• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Automatic COTUS Checker

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 F150 XLT
I ordered 8 days after you, with 4/12 EDD... here's hoping my status changes next week!
It changed *today* to “In Production”! Yay! EDD hasn’t changed though, but nice to be one step further in the process.
Sponsored

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds like your dealer didn't actually order the car until 1/8/18. You can print an order sheet before it's actually submitted to Ford. My salesman did that so I could double check everything before he submitted the order. The reason why it could take that long is your dealership may not have allocation. I ordered on 1/25/18 and my car is scheduled to be built next week.
Same here. I went to the dealership and ordered in person, and my rep brought me an order form to check over that his boss gave him to make sure everything was correct. My order date in COTUS is the same day I was at the dealership, January 26.

I hate to hear there’s such a long wait for you. Would you consider canceling and trying to find a matching vehicle somewhere in the Metroplex? I’m not sure I’d have the patience to wait forever.

How far into the process can you cancel anyway? Until a VIN is generated?

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
How far into the process can you cancel anyway? Until a VIN is generated?
Anytime prior to taking ownership of the car. If it arrives & you don't like it, you can cancel should get your deposit back.

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anytime prior to taking ownership of the car. If it arrives & you don't like it, you can cancel should get your deposit back.
I should have been clearer; I meant to stop the factory build from even taking place. "In Production" would appear to be too late. Not that I want to stop the build; I was just wondering if anyone know.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I should have been clearer; I meant to stop the factory build from even taking place. "In Production" would appear to be too late. Not that I want to stop the build; I was just wondering if anyone know.
I would assume if it's in production it's definitely too late. I would also think even after they give you a VIN would be too late. Not sure though.

GT6555

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP2, Lightning Blue
After 3 months of checking manually to get the same "vehicle could not be determined" message, I'm giving this program a try. Hopefully it brings some luck!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Weird. My order date is a few days after yours (and the actual date I ordered it) & due to be built next week. Which dealer did you go with?
I went to Five Star Ford in North Richland Hills. I've searched the inventory on the Ford website and there are no cars built the way I built mine in a 100 mile radius. I ordered mine White, Black Package, Active Exhaust, Shaker, Midnight Blue stitching, 401A, 3.55 axle diff & 10 speed auto. If I were to find one at a dealership I'd have to compromise on a few which is the whole point of ordering them, isnt it? I chatted with Ford performance and my car wont be built until 4/16. A whole month away, when I ordered technically in December or January according to COTUS. Makes no sense to reorder through someone else since its 8 weeks away now, but I wasted another 8 weeks. Beyond upset at this point.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
It changed *today* to “In Production”! Yay! EDD hasn’t changed though, but nice to be one step further in the process.
Mine went to production yesterday too (after ordering early December lol) oh well I’m still excited! Plant must be ramping up with us orders this week.

I’m sure it’s been answered before, but how long does the car usually stay in production status?

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Mine went to production yesterday too (after ordering early December lol) oh well I’m still excited! Plant must be ramping up with us orders this week.

I’m sure it’s been answered before, but how long does the car usually stay in production status?
It can stay in the production status 2-3 days or more.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
I went to Five Star Ford in North Richland Hills. I've searched the inventory on the Ford website and there are no cars built the way I built mine in a 100 mile radius. I ordered mine White, Black Package, Active Exhaust, Shaker, Midnight Blue stitching, 401A, 3.55 axle diff & 10 speed auto. If I were to find one at a dealership I'd have to compromise on a few which is the whole point of ordering them, isnt it? I chatted with Ford performance and my car wont be built until 4/16. A whole month away, when I ordered technically in December or January according to COTUS. Makes no sense to reorder through someone else since its 8 weeks away now, but I wasted another 8 weeks. Beyond upset at this point.
While I saw a lot of good reviews of Five Star, then seemed the least responsive of the dealers I talked to. I guess I'm glad that North Central came in the lowest. :-/

There was a post here somewhere that listed some constraints, but I have no idea where it is now. It doesn't really look like there's anything on your list that would be constrained though. It may just come down to allocation.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
While I saw a lot of good reviews of Five Star, then seemed the least responsive of the dealers I talked to. I guess I'm glad that North Central came in the lowest. :-/

There was a post here somewhere that listed some constraints, but I have no idea where it is now. It doesn't really look like there's anything on your list that would be constrained though. It may just come down to allocation.
Well it would've been great to know they had a horrible allocation, I would've gone elsewhere. This makes them look bad. They were more worried about getting their sale than actually helping the customer. Never again.

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
How long after blend date does the car usually stay "in production"? My blend date was 03/06 but cotus hasn't been updated since. My EDD is 3/17 as of now and has been the same for about two weeks now.