• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Black Accent vs Standard Headlights

Which headlight style do you prefer?

• Total voters

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 23 Bronco Sp, 12 Boss, 66 V8 Coupe
i always like the black accent package no matter what car...i got it on my wife's escape. just looks better IMO. but i did not get that on my 15 since i wanted the PP1 and 50th anniv upgrades too....
the boss was black/orange from the start so no changing that.

we are currently waiting on our bronco sport to be built to replace the escape, ill keep the Edge as long as i can, but getting another mustang will be hard due to kids and keeping the "dailys" up and running, and current for the safety of the kids...
Sponsored

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Y'all are doing just fine.
I'm sorry you don't like how the forum is moderated. Please remember I'm not paid to do this, I do it because I love Mustangs and love talking about them.

I'm sure @Jarstang will clarify, but we'll take the same approach we did in the early days of Mustang6g. Once cars start to get into the hands of owners, there will be a stronger approach in ensuring "model bashing" is managed.

Trust me, I don't like the negative opinions either, as I'm a fan of S650. Sometimes it's best to just ignore a negative opinion and move on. If you choose to argue the point, well, some of those negative posters will enjoy that.

In the meantime feel free to report anything you think crosses the line. That way all the moderators get an email linking to the reported thread/comment and can take action if its deemed necessary.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I like the look of the bright bezels around the single headlights. But the dark one looks way better once the DRL is on. So I would go for the dark ones

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Yea I think you're right. I can see myself liking the silver look more at first and then wishing I had the blacked out lights later. I'm also thinking that package comes with a blacked out roof and possibly spoiler

Does anyone know if the headlights are sequential? I don't think I've seen them in action yet
They are sequential, there was a vid a while back of the dh being shown to the plant workers. In there it showed the sequential turn signals and start up animation.

Jarstang

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Cleaned up the thread and took out some trash. I've left Twin Turbo's comment to reiterate his point. There's a fine line between voicing negative opinions and coming here to troll/trash the S650. It's not always an easy call -- and as TT said, it will change with time as we near the S650 sales launch. You can help by reporting posts you think cross that line and the moderators will make a judgment call.

Now back on topic...

OP
OP
93-Oct Mayne

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I'm sure @Jarstang will clarify, but we'll take the same approach we did in the early days of Mustang6g. Once cars start to get into the hands of owners, there will be a stronger approach in ensuring "model bashing" is managed.
I'm looking forward to this part. I remember taking delivery of my 2015 mustang in December 2014 and I was on M6G all of the time (old username) and bashers were getting kicked, after a warning, and it made the forum a lot more fun and constructive (anti-ecoboost sentiments aside)

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I'm looking forward to this part. I remember taking delivery of my 2015 mustang in December 2014 and I was on M6G all of the time (old username) and bashers were getting kicked, after a warning, and it made the forum a lot more fun and constructive (anti-ecoboost sentiments aside)
Circle of life stuff. S550 guys are just big mad their cars are no longer in the spotlight, just like the S197 guys were.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
#iwasthere

Back when it was 50% S197 haters saying how big of a mistake it was, 25% ThePill’s conspiracies and “insider” info, and 25% core regulars, almost just like it is now. The good ol days. But like @because_murica said, it’s the circle of the online car enthusiast life.

When people buy a car and join a forum for said car, it’s kind of a given that they love most things about it. When the next model comes along and changes the things those people love, they’ll make a bunch of noise and become overnight experts on car design and consumer buying consultation.

The idea to cross post between M6G and M7G makes sense for site traffic but it brings in a bunch of hot garbage in the process.

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I like the black accent version. That being said as a black accent s550 owner I would be torn, I have been saying for a while that the black accent package should be broken up. I think if you want black badges that should be an option that way you’re not tied to the wheels and can get the black badges with PP package. Same goes for black roof and mirrors. Now the headlights should be a standalone as well. I don’t want to pay the price of the, which in my opinion, subpar black accent wheels just to get black badges

Last edited:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I really don't see the difference.
The black accent package headlamps seems to have a black painted housing with contrasting silver frames for the elements, whereas the standard form looks like a consistent satin gray interior housing and detail.
edit: lmao I got it backwards, the blackout package blacks out the silver frames which are otherwise standard. The inconsistency with the housing being black versus “satin gray” is just a difference in individual exposure and contrast between photos

Last edited:

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I read all the comments before commenting.

I don't SEE the difference. I only can read the difference.