• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Automatic COTUS Checker

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
TLDR; Register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe54gARm5uzfT6s7Jg6rzwQLTecvQDOBU4jnfyupPe8d1XCzQ/viewform

A few things to know:
  1. There are two different types of error messages you'll see on COTUS if you entered the valid information:
    • A matching vehicle could not be determined. Please contact your dealer to get status updated about your order.
    • No matching vehicle found. Please verify your input and try again.
    The first one means your order is in the system but don't have a VIN yet, just be patient. The second one means either you entered the wrong info (wrong order number or dealer code, or wrong VIN), or COTUS is acting up and can't find your order (if your order was on COTUS before then this might be the case).
  2. If you got an email saying your window sticker was updated, it means it is updated. The checker script checks the SHA256 Hash of the window sticker file and sends you new ones if it is different from before. Most likely it is either a new BLEND date or a new generation date (new window sticker is generated every so often, it might have all the same order info but different dates at the bottom left).

COTUS Checker has the following features:
  • Runs automatically every hour, on the hour.
  • Sends out emails if there's any changes to your order, including EDD, production state, window sticker.
  • Emails will be sent from [email protected], and will have the window sticker attached if it was released or updated. There will also be a simple image summary of your order included in the email. Thanks to [MENTION=31216]nrc[/MENTION] for the idea.

Below are some screenshots of the output of the script.

Anyways, to register with the script, you'll only need to fill out the Google form here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe54gARm5uzfT6s7Jg6rzwQLTecvQDOBU4jnfyupPe8d1XCzQ/viewform.

After registering successfully, you should receive an "Information Recorded" email, if the information you entered is invalid you'll receive an "Invalid Information" email. Once your order is available on COTUS, you'll start receiving emails with your VIN in the title, the very first email will have "Initial Check" in the title.

Note: sometimes I will run the script manually for testing, so if you get an email not on the hour, that's just me running the script manually.

You can view the code here: https://github.com/duke8253/cotus-checker

And if you're not comfortable providing your VIN or other order related info to me, feel free to set it up yourself, I'm using the "crontab" command on Linux to run the script every hour automatically. Also if you're setting up yourself, you might want to disable the feature where it pulls in the new orders info from the google sheet that is linked to the form above. Or if you are having trouble setting it up, you can PM me here on the forum.

Original Post:
Wrote a small python script to help me track my order, mainly because I'm lazy and don't want to type in my order number every single time I want to check, also supports reading in a text file with one VIN per line to do a batch search.

Have fun.
S650 Mustang Automatic COTUS Checker Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 11.07.37 AM
S650 Mustang Automatic COTUS Checker 1FA6P8CF5J5121895
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a note here, I’ve setup a auto checker on my server to check status at every hour, and if the order state moved forward (i.e new edd, or new order status) it sends an email to notify me. If you guys want, I can setup the same thing for you too if you provide me with either your VIN or order number and dealer code, plus a email address. The email will be sent from [email protected].

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Just a note here, I’ve setup a auto checker on my server to check status at every hour, and if the order state moved forward (i.e new edd, or new order status) it sends an email to notify me. If you guys want, I can setup the same thing for you too if you provide me with either your VIN or order number and dealer code, plus a email address. The email will be sent from [email protected].
Sent private message. Thanks!

OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few updates, this is how the script looks like now.

Also for the people who I've setup auto checker, the script will also send your window sticker to you when it finds it for the first time.
S650 Mustang Automatic COTUS Checker Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 4.52.27 PM

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
A few updates, this is how the script looks like now.

Also for the people who I've setup auto checker, the script will also send your window sticker to you when it finds it for the first time.
Your's is awaiting transit? Lucky. I haven't had an update lately! :(

OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your's is awaiting transit? Lucky. I haven't had an update lately! :(
that's not mine, that's just one I'm using for demonstration since I need to know all kinds of error messages and other stuff COTUS spits out.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Manufacturing cars isn't quite the same as having robots package warehouse items for shipping. You guys that are checking COTUS every day need to take a break, the cars will get here when they get here.

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
that's not mine, that's just one I'm using for demonstration since I need to know all kinds of error messages and other stuff COTUS spits out.
Your (genius) efforts are appreciated. Some of us who would like to check COTUS more often simply don’t have that ability at work. I personally would rather get an email than keep checking all the time anyway. Thanks again.

OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your (genius) efforts are appreciated. Some of us who would like to check COTUS more often simply don’t have that ability at work. I personally would rather get an email than keep checking all the time anyway. Thanks again.
Thanks! ;)

bstreet5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem OF (on order)
Very cool, thanks for doing this.

LowcountryMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Manufacturing cars isn't quite the same as having robots package warehouse items for shipping. You guys that are checking COTUS every day need to take a break, the cars will get here when they get here.

The Grinch hated Cotus! The whole Cotus season!
Now, please don't ask why. No one quite knows the reason.
S650 Mustang Automatic COTUS Checker images

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'll be PM'ing you as soon as I get a VIN from the dealer.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
DukeGaGa

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check your emails everyone :D my EDD just got restored. still same 1/3 though

sbrenskell

Waiting for OF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Premium FB Orange fury
Mine is 1/11 still. Got an email! It worked! Thanks again [MENTION=30915]DukeGaGa[/MENTION] ! You are awesome!!!
Sponsored