• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto Insurance?

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
- In CO, our risk pool has changed. While I believe I'm driving the same as ever, the risks are greater. More people focusing on their cell phones (50% of tickets in my county involve distracted driving), people speed more, driving more aggressive than ever before, a greater influx of people without license or insurance. I can try another company, but because the risk pool is the same, I wouldn't expect much difference; and thus far, I've found this to be true.

I feel the best chance at a significant change in rates would be to move to a more rural location with a regional carrier. Several times, I've started working on a quote, only to learn they do not write polices in my area.
Agreed, Colorado has gotten insane with rates.

There are just so many more people here now than even 5 years ago, let alone 10 years ago. That coupled with the fact that one hail storm can easily total out your vehicle.

Everyone's rates have significantly increased but like you said, it is kind of hard to shop around when we are all in the same pool with companies increasing rates. It has almost gotten to the point that instead of shopping around to decrease rates, we are shopping around to get the smallest increase in rates for next year. Kind of strange.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I don't have direct experience with these companies. A quick Googling appears to offer a, "maybe".

https://www.hagerty.com/insurance/classic-car-insurance/does-my-vehicle-qualify/newer-vehicles

With respect to Hagerty, I'm not sure an S650 would qualify.

https://www.grundy.com/mvp/

Grundy's answer appears to be, "If you have one collector car with us now, yes." But there are caveats with Grundy; they mention agreed-to payout policies and 150% payouts.

I can't give a definite. But while waiting on the car, it's worth a call. In the mean time, someone who works with them could give some better guidance.
I'll keep looking.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I've used GEICO for 20+ years and have never had a problem with their service. Their rates have risen pretty sharply in the last couple years though. From what I hear Florida is the most expensive state in the country to get car insurance, which bums me out since I want to move there in the next few years.
Don't let increased rates in FL stop you from living the life you want to live.
We only get one chance to live. Make a plan ahead of time so you know you will be able to afford higher insurance rates and still be able to move there if you want. ✌

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Don't let increased rates in FL stop you from living the life you want to live.
We only get one chance to live. Make a plan ahead of time so you know you will be able to afford higher insurance rates and still be able to move there if you want. ✌
I hear ya. Homeowners insurance is an even worse situation in Florida than car insurance, especially if you are near the water. I have a buddy who moved there like 5+ years ago and he's actually selling his house and moving to Tennessee due to the insurance situation and the vast increase in people living there and associated traffic.

But in the end FL is the only place I've wanted to live when I retired and I'm sticking to the plan. I've got a few years to work on that plan. We'll get it done!

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hear ya. Homeowners insurance is an even worse situation in Florida than car insurance, especially if you are near the water. I have a buddy who moved there like 5+ years ago and he's actually selling his house and moving to Tennessee due to the insurance situation and the vast increase in people living there and associated traffic.

But in the end FL is the only place I've wanted to live when I retired and I'm sticking to the plan. I've got a few years to work on that plan. We'll get it done!
One of the reasons I picked Ocala. I have lived about 30 miles north of Pensacola for a number of years and got hit a few times (Ivan & Dennis). My rates didn't go up much. not much damage either.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
One of the reasons I picked Ocala. I have lived about 30 miles north of Pensacola for a number of years and got hit a few times (Ivan & Dennis). My rates didn't go up much. not much damage either.
Been to Ocala many times. Really nice area. We are looking to be on the west coast of FL, home to all those hurricanes and astronomical insurance rates LOL. Oh well.

OP
OP
DCS

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been to Ocala many times. Really nice area. We are looking to be on the west coast of FL, home to all those hurricanes and astronomical insurance rates LOL. Oh well.
Ocala is OK. Not my choice. My wife is originally from Central Florida and wanted to move back from where we were before - Prescott, AZ. I really miss that place. No fires, no hurricanes, very little crime, great hiking opportunities. LOW Insurance!

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
I would also look into independent insurance agents. I shop around often for rates and didn’t find much of a difference but the independent agent I contacted found a lot larger of a difference when getting rates for me and had better coverage since I really didn’t know what each option was for.

Overall, my homeowners in Denver increased this year but only by a few hundred. The hail coverage is the primary driver for this. I have a separate deductible for hail claims that’s % of rebuild cost versus the $1000 deductible for everything else. For a hail claim, it will be around $3600.

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Not to threadjack, but I wonder if there is a price difference between the EcoBoost and the Coyote. I know when I was talking with my insurance agent, she had me clarify if it was a Mustang or Mustang GT. Of course, providing the VIN will validate which one it is.
I have a GT on order and my buddy is my insurance agent. We are adding the GT so it'll be a new policy and he quoted me around $215 per month for full coverage here in Michigan. I was originally thinking about going with an Ecoboost and the quote on that was around $20 less per month for me. Just one data point as we all know insurance has so many variables but just thought I would pass it along.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Very well thought out and presented! Thank you!!

My current rate for my wife & myself, both in our mid-seventies is $3,632 per year for two cars. No other drivers. A 2020 Lincoln Continental (wife) and a 2018 Subaru WRX (me). No medical payments, rental reimbursement, towing, and labor coverage included. Neither of us have had an accident in over 12 years. We drive about 5,000 miles each per year. I think the USAA insurance has gone way up in the past two years in Florida.
You are lucky just to have insurance in Florida, given all of the horror stories about insurance companies leaving the Sunshine state.

scazea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT premium conv., 401a, Rapid Red
How high are your deductables?
Bodily injury :100000/300000, Property Damage: 50000 (both others and me),
collision and other causes, Transportation expenses.

Instant Action

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler, '24 VB Mustang GT PP Vert 6sp
I live about ½ mile from the ocean as the crow flys, 72 years old, single and no accidents since I was 17 and I'm paying $122/mth from State Farm for my 2024 GT, PP, manual convertible. I have a $500 deductible for both collision and Comprehensive with 300/500 liability. My 2021 392 Jeep Wrangler on the otherhand with the same coverage is $206/month. Go figure🤷‍♂️

Uninsured motorist coverage is a major part of the cost of insurance in FL where fully 25% of drivers dont carry car insurance even though they are required by law to have it.

I believe Florida is also the rear ending capital of the country. Not a day goes by that I don't see two cars pulled over on the side of the road after a rear end collision. Everyone is on their cell phones not paying attention. You have to come to a stop with your eyes in the rearview mirror and an escape plan in your head!

Last edited:

NightSurgeX2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2018 Explorer Sport, 2024 Dark Horse
I'm paying $270 per YEAR for my Dark Horse. Indiana.

Erie Insurance with 16 years+ history, bundle w home and 2 other cars (2018 explorer sport, 2016 fiesta). I have it fully insured with low 250/500 deductible and listed as under 8,000 miles per year with a winter layover/reduced usage discount.

0 at fault accidents ever.

No insurance company ever comes close to my rates. State Farm was double for the entire policy ($1140/year)

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
i'm paying 156 per month, with Geico , 2 people in the insurance.
so was I (4 cars, 1 driver) but now Geico just renewed my policy at 3X the price, yes, you read that right. 3x, not 30% hike. So 20+ years down the drain.

USAA IMO no longer competitive. They short-sheeted themselves and got caught out badly with the flooding and hail. So they are making it up by taking members to the woodshed.

State Farm seems to be run by imbeciles who can't keep VIN and ownership let alone the correct driver correlated.

I would look at Erie.
Sponsored