• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Performance Pack and Snow Tires

lionblood981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium VB, PP AV 6MT
Hi all, hoping for some info here as im not super savvy with vehicle related things. Currently have a GT PP ordered but i saw through some internet browsing that previous S550 owners had issues with putting snow tires on a GT PP. Can anyone provide some clarification in this? This could be a deal breaker as i am Canadian and will have to DD my car through winter for the first few years at least until i can get a winter beater. Ideally was hoping to get those basic rims and snow tires to avoid any possible damage to my rims when changing over.
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
I've put plenty of snow/winter tires on all kinds of Mustangs. No issues at all.

*With the Performance Pack you'll just want to make sure you get wheels that'll clear the brakes.

Last edited:

ItMeMatP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I can't imagine there being any issues. Rims are rims. The mustang isn't unique. You may pay a little more for winter tires that have a lower profile...but that's it.

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I am sure there will be confirmed fitments once these things are out. I have ran winter tires on a lot of vehicles and typically get a cheaper set of wheels that will clear the calipers. PP cars will likely require 19s which does increase the cost of winter tires a bit but you can go with a narrower wheel and tire to save a bit.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
The only issue I can think of on the s550, if you have the perf pack, you need wheeled large enough to clear the upgraded fron brakes. I assume there will be a similar fitment issue with the s650. This only matters if you run a dedicated winter wheel and tire set. If you just swap tires no real issues if you stick with factory sizes.

DailyDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Anyone know what the minimum size rim will fit over the PP Brembos?

The PP comes with 19" , will a 18" clear? I'm sure 17" is out of the question

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
Anyone know what the minimum size rim will fit over the PP Brembos?

The PP comes with 19" , will a 18" clear? I'm sure 17" is out of the question
I'd wait to have them properly measured and information published. There's a lot more than rim size to worry about: offset, clearance, etc.

Finface

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Hellcat Red Eye, 2002 WRX Wagon
I've put plenty of snow/winter tires on all kinds of Mustangs. No issues at all.

*With the Performance Pack you'll just want to make sure you get wheels that'll clear the brakes.
This is a great caution. On my Challenger with six caliper Brembo's front and 4 caliper Brembo's in back the standard length TPMS stem hit the front caliper when I bought custom wheels. It was a combination of how the custom wheels had the stems coming out and the wheel rim clearance. I had to buy shorter stem TPMS valves.

I would like to get the Performance Package, but that only comes with summer tires. 4-5 months of the year where I live summer tires are a recipe for disaster, as below 40F they start behaving like hockey pucks. And their sidewalls can start to crack. So a second set of rims with all season - or snow tires for Canada and elsewhere snow/ice stays on the ground - is something I would need to do too. Second set of stock rims should ensure clearance.

Best bet for custom rims? Put off buying new rims until someone here successfully figures it out! *grin*

Sofa King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost, Vapor Blue, HPP
I got the HPP and immediately replaced the summer only tires with all season tires on aftermarket wheels. I now have the original HPP wheels for use with snow tires as summer tires are not usable enough of the year around here. Though I currently don't plan on driving this one in crappy weather anytime soon. For HPP cars 19x9 HPP wheels may be as small as you can go.

Kraus143

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I've had 4 Mustangs since 2013. I live in Boston, so I deal with snow as well. The tires I've been using for winter are Hankook Icept EVO3. They are great in snow and ice. They also have a decent speed rating. I've driven through every blizzard we have had and have never gotten stuck. They are also priced well too. They come in the performance package sizes
Sponsored