• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car value shock!!

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
Yeah, the car is still too new, so they have nothing to compare it with right now. Also, when you drive off, you drop in value right away. I'm glad only paid 42k for my GT Base, my MSRP was 47k. Nice discount to start, which is key. After this year has gone, you will start to see the value of the 24 Mustang...they have to be on the road for a bit. I've never owned a Mustang, and this is my first one. But what I've learned before even buying, is they do not hold value unless it's a Shelby, GT350, etc. Those hold up pretty well.

When I bought my 2023 C8 Corvette, I paid 68k cash. It held great value, because I turned around 6 months later and sold it for 70k.
Everything held their value because of Covid. There was a point where a used C8 would fetch 100k

meanwhile...

Sponsored

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
In 2026 there will a Cobra, GT350, GT500, Mach 1, or Shelby version that will be much more of a measurable step up from the GT than the Dark Horse. That is certainly not going to help Dark Horse values.
I am waiting for the Boss 5.8 myself with the upgraded interior that has some real knobs instead of paw 🐾 prints on the touchscreen 🤣👍

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Everything held their value because of Covid. There was a point where a used C8 would fetch 100k

meanwhile...

I didn't have my C8 back then, but I remember those times. And that video is not about the actual value, it's about market appreciation.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I am waiting for the Boss 5.8 myself with the upgraded interior that has some real knobs instead of paw 🐾 prints on the touchscreen 🤣👍
You'll be waiting forever ...

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
We all love our Mustangs, but the harsh reality is a Mustang GT or lower trim has never had good resale value… period.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
There are many experts here. If anyone can top purchasing 68 new cars, please jump in. I have lost more money than I can count trading or selling with in a year or two. If someone can find a GT, white or silver, manual, PP, Act. Exh, for $4k or more off, please tell me where. I'm OK with flying or driving a rental to get it. The best I can do is $3k plus military.
I waited 3 months for an ordered car but it came 2 days ago damaged. On the hunt again. Thanks for an help.
I got an ordered car for $3k off, basically invoice. I have found a few cars locally that have been in stock for almost 3 mos. They are offering $4k off but it's also a car that stickers at $62k.

Rocket Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2024 GT (soon)
There are lots of cars 6k+ off in the DMV area but no manuals in white or silver with PP. Most are automatics. I found a beautiful race red with all options, PP, NP, AVE and magneride with Recaros for almost 7k off, but the MSRP was 62k+. If if wasn't manual I would have bought it.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got an ordered car for $3k off, basically invoice. I have found a few cars locally that have been in stock for almost 3 mos. They are offering $4k off but it's also a car that stickers at $62k.
Not sure why or how you attributed the message you quoted to me ... I did not post that.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
Not sure why or how you attributed the message you quoted to me ... I did not post that.
That's what happens when you respond on your phone. My apologies, I meant not to respond to anyone. It was meant to be a stand alone.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
You'll be waiting forever ...
If I wait for the Boss 5.8 forever maybe Ford can bring a new Boss 351 based on the 5.0…All it takes is a new block allowing for some bigger bore 🤣👍Time will tell…

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Out of curiosity I shipped my car around at CarMax, Dodge dealer and Chevrolet dealer. Pretty much $42k to $44k. I’m shocked this car has lost this much value
Honestly, I am surprised it has not lost more.

It's a Mustang, which is a car some owners love to thrash and then replace either with the same car the next model year, or because they did something to the car. Either way, it's not a special edition like the DH, just a regular GT.

Cars, especially used cars, were highly over-valued during the pandemic. I saw the same things with boats. During the pandemic, I had offers on my 12 year old boat for the same price I purchased it. The reason being is that there was not enough new stuff to satisfy the increased demand as it was one of the things you could actually do. (Illinois trying to ban family boating not-withstanding). Plus the fact that new boats were in shorter supply.

Prices are returning to a more reasonable level today and chip issues have mostly been sorted out. Cars that would sell for MSRP or have a dealer markup are now selling for below MSRP. So, as to your car...why would a dealer pay a price point that would force them to sell a used car for what a new car can be bought for?

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Boss 302
Karguy said:
The moment you drive the car off the lot it dropped 25% in value unless you buy a few exotics or a 911 GT3 or S/T....That the new car smell tax...LOL

Completely false.
That statement is truer than you think. When there is glut of new vehicles for sale, the dealer will sell new ones for 5-10% below msrp.

The used one have to be at least 12-15% lower than the sale price for people to even consider.
Who wants to buy used for for 50k when they can get new for 55k with full factory warranty.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That statement is truer than you think.
No, it's not.

My experience buying and selling 17 new cards or trucks in just the past ~18 years speaks for itself.

I'm not going to repeat myself.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)