• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone willing to remove their glovebox for me?

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I'm trying to diagnose a rattle/buzz on the passenger side dash and can't figure it out. While doing it I had notice that the blower motor under the dash has a piece of tubing if you will that comes from the firewall and curves into the motor. Looking at it with the glove box out, the motor center, what I'm talking about it on the right side. That piece is freely moving back and forth with a white rubber seal along it's edge. I don't know if this is normal or not, but I couldn't imagine it is seeing as air could blow right by it? I really hope this made sense, if anyone is willing to check it takes 30 seconds to drop the glove box. Please PM me if you are willing to do it so we can clear up any confusion. TIA.
Sponsored

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
If nobody posts before I get home, Iā€™ll check it out and post a pic

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
S650 Mustang Anyone willing to remove their glovebox for me? IMG_6092
S650 Mustang Anyone willing to remove their glovebox for me? IMG_6091
This is what mine looks like

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT/CS, C6 Corvette, 1997 GT Convertable
The owners manual tells you how to change the cabin filter and you have to remove the glove box to do it, so a step by step process is in the owners manual.

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
Not sure how things are done today but years back(60's-70's) some blower motors had a rubber tube for cooling it. Maybe some older mechanics can chime in.

Vapor Blue GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang and CRV
I see the same gap as mine so it's not the issue.

Screenshot_20240317_153543_Chrome.jpg
I reached in there and didnā€™t really feel anything that seems like it would cause a rattle other than the blower motor. I donā€™t think any of those wires or cables would be loud enough to hear even if they were moving. Iā€™d check under the hood next to the firewall on that side and see if something is loose

OP
OP
Carter1776

Carter1776

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Atlas Blue
I reached in there and didnā€™t really feel anything that seems like it would cause a rattle other than the blower motor. I donā€™t think any of those wires or cables would be loud enough to hear even if they were moving. Iā€™d check under the hood next to the firewall on that side and see if something is loose
If you reach in and touch that white seal, that whole thing moves freely back and forth. That's why I thought it may be the issue, so if you don't have a noise then it's not the issue. I installed a hard wired dash cam and ran the wires along the headliner and down the A pillar, down to the BCM fuse box, but I used felt anti vibration tape on the whole wire setup, besides along the headliner. So I don't think that's the issue either.

Idk if it's just my wife but when we ride together she doesn't like the windows down and likes little to no music, and that's the only time it can be heard šŸ˜‚, so I guess I just need to learn to ignore it. If it gets more persistent and loud, I'll make an appointment with ford because then I know it'll replicate for them.

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
If you reach in and touch that white seal, that whole thing moves freely back and forth. That's why I thought it may be the issue, so if you don't have a noise then it's not the issue. I installed a hard wired dash cam and ran the wires along the headliner and down the A pillar, down to the BCM fuse box, but I used felt anti vibration tape on the whole wire setup, besides along the headliner. So I don't think that's the issue either.

Idk if it's just my wife but when we ride together she doesn't like the windows down and likes little to no music, and that's the only time it can be heard šŸ˜‚, so I guess I just need to learn to ignore it. If it gets more persistent and loud, I'll make an appointment with ford because then I know it'll replicate for them.
Sounds like your Wife is going to miss you..

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

That looks like it would be the recirculation flap. When it opens and closes, it causes air from outside or inside the car to be ā€œsuckedā€ into the blower.
Sponsored