• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Can you believe my crappy luck?!?! (but damn good dealership!)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
So, yesterday (May 10) I am looking through Ford's Inventory... I already had a Yellow Ecoboost Premium w/Perf Package, Magnaride and Active Exhaust buildout submitted, but haven't heard anything about any sort of date and was getting antsy... Hmmm, there's the EXACT car (except in the Metalic Silver) at Tom's Ford in Keyport, NJ, about 75 miles north from me (I'm near Philly). I call, they have it. Said it was a special order that the person decided not to purchase. Okay, let's do this!!!

I drive up, do the deal, get out of the dealership around 4:30pm, and drive home. It's a cold crappy rainy day, and the car only has 36 miles on it, so I'm taking it very easy, trying to vary the speed to break it in nicely... Not romping on it at all. Get home no problem.

Fast forward to this morning. I get up, collect up a few things that I needed to bring back up to the dealership from the old car (extra keys, etc). It's a MUCH nicer day today so I'm looking forward to the drive. Get in the car, fire it up. TPS warning! Left rear tire at 20psi ?!?! WTf?!?!? ARGH!!!! I hit a gas station, fill it. Don't even make it 20 miles and it's starting to lose air (at this point I'm watching the TPS screen like a hawk). Had to stop at 2 more rest stops along the way to refill. Limp into the dealership. Walk into my salesman's cubical and hand him the old Explorer's keys and he says "So do you love it?!?!"... " Yes, EXCEPT... I have a tire with a leak!" "Pull it into the service lane!"

Took them about an hour to get to it, but sure enough they find a screw in the sidewall of the tire. A tire with < 150 miles on it! I'm crushed. They start searching around. They finally find a matching tire at a place in Newark, NJ (about 45 miles away). They send somebody over to get it. In the mean time the salesman offers to take me somewhere to get some lunch since it's now like 1:00 and he knows I'm going to be here a while. He even BOUGHT even though I tried to protest. They're even having one of their service guys stay late to make sure it gets mounted and I can get out of here ok.

Have to say, these people at Tom's Ford in Keyport have been FANTASTIC to work with. If they were closer I'd be coming here for everything.

But yeah, I swear I have the worst luck with new cars:

1995 Mazda 626 - got a flat fire literally 2 weeks into ownership while on a road trip to Destin, FL in the middle of nowhere Alabama at midnight.

1997 Ford Probe GT - < 1 month into ownership I was doing a Habitat for Humanity house build, and a contractor who was donating help went to move his work truck and totally crushed in the driver side door.

2004 Scion XA - hadn't even had it a month and had a rock fall out of the back of a dump truck, bounce up and crack my windshield.

2011 Explorer Limited - this one actually didn't have any issues

2024 Mustang - this tire issue...
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Yep, got a big old metal shank in one of my new tires at like 500 miles a week ago. 'Tis the season I suppose!

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
260 miles and I get a warning on my phone while watching TV. Sure enough a skrew in the meaty part of the tread. Took the tire to Discount Tire they unmounted the tire from the rim fixed it and rebalanced all for no charge.

Last edited:

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
@DontHitMeSafetyYellow ---it is with great disappointment I must inform you I will not be able to ride along with you as your navigator/co pilot on your upcoming attempt to set the US record for transcontinental nitroglycerine transport; due to your unrelenting spate of "Automotive Bad Juju". :crackup:

PS: Congratulations! Great looking Mustang, and many trouble free miles and smiles! :sunglasses:

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
@DontHitMeSafetyYellow ---it is with great disappointment I must inform you I will not be able to ride along with you as your navigator/co pilot on your upcoming attempt to set the US record for transcontinental nitroglycerine transport; due to your unrelenting spate of "Automotive Bad Juju". :crackup:

PS: Congratulations! Great looking Mustang, and many trouble free miles and smiles! :sunglasses:
HAHAH! Thanks! It is going to take a little getting used to as I've always had FWD cars up until now. iRacing just doesn't cut it for giving you the difference in feel.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Bought a 2016 Z06 and 2016 Cadillac ATS4 within an hour of one another from dealerships a few hundred yards apart. Wife was in the ATS4 following me home in the Z06. About 15 miles. Before we got all the way home, the Z06 threw a rock up and cracked the windshield of the ATS4. 😕

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium
So, yesterday (May 10) I am looking through Ford's Inventory... I already had a Yellow Ecoboost Premium w/Perf Package, Magnaride and Active Exhaust buildout submitted, but haven't heard anything about any sort of date and was getting antsy... Hmmm, there's the EXACT car (except in the Metalic Silver) at Tom's Ford in Keyport, NJ, about 75 miles north from me (I'm near Philly). I call, they have it. Said it was a special order that the person decided not to purchase. Okay, let's do this!!!

I drive up, do the deal, get out of the dealership around 4:30pm, and drive home. It's a cold crappy rainy day, and the car only has 36 miles on it, so I'm taking it very easy, trying to vary the speed to break it in nicely... Not romping on it at all. Get home no problem.

Fast forward to this morning. I get up, collect up a few things that I needed to bring back up to the dealership from the old car (extra keys, etc). It's a MUCH nicer day today so I'm looking forward to the drive. Get in the car, fire it up. TPS warning! Left rear tire at 20psi ?!?! WTf?!?!? ARGH!!!! I hit a gas station, fill it. Don't even make it 20 miles and it's starting to lose air (at this point I'm watching the TPS screen like a hawk). Had to stop at 2 more rest stops along the way to refill. Limp into the dealership. Walk into my salesman's cubical and hand him the old Explorer's keys and he says "So do you love it?!?!"... " Yes, EXCEPT... I have a tire with a leak!" "Pull it into the service lane!"

Took them about an hour to get to it, but sure enough they find a screw in the sidewall of the tire. A tire with < 150 miles on it! I'm crushed. They start searching around. They finally find a matching tire at a place in Newark, NJ (about 45 miles away). They send somebody over to get it. In the mean time the salesman offers to take me somewhere to get some lunch since it's now like 1:00 and he knows I'm going to be here a while. He even BOUGHT even though I tried to protest. They're even having one of their service guys stay late to make sure it gets mounted and I can get out of here ok.

Have to say, these people at Tom's Ford in Keyport have been FANTASTIC to work with. If they were closer I'd be coming here for everything.

But yeah, I swear I have the worst luck with new cars:

1995 Mazda 626 - got a flat fire literally 2 weeks into ownership while on a road trip to Destin, FL in the middle of nowhere Alabama at midnight.

1997 Ford Probe GT - < 1 month into ownership I was doing a Habitat for Humanity house build, and a contractor who was donating help went to move his work truck and totally crushed in the driver side door.

2004 Scion XA - hadn't even had it a month and had a rock fall out of the back of a dump truck, bounce up and crack my windshield.

2011 Explorer Limited - this one actually didn't have any issues

2024 Mustang - this tire issue...
Yup, I'm a road hardware magnet. Third time driving it, backed out of the garage to go to work, and the passenger rear tire is a 8psi. Huge screw near the sidewall. Used the inflation kit and had it fixed for free at Discount Tires (and bought a tire insurance policy from them). New inflation kit cost me $62.11 at the dealer, ugh! At least I didn't have to buy a new tire!

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
Friday I drove from the Pennsylvania border to S.Carolina ( 550 miles) and no tire issues. I had to rent a car to get up there and it had a tire at 68 psi. Crazy. It rained most of the way so that would have been a real pain.
Congrat and great color.

S650 Mustang Can you believe my crappy luck?!?! (but damn good dealership!) 33010831251-1

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium 401a, Auto, AE, Atlas Blue
I crashed a brand new 2000 Dodge Caravan on the way home from the dealer after picking it up. Some bozo cut me off. Minor damage, no insurance hit. Since then, my wife has driven all of our new cars home from the dealer!

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also picked up what amounted to about half a box end wrench in a tire on a brand new 2012 Mustang GT with about 500 miles on it.

Paul's stable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse 2006 GT with Temec 6 speed 4.11
I crashed a brand new 2000 Dodge Caravan on the way home from the dealer after picking it up. Some bozo cut me off. Minor damage, no insurance hit. Since then, my wife has driven all of our new cars home from the dealer!
In 1978 I was a young kid out driving and crashed into a brand new Cougar that the family was driving home from the dealership. I felt so bad for them.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In 1978 I was a young kid out driving and crashed into a brand new Cougar that the family was driving home from the dealership. I felt so bad for them.
When I was 17 and had just moved back to Michigan (after ~8 years in Texas), I rear ended an old lady in a brand-new Mercury Marquis. It was my first time driving in snow.
Sponsored