• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Average life expectancy (mileage) on Performance Pack Pirelli's

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What's the most miles some of you have been able to achieve on the stock Pirelli's? This is geared towards those who daily drive their vehicle and occasionally do some spirited driving (no burnouts, drag, drifting, etc.) Is 12,000-15,000 a safe assumption or is that being overly generous?
Sponsored

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Based on gut feeling, I think you are in the ballpark @12-15k miles.

Based on experience with the previous generation, many owners had to change their fronts around 5k because of the toe out in the alignment from the factory. Makes the car feel more planted, but it will wear the fronts fast.
These people (I heard from them directly at our Mustang club meets) bought new fronts and had the front aligned with zero toe.

My PP S650 is at zero toe up front and it drives fine. Since wheelbase, track width etc. is identical to S550, I think an alignment check might be a good idea to increase your chances of getting some longevity out of your front tires. My S650 did have toe out from the factory.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
What's the most miles some of you have been able to achieve on the stock Pirelli's? This is geared towards those who daily drive their vehicle and occasionally do some spirited driving (no burnouts, drag, drifting, etc.) Is 12,000-15,000 a safe assumption or is that being overly generous?
On the DH stock Pirelli's from what has been posted across the web, 8-10k would be a gift. Some have cords showing thru by 5k.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I know they are different tires, but the Pirelli's on my 2012 GT lasted around 11K miles before they cupped so bad they needed to be replaced. They actually started doing that around 8K miles. I was disappointed when I saw this brand was standard equipment on the Dark Horse. When I replace them, they will NOT be Pirelli's.

OP
OP
Eurasianman

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It's been a minute since I had a vehicle with low treadwear. The last vehicle that I had that had low treadwear ratings (Continentals), the tires barely made it to 15,000 miles before I personally labeled them as drag tires 😂 In addition, when I hit between 10,000-12,000 miles, the tires inspired minimal to zero confidence in wet road conditions. So, I guess it's safe to assume similar expectations from these Pirellis.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It's been a minute since I had a vehicle with low treadwear. The last vehicle that I had that had low treadwear ratings (Continentals), the tires barely made it to 15,000 miles before I personally labeled them as drag tires 😂 In addition, when I hit between 10,000-12,000 miles, the tires inspired minimal to zero confidence in wet road conditions. So, I guess it's safe to assume similar expectations from these Pirellis.
Can confirm. The stock Pierllis that came on my 2015 Mustang felt like driving on ice when the road was wet.

WayneK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Does anyone know for sure if the GT Performance pack has the alignment that causes increased tire wear and should be aligned for better street wear or is it just the Dark Horse.

monzaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
With a treadwear of 180 they say 7500 that's it for a daily driver

OP
OP
Eurasianman

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I thought the Pirelli PZeros treadwear was 220...
Sponsored