• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Car Covers

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
Still waiting to take delivery, but a website I've bought 3 covers from is having a sale Labor Day weekend on car covers. I've purchased the Gold Shield 5L cover and I've been happy with it (except for pollen - pollen always penetrates the cover - maybe the cover breathes?). If you ever replace the bungee cords, make sure the hooks are rubberized or you risk scratching paint in high wind. Rope tied tightly fixed this problem the last winter I used one.

Anyway I don't work there and don't make a commission, but check them out if you're interested. Use code USA20 for another 20% off their lowest sale price this weekend. If you're not ready, they run similar sales maybe 2-3 times a year.

Convertible Cover

Coupe cover
Sponsored

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
Still waiting to take delivery, but a website I've bought 3 covers from is having a sale Labor Day weekend on car covers. I've purchased the Gold Shield 5L cover and I've been happy with it (except for pollen - pollen always penetrates the cover - maybe the cover breathes?). If you ever replace the bungee cords, make sure the hooks are rubberized or you risk scratching paint in high wind. Rope tied tightly fixed this problem the last winter I used one.

Anyway I don't work there and don't make a commission, but check them out if you're interested. Use code USA20 for another 20% off their lowest sale price this weekend. If you're not ready, they run similar sales maybe 2-3 times a year.

Convertible Cover

Coupe cover
I been looking at covers and nice to hear a recommendation from this forum. Looks impressive and sized for 24 convertible w antenna.
Perfect đź‘Ś I'm sold!
Thanks for posting.

OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I been looking at covers and nice to hear a recommendation from this forum. Looks impressive and sized for 24 convertible w antenna.
Perfect đź‘Ś I'm sold!
Thanks for posting.
Anytime. Just got this text from my salesman:

S650 Mustang Car Covers 1693583985262

I'm out the door!!

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT Premium 5M, Black on Black.

Convertible Cover

Coupe cover
Awesome find! Much cheaper than the $600 optional outdoor one, and the $589 Ford Accessories one.

Got mine ordered:
S650 Mustang Car Covers SmartSelect_20230901_120639_Chrome Beta

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy crap! I have never seen a company process an order to shipment so fast!! Ordered at 12:11, shipped at 12:39!!
S650 Mustang Car Covers 1000025270

Last edited:

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
I'm looking at a Sealskin cover. Anyone have experience with these? They are having a sale this weekend.

DaddyTigggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang EcoBoost Conv.
Perfect đź‘Ś I'm sold!
Thanks for posting.
FYI, there is no difference between the coupe and convertible covers. It is the same cover, just listed with both names for customer experience. I confirmed with their support after thinking I ordered the wrong one.

Awaiting delivery of my car next week, so haven't used it yet, but unwrapped it and have it ready. Looks good, thick, and has a soft interior. Also note, they give you a patch so you can make a hole for the antenna, but since I won't be using the AM/FM radio and removing antenna so haven't cut the hole.

OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the antenna is anything like the S197 it unscrews easily without tools. I used to keep it in the trunk and never bothered with the antenna patch. Hope to swap out the large antenna with the lil' stubby aftermarket antenna.

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

BlackFerret69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the antenna is anything like the S197 it unscrews easily without tools. I used to keep it in the trunk and never bothered with the antenna patch. Hope to swap out the large antenna with the lil' stubby aftermarket antenna.
I always keep mine hand tight after twice discovering the threads broken off right at the shank, leaving the entire threaded section in the base.

It is a real pain to get that threaded piece out of the base.

It is worth the risk of getting it stolen, also happened twice. But I have picked up several spares at the local pick-a-part for pennies. I always keep a spare handy.

OP
OP
Decio

Decio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations! Exciting news I got a call from my dealer today, he expects delivery this weekend!
Thanks! Went straight to the dealer and despite no add ons, haggling or financing still couldn't take delivery. Paperwork errors and other BS. We'll both be driving very soon I'm sure!

missenow2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red Mustang GT premium convertible

Convertible Cover

Coupe cover
I just ordered mine!! Thanks so much! My build date is September 18. I ordered a rapid red convertible GT Prem 401A. I have the same specs in the 2017 but it’s Ruby red. I love my Ruby red. I don’t know whether to sell it outright and then take the cash in for a down payment or do a trade in. ???
Sponsored