• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Appearance pack vinyl vs painted

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Other than the cost is there any difference in the vinyl application (as far as looks) vs the painted version.
I’m pretty sure the painted version includes a two tone black hood, full black roof and carry through of the hood on the trunk.
Is that what the vinyl will be - if anyone knows appreciate the input trying to decide between the paint and vinyl. I like the vinyl option cause it’s cheaper plus you have the option to Gas it at anytime …
Sponsored

OP
OP

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
OK -so I took some time and scanned You Tube videos and that that dude Raiti pointed all that out so answer is (I think) it will be exactly the same one painted one vinyl -

Other than the cost is there any difference in the vinyl application (as far as looks) vs the painted version.
I’m pretty sure the painted version includes a two tone black hood, full black roof and carry through of the hood on the trunk.
Is that what the vinyl will be - if anyone knows appreciate the input trying to decide between the paint and vinyl. I like the vinyl option cause it’s cheaper plus you have the option to Gas it at anytime …

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
According to the order guide, you get a black painted roof with the vinyl stripes. I don't think the vinyl stripes carry over past the hood. If you opt for both the appearance package and the painted stripes, the painted stripes will override the black painted roof that comes with the appearance package; because the painted stripes span from the hood through the roof all the way to the trunk lid.

OP
OP

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 MACH 1
Thanks for clearing that up … I guess I’ll go vinyl I like the black roof look

BLITZM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cayman S
I've ticked appearance pack for my DH. Beyond the stripes and black roof the list also listed Brembo brakes (assume painted). Does anyone understands what this might mean?

To be honest I just wanted the black roof - and if it's not too hard I might even peel the vinyl stuff off the bonnet and the boot.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
This is the vinyl, it's only on the hood:
S650 Mustang Appearance pack vinyl vs painted 1679302839364

This is the painted design which is gloss black in the middle part and goes across the whole top:
S650 Mustang Appearance pack vinyl vs painted 1679302869762

But it looks like the roof and hood part doesn't line up at all which could look off
S650 Mustang Appearance pack vinyl vs painted 1679302972042

mabcim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64.5 Mustang Conv, ‘22 Maverick, ‘23 Escape
I've ticked appearance pack for my DH. Beyond the stripes and black roof the list also listed Brembo brakes (assume painted). Does anyone understands what this might mean?

To be honest I just wanted the black roof - and if it's not too hard I might even peel the vinyl stuff off the bonnet and the boot.
I’m not too sure about those stripes either. But would easy to remove if I don’t like them.

The calipers, with the appearance pkg, will be Notorious Blue with Grabber Blue letters.

papaD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Power Wagon 2016 Challenger 392 shaker
Personally, I would not want to be paying extra for the sweet ember paint, then cover it up with stripes...

drive it a year, if you want to add stripes, get some custom decals made (that can be removed in the future)

just my $.02

Towerism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 6 speed, 2021 Volvo XC40 R-Design
I’m considering asking my dealer to order the appearance pack with the vinyl so I can remove the vinyl later. I don’t know though… removing the decals that comes from the factory seems wrong to me. For now he has agreed to order vapor blue for me.

Personally, I would not want to be paying extra for the sweet ember paint, then cover it up with stripes...

drive it a year, if you want to add stripes, get some custom decals made (that can be removed in the future)

just my $.02

GrabberBlueFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon Denali, Expedition EL, Durango

just my $.02
I’m on the fence about them as well, with your point about covering up the special paint being a major issue for me too.

kkcoolstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
I ordered my DH with everything including appearance package, I didn’t get CF rims and painted stripes.

Do Vinyl and painted stripes look similar?Anyone have photo of blue ember DH with vinyl stripes?

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
I ordered my DH with everything including appearance package, I didn’t get CF rims and painted stripes.

Do Vinyl and painted stripes look similar?Anyone have photo of blue ember DH with vinyl stripes?
Saw a video yesterday "walk around with marketing guy" at auction. There was a blue ember with appearance package, and the stripes sure looked "painted" as in very glossy.

Vinyl stripes will not be whiney like the car. I did look for the video to link, but did not find it.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
imo, the only way painted stripes are worth the extra Ford charges is the Tuxedo Black and if you garage queen or PPF it (i may be biased about the Tuxedo Black because that's what my mom's Gen 1 Raptor was painted)
Sponsored