• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Cat Back Exhaust

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I’m sure all of us here can agree that one of the most common modifications done to the mustang is a cat back exhaust to let that V8 sing a little bit more. These don’t require a tune but I’m wondering if Ford has anything in place to stop these mods from being done?
I plan on ordering a Dark Horse to make it more of a daily driver / track car. Already having a 900+ whp mustang doesn’t leave me with any desire to mod the thing BUT I would love for it to be loud.
Sponsored

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
While we're on the topic, everyone is bitching that the F150's ECU is locked. But the Explorer ST is wide open 🧐🤔 so in my personal opinion, I don't think the S650 ECU will be locked. Not directly related to your question, but wanted that our there.

OP
OP
bhvnce

bhvnce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ford, stop a CB install? No, no shot. And even if yes, sawzall is your friend.
They better not!! Just curious if anyone here might know anything because the Alejandro Flores guy on YouTube who used to tune for Lund said they might have some carbon sensors past the cats that could read if anything had been changed. Not sure if he was just throwing that in the air as a “what if” but he usually knows what he’s talking about. I’m really hoping that isn’t true!

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
With the current generation its very popular to run a active exhaust with a H-pipe or X-pipe resonator delete. Opens up all of sound and is considered warranty friendly. Even ford themselves offers a x-pipe via ford performance parts. I run one on my 2022 and dealership even installed it.

Maybe ford performance parts will offer a exhaust that will be a authorized part. But It won`t surprise me if Ford added more sensors.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT
They better not!! Just curious if anyone here might know anything because the Alejandro Flores guy on YouTube who used to tune for Lund said they might have some carbon sensors past the cats that could read if anything had been changed. Not sure if he was just throwing that in the air as a “what if” but he usually knows what he’s talking about. I’m really hoping that isn’t true!
Not even higher end cars do this. I would be shocked if Ford spends money and time on that. But well see.

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R
I'm curious if the current X/H pipe will fit the DH. It's the same chassis so you'd think they're the same?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP, 2003 Cobra Yote Swapped, Braptor!
There won't be any issues running a catback on the S650 GT. No tune changes required either. I can tell you from personal experience that the Corsa Sport and Extreme kits sound INSANE on the new GT. Once I'm given permission to post videos and sound clips I'll be sure to post em up.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Do you know when the media embargo date lifts?
Sponsored