• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang Buying Basics + COTUS Guide

GDDYP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Fastback (ETA 9/15/18), 1961 Thunderbird Hardtop
I should remember all this from when I ordered/purchased my last Mustang (way, way back in 2012, LOL), but I forgot, where can I see the priority code, or is this something only the dealer sees on their end? I'm wearing out the Internet checking Cotus, Etis, and Ford Order Tracking. I'm sure everything is fine, but it would be fun to know.

Also, I wondered how the estimated days to delivery provided on the lookup sites were panning out for everyone, pretty much on the money? Fast? Slow? Again, very anxious, er excited, LOL. My car is currently showing as 45 days to delivery on Cotus and Ford Order Tracking but the dealer provided an ETA of 8/30.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
OP should be updated now that COTUS is dead.

GDDYP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost Fastback (ETA 9/15/18), 1961 Thunderbird Hardtop
OP should be updated now that COTUS is dead.
Wow, why would Ford do that? I'd have lost my mind without COTUS while my car was on order.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Wow, why would Ford do that? I'd have lost my mind without COTUS while my car was on order.
There's a new order tracking page but it requires a VIN number. So people will have to harrass their dealer at least until they can get a VIN number.

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

This stinks because you really can't trust your average Ford salesman to even know whether the order was entered correctly.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Priority Numbers:
There shouldn't be any debate on this. You have the numbers correct.
A priority code of 19 is not typical. If anyone has a 19 they should be pretty upset with their dealer. 10 is the most common Followed by the next few numbers.
90-99 is for orders the dealer puts in the system, but doesn't actually want Ford to pull.
So the priority code is based solely on the dealership yes? so In my case the '20 GT500 ( i know no information out yet) but i have a very good relationship with the salesman and the owner and a deposit+deal made, so if they so choose, they can drop it as low as "10" priority, which would mean its THEIR 1st priority, and then to get "01-09" priority they would have to convince the regional rep to go lower, and then its still up to the dealerships # in line of allocations for the 500, yes?

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PPL2 Velocity Blue
Anyone know what is means on the tracking page when the number of days til delivery gets stuck at 1? Been like this for 2 days now? I guess i ASSumed it was using realtime tracking like Fedex/UPS, but nope!

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Anyone know what is means on the tracking page when the number of days til delivery gets stuck at 1? Been like this for 2 days now? I guess i ASSumed it was using realtime tracking like Fedex/UPS, but nope!
At a guess, your original Estimated Date of Delivery was a day or so ago, and it passed without the car getting delivered. The tracker doesn't handle that situation well. If that is the case, now the fun starts, as the tracker will now start to count up by one every day.

For me, my car is currently in transit on a train. However, as my original EDD was 2/28, the system now tells me it's 27 days to delivery, will tell me it's 28 days tomorrow, 29 days the day after that, and so on until my car shows up (tentatively next week).

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PPL2 Velocity Blue
At a guess, your original Estimated Date of Delivery was a day or so ago, and it passed without the car getting delivered. The tracker doesn't handle that situation well. If that is the case, now the fun starts, as the tracker will now start to count up by one every day.

For me, my car is currently in transit on a train. However, as my original EDD was 2/28, the system now tells me it's 27 days to delivery, will tell me it's 28 days tomorrow, 29 days the day after that, and so on until my car shows up (tentatively next week).
My salesman can go in and see exactly where the car is I wish we had access to that system .

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
So the priority code is based solely on the dealership yes? so In my case the '20 GT500 ( i know no information out yet) but i have a very good relationship with the salesman and the owner and a deposit+deal made, so if they so choose, they can drop it as low as "10" priority, which would mean its THEIR 1st priority, and then to get "01-09" priority they would have to convince the regional rep to go lower, and then its still up to the dealerships # in line of allocations for the 500, yes?
Everything you said is correct.

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red ordered 4/30

Full FUBAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Great Threat , learned a lot about my order , I have a VIN and and production date of 07/10 and my priority code of 19.

Not in a rush but hopefully it doesn't take forever.

This is my first mustang (well 2nd, had a POS 84 GT) always wanted one and everything has lined up and pulled the trigger, I am excited.

drjeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium convertible, Kona Blue, 3.55 gears, active valve exhaust, 401A, safe and smart, B&O, polished aluminum wheels
Order placed: 6/26/2020, priority code 9
VIN received: 7/14/2020
Window sticker received: 7/14/2020
Blend date: 7/22/2020

I can't wait!

(Kona Blue GT Premium Convertible plus goodies)

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Gt 2020
Order placed: 6/26/2020, priority code 9
VIN received: 7/14/2020
Window sticker received: 7/14/2020
Blend date: 7/22/2020

I can't wait!

(Kona Blue GT Premium Convertible plus goodies)
Good job brother

How did you manage the priority code 9? As far as I know, when one places a custom order, it is placed a priority order of 10. I would like to know how I can get a 9 priority myself lol.
Sponsored