• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car Wash Products

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
Out of curiosity, have you tried Adam's Graphene Ceramic Coating Kit? Thinking of picking it up.
Ive had it on my car for months now, still dry it with air only. Car is actually pretty dirty in this pic taken yesterday. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. I will be applying it to the S650 soon.
S650 Mustang Car Wash Products IMG_2578
Sponsored

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
Meguiars Gold class car wash is the actual gold standard. Not that crap someone else mentioned. All joking aside Meguiars, Griots, and Turtle Wax make solid products for a lower price. Adams is the only higher priced product line that I have used extensively and I am not sold on the more expensive products being worth it other than sealants and ceramic coatings.

If this is all new to you, don't let researching products hold you back from getting started!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
As a former user of Chemical Guys, I'd advise you to look elsewhere.

Chemical Guys has a new product of the week, every week, which appears to be the same as last week. There's a large amount of overlap amongst items. The line/s are confusing. It isn't always clear what the best use of a product is. Many of their wares simply don't work. Several of their products have no lasting impact. As many have pointed out, many lines once considered "bargain" level are actually superior to most CG items.

For routine maintenance washes, Gyeon's Bathe is excellent. One of the best.

https://gyeonusa.com/collections/wash-soaps/products/q2m-bathe

IF the car is coated in PPF, you can use Bathe as often as you like. If you'd like a mild decontamination soap for PPF, to be used once every few months, Gyeon makes a soap for that.

https://gyeonusa.com/collections/ppf-wash-maintain/products/q2m-ppf-wash

To measure soaps and the like, to ensure I'm using the correct amount, go to the kitchen items section in the store. There are often plastic cups of all types. Don't have to worry about breaking things on the driveway. Spray bottles often have their own measuring markers on the sides.

To seal PPF, I use Gyeon's PPF Maintain.

https://gyeonusa.com/collections/ppf-wash-maintain/products/q2m-ppf-maintain

Glass, Gyeon again, as needed. I often just use the damp microfiber towel left after wiping the car down.

https://gyeonusa.com/products/q2m-glass?_pos=2&_sid=317271dc6&_ss=r

Leather, Wolfgang's cleaner and conditioner.

https://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-leather-combo.html

Plastics and tires, Car Pro Perl.

https://www.autogeek.net/perl-coat-protectant.html

Stainless Exhaust tips, P21S Polishing Soap.

https://www.autogeek.net/p153.html

I use two buckets, one wash, one rinse, with the dirt separators in the bottom.

Off-the-shelf hose and nozzle, at house pressure. I do not use a pressure washer.

Microfiber, white: for glass, 6

Microfiber, light blue: for body polishing, 6

Microfiber, yellow: for leather, 6

Microfiber, dark blue mitt (1) and towels, 6, for wheels and tires, wash and dry

Microfiber, light blue mitt (1) for body wash

Microfiber, orange, towels (big), 2, for body drying

I use the towels as needed. I do not use all six towels at once :giggle:. I'll often use one on that day.

When all the towels of one color are dirty, I'll wash them. I wash one color each and do not mix.

If by chance a towel hits the pavement, it's trash. It will never touch the car again (yet to happen).

To wash the towels, I use the following:

https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-towel-wash.html

To clean the rim barrels, I use a Wollywormit.

https://woollywormit.com/

I currently purchase my products through www.Autogeek.net .

I don't spend all day, every day cleaning my car. Once every other week, it's wheels only, to get the brake dust off. Once every other week, it's a maintenance wash and wheel cleaning. Once a quarter, it's decon wash and sealer. The wash is a regular wash. The sealer wipes on and wipes off. For glass, I use a damp towel and a dedicated cleaner, when needed. For leather and plastic, as I think it needs it.

Do not wash a hot car (often leads to water spots).

For a car which has been PPF'd, do not wash when hot. PPF heals in the Sun, so do not wash when hot, do not wash at peak Sun. In the shade on a cool (I know, Summer :giggle:)or cloudy day. I often wash on Sunday mornings, when cool.

Products I'd advise to stay away from: the entire Chemical Guy line. Last year, I started with CG. I thought they were a general purpose line which would produce acceptable results. While OK, the CG line suffers from two problems:

1. Their line is confusing. They often have multiple products attempting to do the same thing, much of which is not clear on their web site.

2. Their products either do not work as intended or don't last. For example, their "Jet Seal" product is a paint sealer. While it does go on and come off as noted, and bead well, after two or three washes (using their soap) it's like gone. Other products like glass, are often horrible. No damage, just don't work well.

There are a wide range of products and methods available. If you are not familiar with the product, it's not clear if you selected the right item or how to use, pause and seek guidance. Most products will not damage a finish. Some can.

If the car is ceramic or PPF coated, has tint, discuss with the installer how best to maintain.

For reviews and guidance, check out the following:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/fo...vering-washing-waxing-detailing-repairing.78/

Look for any of the posts or threads by "DFB5.0"; he's a master.

*Edit: some additional thoughts...you'll have the initial outlay for product, towels, buckets, etc. Afterwards, you should settle down $-wise. If you find yourself applying product often, buying a lot of things all the time, study your methods and product. You might have a product which is good, but not right for your application. You might be applying that product incorrectly, or in the wrong conditions. Lot's of great products out there. Some not so good. Maybe start out slow (buckets, towels, mitts, soap) and build out from there. You'll be busy with the car and settling down with it.

And again, check out DFB5's threads and posts. He's done extensive product reviews you can trust, with photos to support.

Last edited:

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Just got GYEON leather ceramic in today and then waiting on SHINE SUPPLY wheel ceramic to come in and try that coupled with their clutch spray for maintenance on the wheels and calipers

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

marcekb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium, 2024 GT Premium ordered
Still looking for a good interior cleaner, wax/sealant and some microfiber towels if anyone has recommendations that are for sale on amazon.
I'm sure there are *many* microfiber towels that work to different degrees. This one is amazing. Drag it across the car (no need to press and wipe) and the car is dry.

CARPRO DHydrate Drying Towel: Car Wash Drying Towel for Spotless Shine, Microfiber Edge, Lint Free, Tag Free, Cleaning Cloth Towel, Car Washing, Drying & Auto Detailing - 28" x 40" (Pack of 1) https://a.co/d/a2FMy9P

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Seems like everyone who actually cares about cars agrees that chemical guys is just over rated marketing products.

I really like their Synthetic Quick Detailer, Silk Shine, and snow foam shampoo. The rest of the product line, and their towels are mediocre at best. For tires, I use the Maguaris endurance shine gel, that stuff is amazing!

Still looking for a good interior cleaner, wax/sealant and some microfiber towels if anyone has recommendations that are for sale on amazon.
For interior cleaning, my favorite is P&S Express. This is pH balanced and safe for use across all interior surfaces including leather, fabric and plastics. It leaves a matte, OEM finish.

P&S Detail Products - Xpress Interior Cleaner | The Rag Company

S650 Mustang Car Wash Products IMG-1289

Express can do some serious cleaning, but to maintain rather than deep clean, an interior detailer is well worth considering. These are also multi-surface compatible and are suitable for regular/weekly use. My favorites are P&S Swift and Carpro InnerQD, both offering some mild UV protection, Swift in particular.

P&S Detail Products - Swift Interior Clean & Shine | Rag Company ā€“ The Rag Company
CARPRO InnerQD Interior Quick Detailer 500ml (17oz) (carpro-us.com)

S650 Mustang Car Wash Products IMG-E8374

S650 Mustang Car Wash Products IMG-0800

For interior cleaning, I prefer the TRC Car Wash Towel (dark green above) and the softer Creature (bright green above) for gloss surfaces.

Car Wash Microfiber Towel | The Rag Company
Microfiber Sport and Workout Towel | The Rag Company
Creature Edgeless Microfiber Detailing Towel | The Rag Company

For drying towels, the TRC Gauntlet is easily one of the best towels available. Depending on how you dry your car, the medium 15x24 or 20x30 versions are ideal.

The Gauntlet Microfiber Drying Towel | The Rag Company

S650 Mustang Car Wash Products IMG-0658

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
The only two chemical guys products I use is their honeydew snow foam and invisible all purpose cleaner. Iā€™m trying the snow foam in my foam cannon as Iā€™m currently ditching the two bucket wash method and going to one rinse bucket and foaming twice. The cleaner I like because itā€™s one that leaves no soap residue when I finish wiping it off. It works pretty good on everything. Thereā€™s a newer company on the market called DIY Detail and Iā€™m trying a few of their products currently and Iā€™ve been impressed with the results and the price

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
Anyone have a comparison between Adams Premium Foam Cannon and MTM PF 22.2? I have a 1700 psi power washer, so I would use the 1.1mm orifice regardless.

Right now I have some no name brand and even with the 1.1mm upgrade it doesn't give me thick shaving cream foam from the few soaps I've tried. I also plan to switch to Adams Mega Foam soap and finish it with a quick foam and rinse of Griots Ceramic Wash.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Anyone have a comparison between Adams Premium Foam Cannon and MTM PF 22.2? I have a 1700 psi power washer, so I would use the 1.1mm orifice regardless.

Right now I have some no name brand and even with the 1.1mm upgrade it doesn't give me thick shaving cream foam from the few soaps I've tried. I also plan to switch to Adams Mega Foam soap and finish it with a quick foam and rinse of Griots Ceramic Wash.
I have two PF22.2's, it's a brilliant performer tainted by the narrow bottle opening. In which case, I would favor the Adams..............................or the Griot's BOSS Foam Cannon, which is arguably the best on the market.

THE BOSSā„¢ Foam Cannon | Ultimate Foam Delivery - Griot's Garage (griotsgarage.com)
Griot's Garage The Boss Foam Cannon | Obsessed Garage

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Does anyone have a good scratch-free microfiber handled brush mop you have used?

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s

I use a $20 Amazon special (probably made in China) Foam canon, and it works great. I really like the Chemical Guys "Mr. Pink" wash. It almost turns to a gel once applied and cleans really well. I use the Griots 3-1 ceramic spray about every 3-4 months.

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
Does anyone have a good scratch-free microfiber handled brush mop you have used?
Just about any decent one will do and as long as you donā€™t put a lot of pressure on the wash pad. Good soap is a must and pre rinse the heavy dirt off first. Most scratches occur when drying not washing.
Sponsored

Last edited: