• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Blue Smoke on start up....

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
this morning:
Ugh. Does the shop have an estimated time for being able to diagnose?
I gotta drop it off tomorrow morning and they will start it up at various times throughout the day. Also gonna put a probe in the exhaust when they start it up that can read if it’s coolant /oil in exhaust. I’m getting a loaner so they can take whatever time is needed to get it right

FredBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Corvette
I had a car that would pull some oil in from the PCV and do the same.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
So question for you guys that may have been in this situation previously…… Ford wants the motor in my car crated and returned to the engine shop and to give me a new replacement. How does this affect my cars value?

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
It would only affect it if you were going to keep it for an extremely long time so it became collectable and matching serial numbers were important. In a normal car trade, nobody is worried about matching serial numbers.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I have no experience in determining value. In broad terms, I'd say it's a non-issue. Same engine, possibly better (speculating maybe getting a v2Gen4 versus v1). Warranty remains same and continues to cover the engine/car just like before. Ford is making the swap. You've documented things well.

It interests me Ford wants to teardown and inspect. That's not unusual. Your engine is one of the first they'll be able to disassemble and study several things. No doubt they'll be keying in on the valve train.

I am happy to see they readily agreed to a replacement. Reads like it was a no-hassle claim and acceptance.

Last edited:
OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I have no experience in determining value. In broad terms, I'd say it's a non-issue. Same engine, possibly better (speculating maybe getting a v2Gen4 versus v1). Warranty remains same and continues to cover the engine/car just like before. Ford is making the swap. You've documented things well.

It interests me Ford wants to teardown and inspect. That's not unusual. Your engine is one of the first they'll be able to disassemble and study several things. No doubt they'll be keying in on the valve train.

I am happy to see they readily agreed to a replacement. Reads like it was a no-hassle claim and acceptance.
The dealer is actually trying to find me a replacement car. I'm looking at 10 to 14 days to get an open bay to pull the motor and then the time it takes to get a motor which was stated to be a month minimum. I was asked what options I had to have...... as close to what I have now as possible is what I told them.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
The dealer is actually trying to find me a replacement car. I'm looking at 10 to 14 days to get an open bay to pull the motor and then the time it takes to get a motor which was stated to be a month minimum. I was asked what options I had to have...... as close to what I have now as possible is what I told them.
You are very lucky in that it seems you have a great dealer willing to work with you.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
You are very lucky in that it seems you have a great dealer willing to work with you.
we have been doing business together since 2004. When I walk in there most of the salesman, mainstay salesman, the main finance lady and managers know me. The owner knows me.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
They brought the car in this morning for a more thorough investigation and it was determined the car would get a new complete long block. I told my service advisor not to take this personally, but I don't want a brand new car that has to have the motor replaced in it. I don't want the squeaks, rattles or possible electrical gremlins form a pinched or scraped wire or any other multitude of issues. This isn't an engine being replaced at 100k miles....it's 525 current miles.

Tomorrow is a conversation with the General Manager, the minority owner and my salesman.

More to follow.....

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '00 Corvette
Tomorrow is a conversation with the General Manager, the minority owner and my salesman.

More to follow.....
Wishing you the best. I hope they are able to resolve this with a new car that meets your specifications. Keep us posted.

OP
OP
wilkinda65

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Wishing you the best. I hope they are able to resolve this with a new car that meets your specifications. Keep us posted.
will do
Sponsored