• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car Wash Products

SciaticNervePain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Hey guys, just wondering what products you guys recommend so I can wash my car with? There is a local “Detail Garage” store that sells Chemical Guys products that I was Thinking of going to. What are your thoughts? Thanks.
Sponsored

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
Chemical guys is overpriced garbage IMO. For regular washes the gold standard is Optimum No Rinse. If a deeper clean is needed, CarPro Reset is probably the best. For basic protection, Griot's Garage 3 in 1 ceramic spray is amazing. Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions ceramic is probably a close 2nd place. If you avoid automatic car washes, either of these coatings should last 6-12 months. Good luck, this is a major rabbit hole!

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
May as well ask what's the best religion. :cwl:

Seriously, I've used Meguiars for a long time but am in the process of switching to Chemical Guys as my product runs out. I feel like they're pretty close in quality but reviews I've seen say Chemical Guys is a little better.

I am legit curious what others have to say though.

Last edited:

Mljh85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Chem guys is overrated. Everything is extreme this ultimate fantastic that.

Shine supply, their carpet cleaner removed YEARS of things off a car seat that had legit spilled stains and soiled several times. I used a drill with brush attached and that tornado tool. When I had Instagram I followed some detailer in Cali I think that used this company's products and his work was fantastic.

Adam's garage, meguiars, griots. Various products from each of them for me.

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
I’ve used Maguires, Chemical Guys, Griots, Mothers and Turtle Wax. I’ve honestly found Turtle wax products to work really good. I’m about to buy some Water less Wash stuff that has good reviews on Amazon. Then I will be clay baring using some Meguiars quick detailer, then some chemical guys glaze then some turtle wax ceramic stuff. Honestly I don’t care what’s better. I always wax after 2-3 washes and clay bar 2 times a year. And haven’t had any issues. I buy what’s on sale or a good deal. I will say i love Griots speed shine though and chemical guys honeydew wash. But I’m in an apartment complex right now so waterless wash it is. Oh and i buy all my microfibers from theragcompany!

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Chem guys is overrated. Everything is extreme this ultimate fantastic that.

Shine supply, their carpet cleaner removed YEARS of things off a car seat that had legit spilled stains and soiled several times. I used a drill with brush attached and that tornado tool. When I had Instagram I followed some detailer in Cali I think that used this company's products and his work was fantastic.

Adam's garage, meguiars, griots. Various products from each of them for me.
Plus one to Shine Supply. They're local to me and what my detailer uses. So far the waterless wash, soap, ceramic polish/boost, and glass cleaner have been great.

The glass cleaner especially has been the best I've used. Ammonia free too so it's safe on tint.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Boss 302
I have been using Adam's products for a few years and have been really happy with there products.

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
I have been using Adam's products for a few years and have been really happy with there products.
Out of curiosity, have you tried Adam's Graphene Ceramic Coating Kit? Thinking of picking it up.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
What’s the consensus on using stuff like Sunwash Bike Soap, as in detailing products for bikes and custom choppers. I’d anticipate they being pretty particular and partial toward paint preservation and treatment. Just wondering.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
What’s the consensus on using stuff like Sunwash Bike Soap, as in detailing products for bikes and custom choppers. I’d anticipate they being pretty particular and partial toward paint preservation and treatment. Just wondering.
I would stick to car products.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Seems like everyone who actually cares about cars agrees that chemical guys is just over rated marketing products.

I really like their Synthetic Quick Detailer, Silk Shine, and snow foam shampoo. The rest of the product line, and their towels are mediocre at best. For tires, I use the Maguaris endurance shine gel, that stuff is amazing!

Still looking for a good interior cleaner, wax/sealant and some microfiber towels if anyone has recommendations that are for sale on amazon.

DCBuckeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Seems like everyone who actually cares about cars agrees that chemical guys is just over rated marketing products.
Lol. I can't help but feel called out by that as the only guy in this thread who has expressed interest in their stuff :crackup:, but been fun to see what other folks are using and always happy to reconsider. :thumbsup: Personally I lean towards stuff I get off Amazon and I don't see Shine Supply on there, but will take a look at the other products. Anyway, don't want to derail the OP's thread, but count me among those finding this interesting and helpful. :rockon:

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT 6spd
Chemical guys has marketed well that’s for sure. Their products aren’t bad IMO but I’d definitely shop around if you can cause they can be expensive at times. I’ve used them as i said before and haven’t had issues but I try and buy on sale only.

Last edited:

Steadyvw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang ecoboost
Out of curiosity, have you tried Adam's Graphene Ceramic Coating Kit? Thinking of picking it up.
I used Adam's graphene ceramic coating kit this past weekend. Super impressed. Very easy to apply.
I swear by Adam's products. They smell good and they actually work.
Sponsored