• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Automatic COTUS Checker

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2007 GT Coupe

mcstang18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2016 F150 XLT
Dammit, my EDD got pushed back two days to April 9. They must have known I need it here by the 7th so I can run autocross with it on the 8th.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2007 GT Coupe

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
I have to make a 300 mile trip back from my dealer, debating on driving it or trailering it so I can vary the speed instead of putting 300 highway miles on it before the break in...

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
What is considered "too fast"? lol

I was thinking about doing a 500mi road trip down to CA after I get my car. Seemed like a good time to break the car in!
I have to make a 300 mile trip back from my dealer, debating on driving it or trailering it so I can vary the speed instead of putting 300 highway miles on it before the break in...
Road trips are fine, I'll be doing a 4 hour trip in my Bullitt to bring it home. Just vary the rpm. So basically, don't use cruise control and vary your speed. With passing other cars, slowing down for higher traffic sections, speed limit changes, tolls, cops, etc you should be varying the speed enough.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That makes me feel better, I could try to find some back roads to take to do a little bit of engine braking

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you're coming by the bay area lets compare your Royal Crimson PP2 to my Oxford White PP2.

As for break in I'm only 30 miles from my dealer so I'll be trying to do some high RPM shifts and engine braking with varying throttle. I'll start mid throttle and slowly roll into the throttle. I'll do this pretty much the whole way home or the window tint shop to seat the piston rings. That first tank of gas will last me 2 days max.
Same here first stop is window tint then ceramic coating :cheers:

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Same here first stop is window tint then ceramic coating :cheers:
Do you guys do paint protection film and ceramic coating? Don't want to de-rail the thread but I keep seeing people doing ceramic coating but don't see as many talking about paint protection film.

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you guys do paint protection film and ceramic coating? Don't want to de-rail the thread but I keep seeing people doing ceramic coating but don't see as many talking about paint protection film.
I think I will do both, PPF on the hood, headlights, front bumper and some of the fenders and pillars then ceramic coat on top of that. The guy I'm taking mine to does really well and he knows his stuff so ultimately I will leave it up to his best judgment of how much and where to put it

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I plan to do both. Xpel or Suntek and then off the have it ceramic coated.

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
If you're coming by the bay area lets compare your Royal Crimson PP2 to my Oxford White PP2.

As for break in I'm only 30 miles from my dealer so I'll be trying to do some high RPM shifts and engine braking with varying throttle. I'll start mid throttle and slowly roll into the throttle. I'll do this pretty much the whole way home or the window tint shop to seat the piston rings. That first tank of gas will last me 2 days max.
I'll be around the Fairfield/Vacaville area. I'll have a better idea as to when I will make it down that way after my car arrives.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I'm doing both on mine. I was quoted somewhere around $2k.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
What is considered "too fast"? lol

I was thinking about doing a 500mi road trip down to CA after I get my car. Seemed like a good time to break the car in!
Looking forward to seeing pics of that RC PP2. That was my second color choice and was going to jump on a RC PP1 w/ mag and exhaust that my dealer has if my order didn't go through.
Sponsored