

Oh, I Hope Not!

The Rear Window has Never Been Accurate. A Left Side Window Drop at the Top. They didn’t fix it with the 2018’s.

I Hope They Spent Some Money on a New Mold and Got The Dimensions Right This Time!
Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
I am holding onto the hope that the Fastback may stretch all the way to the tail light panel… if not appear to protrude over the rear panel all together. I think if they redesign the deck lid they maybe they will attempt to make the trunk opening larger than it is now because that is really important.

Or, maybe they keep the deck lid length the same as the 2018-‘23 BUT, the tail light panel, rear bumper and diffuser may be pushed inward, as much as the front is push back and give the rear the “tail” or “snub” look that many mid-engine Sports Cars use.
Gave me an idea..
27268E83-4341-40C5-8419-F4C2B760E25D_1_201_a.jpeg
Is That A Secret? !!!!

Arashk998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa romeo Mito
thePill will answer that since he can never be destroyed…

The double bubble roof may have new sheet metal but it’s starting to look like the greenhouse will remain the same as the S550. Any changes from the B-pillar back will likely be sheet metal only and very little of the structure changed underneath.

MAYBE there are slight changes to the C-pillar sheet metal but I honestly believe the roofs structure will be the same. The rear window and the rear 3/4 windows will likely remain unchanged too.

I think most of the changes will be limited to rear fenders and hips, maybe a new truck lid and an updated rear panel/diffuser to match the changes in the front.

So… maybe sharper lines on the roof, maybe a wider trunk opening but even that’s a BIG IF and some sharper hips that reach back to a sharper designed tail light panel.

Same with the doors, the skin may change but the bones won’t…
But from the spy shots the fuel cap looks to be where the rear windows usually are. That could mean there won’t be the usual rear windows.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The 2024 Mustang was co-developed with the 2015 and there were many attempts to get people expectations under control.

There is a chance that the S650 only last 3 model years. I think the plan is to release for MY24 based on sales performance, a refreshed 2026-‘27 may be worked in for until 2030.

I expect the REAL reason Ford can classify the S650 as its own Generation will lay solely on the platform changes. I am wondering if the S650 platform is scaleable, like GM’s Alpha was. I am eager to see if they have additional Wheelbase options for the GT350/500 making them shorter than the GT’s 107 and a true 2-seater coupe.
Confirmed, the S650 WILL NOT be a long Model run and it’s longevity will be based on:

1.) S650 Sales and…
2.) 8th Gen Development.

A shortened wheelbase would sure be nice for the HALO projects! 😉

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Since most of S650 has been covered up to now, does anyone believe the "hockey stick" roof line will stay or will Ford inverse it like the 1972 Mustang??
I sound like a broken record
Is everyone making similar styles of headlight assemblies?

Alpha Romeo Tonea.jpg
There was no way ford copied those headlights, the design of the s650 was already locked in most likely before this Alfa was revealed. That being said, I'm ok with them looking similar, those lights are super sexy.

62Telecaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ranger Edge
I sound like a broken record

There was no way ford copied those headlights, the design of the s650 was already locked in most likely before this Alfa was revealed. That being said, I'm ok with them looking similar, those lights are super sexy.
It's not just that Alfa, go for a drive and count the number of cars using the whole "3+3" led lighting fad. I absolutely hate it, think it has nothing to do with the Mustang, and am really hoping that we somehow get something else in the end.

If there's anything that should age poorly, it's the whole led headlight implementation from the earliest designs for it. I mean...Ford got it right with the Bronco and their trucks don't look necessarily bad, but the cars just look like everything else and that's no good. Not a fan of the "handlebar moustache" lower grill/light trend that Ford and others have copied from Mitsubishi's Outlander either lol...that is truly heinous and needs to die; why in the world this is becoming a thing, yet alone something deemed worth copying, is truly mind boggling lol.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 5903_web1_220611-TodaysDrive-MitsubishiOutlander_1

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! 06252d455ba644519b9fc704e9ddf424?from=pc

OP
OP
chazcron

chazcron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Keep in mind that all I have are the barest hints from a grainy shot of MAYBE a leak the S650 GT. The rest is my earnest attempt at imagining a hood worthy of resting on a Mustang GT. That said, I like it, but it is unlikely to be anywhere close to the real thing.

S650 Mustang chazcron weighs in... 7th gen 2023 Mustang S650 3D model & renderings in several colors! Hood_Conjecture_in_Red
Sponsored