• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I took my Mustang out today and put about 100 miles on it so I could give a review of the AWE SwitchPath after having the system installed Wednesday. Here are my thoughts.

The exhaust has a deep sound, as in very deep. It is hard to compare volume level because of how different the sound is, but I would say it is about equal to when I had the Steeda H pipe installed. Definitely louder than stock. I thought the stock exhaust had a deep tone, but it is tinny compared to the AWE. Iā€™m not sure I can emphasize how deep this exhaust sounds. On a cold start if youā€™re standing behind the car itā€™s as if you feel it as much as hear it. I love the deep tone!

Does it drone? Yes, but it is only really noticeable between about 1200-1500 RPM. If the engine is under load in these RPMs, then youā€™re going to have some drone. While cruising between about 35-45mph and going up an incline itā€™s very noticeable; on flat ground you can hear it, but itā€™s not that loud. Changing modes makes only a slight difference in drone, even between quiet and track. Cruising at 60-75 you can hardly hear the exhaust, even on an incline.

Itā€™s loud on acceleration, but seems about the same as stock exhaust with the Steeda H pipe resonator delete. If youā€™re looking for super loud and obnoxious, this is not your system. I love the way it sounds when just driving around. Iā€™ve always liked deep sounding exhaust, and that is definitely what this is. My wifeā€™s comment was ā€œIt doesnā€™t sound like a motorcycle anymore.ā€ šŸ˜‚ Sheā€™s talking about compared to how it was with the Steeda H pipe, but otherwise stock exhaust. I personally didnā€™t think the previous setup sounded like a motorcycle, but everyone has a different perspective.

Overall, Iā€™m loving this exhaust. It is just the type of system I want, which is not raspy, louder than stock, but not so loud as to be annoying. Also, the black tips look awesome! I would prefer less drone in the 1200-1500 rpm range, but itā€™s not that big of a deal, and Iā€™m ok with it if thatā€™s what it takes to have this deep sounding exhaust. I also liked the sound when I had the Steeda H pipe on my stock exhaust, but Iā€™m preferring the deep tone of the AWE setup, and this is what I plan to stick with.

Iā€™m posting a remote rev video since Iā€™m sure people want to hear, but I am warning you that it sounds nothing like the exhaust in real life. I guess the cell phone mic is unable to pick up the deep tone of the exhaust and as a result it sounds much quieter than my Steeda H pipe video. So, hereā€™s the video, but understand the video does not do a good job of capturing the true sound.
Sponsored

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Thanks for the review! Now Borla needs to come out with their system so I can figure out what to get.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Thanks for the review! Now Borla needs to come out with their system so I can figure out what to get.
Didn't Ford/Borla come out with a system? If I remember correctly, it's pretty expensive.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Didn't Ford/Borla come out with a system? If I remember correctly, it's pretty expensive.
Yeah Ford Performace by Borla but Borla always releases their own systems and usually they are a bit different.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
I would prefer less drone in the 1200-1500 rpm range,
Even the stock system drones at that range. It's Ford Engineering's way of smacking you across the face for driving in such a manner. 2000 RPM or more, everywhere, always. Tape your Tach so you can't see the needle below 2000 and you'll unlearn this horrendous habit.

If you want to drive between 12-1500, buy a damn diesel.

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
Thanks for the review krisk!

One thing to note about the system is that the recommended break in period is about 800-1000 miles over which the system will go through heat cycles and fully coat in carbon.

The RPM range where you think you are hearing drone there is certainly more volume present especially when accelerating, but drone frequencies are very distinct. Either way, you will likely hear less volume there as the system breaks in šŸ‘

OP
OP
krisk

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
Thanks for the review krisk!

One thing to note about the system is that the recommended break in period is about 800-1000 miles over which the system will go through heat cycles and fully coat in carbon.

The RPM range where you think you are hearing drone there is certainly more volume present especially when accelerating, but drone frequencies are very distinct. Either way, you will likely hear less volume there as the system breaks in šŸ‘
The more I drive it, the more Iā€™m loving this exhaust. Iā€™ve always liked the deep muscle car sound, and this is it. It sounds really good all around, but I canā€™t get over how good it sounds just sitting at a stoplight idling around 600-650 rpm. Iā€™m not sure if the drone is getting less noticeable with time, but what is there really doesnā€™t bother me. Iā€™m a definite fan of this exhaust, and I donā€™t see swapping it out for anything else. I went into this install saying if I didnā€™t like it Iā€™d just go back to my stock system with Steeda H pipe. The stock exhaust and Steeda H pipe have been relegated to the shop, and the AWE SwitchPath is staying on the car!

Meraki Autoworks

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.merakiautoworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP
Nice write up Krisk! Like mentioned, wait til it breaks in a little more and the drone should be a lot less noticeable.

For anyone interested we have these in stock!

-Josh
Sponsored