• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone remove their active exhaust mufflers yet?

Jason29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse HP
I recently bought a Dark Horse and one of the active exhaust actuators on the muffler is bad. It is a warranty item, but the 2024 part is currently not available with no ETA. I know this is a stretch, but thought I would ask, as I know some folks are quick to remove the factory mufflers. If anyone has removed theirs and is willing to part with one of your actuators on the muffler, I'd love to purchase it from you. Feel free to reach out if so. I hate not being able to use the active exhaust.

Thank you for your consideration! Have good evening.
Sponsored

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I am curious what sort of error you get with the active exhaust not working? Is there a check engine light or some sort of warning? Are you still able to remote start the car? I might delete my factory active mufflers but unfortunately I will be keeping the actuators in case I want to put them back on but just wondering what happens when it detects the active exhaust as not functional.

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
mine were acting defective and kept giving me the not available message on my 24 GT ..I parked it turned it off ..messed with the wires connected to the actuators then I sprayed a good amount of WD-40 on the actuators flaps inside the tips ..and did that new install active exhaust actuators cycle process I seen on YouTube ..haven’t had a problem since been about 5 weeks now
Did it still let you change the drive modes while giving the message?

MagneticMartian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Yes my drive modes worked but the active exhaust wouldn’t switch over ..would stay in normal mode ..was really glitchy ..my car was delivered by rail ..and it came really really dirty .south Texas .. maybe a really bumpy ride on that train .. but it all works for now .. it also glitched out on quiet start one morning ..almost like a backfire ..but hasn’t happened since ..now I have the Model T Tick ..wonder what’s next …lol
Damn that is unlucky, thankfully I haven't had any issues so far hopefully it stays that way. The tick seems to be in every 5.0 and ford said it has no impact and there are very high mileage motors with the tick so that's not something I would worry about but hope you don't have any more issues!

cosmo73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2024 GT
Known issue for the S550 and there is a TSB for it. Basically, check your harness for the right muffler. It may be hitting the body seem and braking the wires right at the connector.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
It looks like the AE wiring harnesses and sensors are in a different position on the s650. I installed an MRT h-pipe and it moved my exhaust back about an inch because I had trouble sliding it all the way on the pipes. I was worried about the wiring harnesses, but instead of mounting them facing rearward, Ford put them sideways on the s650, so it’s pretty much impossible for the unwrapped wires right by the plugs to rub on anything.
Sponsored