• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

broken screen

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I hope he posts the price for that replacement. I’m curious as to what the charge is
according to SLTS, the action of replacing the screen is 0.2 hours. the screen itself is an unknown cost, but likely over $600. the entirety of the procedure to replace the screen is the following:

1. remove the panel behind the instrument panel and infotainment screen
2. undo 3 bolts
3. unplug 2 connectors
4. plug in 2 connectors to the new screen
5. tighten 3 bolts
6. re-place removed panel
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stealth19

Stealth19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT
there is an SSM for exactly this. tell your dealer about SSM 52449

"Some 2024 Mustang vehicles equipped with a mid-series instrument panel cluster display screen (minor feature code HCAAT) may exhibit a crack on the lower left-hand corner of the IPC display screen. To confirm a vehicle is built with a certain minor feature code, review the build information by double-clicking the vehicle identification number (VIN) in the upper left corner in the Professional Technician System (PTS) website. This crack will be internal and cannot be felt. If the crack cannot be felt, this is a warrantable condition and the IPC display screen must be replaced. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 413-01. For claiming, use causal part 10D885 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual."
Thank you so much for the help!! I know this will help a lot when taking it in as they all seem a little ignorant to the situation.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
there is an SSM for exactly this. tell your dealer about SSM 52449

"Some 2024 Mustang vehicles equipped with a mid-series instrument panel cluster display screen (minor feature code HCAAT) may exhibit a crack on the lower left-hand corner of the IPC display screen. To confirm a vehicle is built with a certain minor feature code, review the build information by double-clicking the vehicle identification number (VIN) in the upper left corner in the Professional Technician System (PTS) website. This crack will be internal and cannot be felt. If the crack cannot be felt, this is a warrantable condition and the IPC display screen must be replaced. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 413-01. For claiming, use causal part 10D885 and applicable labor operations in Section 10 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual."
Good find and excellent news for the OP.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
according to SLTS, the action of replacing the screen is 0.2 hours. the screen itself is an unknown cost, but likely over $600. the entirety of the procedure to replace the screen is the following:

1. remove the panel behind the instrument panel and infotainment screen
2. undo 3 bolts
3. unplug 2 connectors
4. plug in 2 connectors to the new screen
5. tighten 3 bolts
6. re-place removed panel
Wow, I thought it would be much longer and way more expensive. The guy at the dealer told us the f250 screen replacement was over $2,000 if I remember right

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
If it's covered under warranty, they will not itemize what it WOULD have costed had he paid for it out of pocket.
I didn’t know Ford did that. Nissan showed the price on the printout and then had $0 with warranty next to it.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Wow, I thought it would be much longer and way more expensive. The guy at the dealer told us the f250 screen replacement was over $2,000 if I remember right
F-250 is much, much more involved to replace the screen.

I didn’t know Ford did that. Nissan showed the price on the printout and then had $0 with warranty next to it.
just ask your service advisor and they will be able to tell you how much Ford is going to be paying for the work
Sponsored