• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone taken delivery or seen in real life GT in Vapor Blue?

Deleted member 60890

I ordered a vapor blue with 20 inch wheels automatic and the car got delayed in shipping From an estimated delivery of ~1/15 to ~1/30. It’s still sitting on the lot at Flat Rock Michigan.

I’ve been concerned as I mentioned on previous post that the car had been sitting in -4/- 7 for a week or so and currently it’s 1°.

I just don’t want to have the car delivered after it’s been sitting in snow and ice with those temperatures for a couple weeks so I canceled the order today.

I found a car over two hours away that I just purchased, which is dark blue just based on some of your feedback and my thoughts on the Vapor blue.

The car canceled had the 400A package with active exhaust, 20 wheels and the one I’m now getting is 401A with active exhaust, and 19” polished aluminum wheels.

Some trade-offs, I know. There is only several hundred dollars difference in the two in OTD pricing.

Yes, I Let my anxiety get the better of me, but I think I’ll like the darker blue as I used to have that similar color and I’m picking it up tomorrow so I’ll won’t be wondering, of the impact of subzero temperatures, ice and snow for a couple of weeks on the other car.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Skoons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible
I have a GT Convertible in Vapor Blue, I absolutely love the color. It's more of a pearl or tricoat. The color you see is heavily influenced by the light source and direction. It can be anywhere from a strormy grey, to a bright blue in direct sunlight.

P2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue Mustang GT Premium 401A 6 Speed
S650 Mustang Anyone taken delivery or seen in real life GT in Vapor Blue? 2024 Mustang 3

Vaporized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F150,1970 Mach1 428cj
We purchased a '24 Vapor Blue GT PP Premium on 10/9. It is my daily driver, which I LOVE, and in my opinion it is more blue than grey when it is in the sunlight. Refer to my profile pic and the attached photo. I would definitely go see one in person to make your decision.

20231010_125626 (1).jpg
I agree, definitely more a subtle blue in sunlight vs just grey . .

S650 Mustang Anyone taken delivery or seen in real life GT in Vapor Blue? IMG_3927

S650 Mustang Anyone taken delivery or seen in real life GT in Vapor Blue? IMG_3920

S650 Mustang Anyone taken delivery or seen in real life GT in Vapor Blue? IMG_3923

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang 2019, GT 500 Magnetic 2020, 2020 Bullitt, Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Octane 2019, Dodge Charger Hellcat White Knuckle 2019, Toyota Supra Premium 2020, Toyota Avalon TRD 2020, Honda Civic Type R 2019

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Personally, I love my Vapor Blue. My last 3 Corvettes were white with a red interior. Got tired of the white and decided to go try something different with the Mustang. When I ordered it, my wife didn't like the color and thought it was ugly. When we picked it up at the dealer the first thing she said was, "That's a really cool color." I'm glad I got it.

Boykin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Convertible; 2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Its blue and it is gray. Depends on the lighting conditions. You have to go see it in person to fully understand the color. The Mach E also comes in Vapor Blue if you can't find a Mustang nearby to go see. We spent weeks going and looking for Mach E's back in May to see what the color looked like. We even had our salesperson send pictures of Vapor Blue Mach E and Azure Gray color to see the differences.

rkmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'31 Chrysler, '59 Galaxie, & now '24 Mustang GT
I agree with some of the other posters, you really should go see it in person. The color definitely changes between a greyish blue and a bluish grey depending on the light and angles. Pics don't do it justice, when I look at pics of mine it looks nice, every time I see it in person it "luks mahvelous". Also think the trim makes a difference, mine has the NPP. When it came in, it had a VB with chrome/color-matched sitting next to it. The NPP trim made mine look a bit darker as well. This pic is early evening when it kind of transitioning between the two.

S650 Mustang Anyone taken delivery or seen in real life GT in Vapor Blue? 20230911_192626.1

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
I'd call it a smoky blue. There is metallic flake, but it's not overdone, even in bright sunlight. As others have noted, is appears less blue and more grey in low light, but so do most things. It's a beautiful color, but as suggested above, there is no way to know if it's what you expect unless you've seen it in person, though given you're in Oz, that's unlikely unless there's a Mach-E in the same color available. Personally, I would not decide on a color until I've actually seen it. To wit, I got my 2017 Corvette in Watkins Glen Grey without having laid eyes on the color, and at first I was shocked at how dark it was, good thing I came to like it, but that taught me a lesson about assumptions.

Last edited:

Vaporized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2017 Ford F150,1970 Mach1 428cj
Thanks, i‘ve always liked that stripe on the 85/86. Painted one like it on my 89’ GT vert and 90’ LX 5.0 Knotch that I had a few years back as well!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 2021 Explorer ST
I love my Vapor Blue GT, the metallic really sparkles and shows off the blue in sunlight, it is more grey and bland looking at night or under LED light.
S650 Mustang Anyone taken delivery or seen in real life GT in Vapor Blue? IMG_8791
S650 Mustang Anyone taken delivery or seen in real life GT in Vapor Blue? IMG_8800
S650 Mustang Anyone taken delivery or seen in real life GT in Vapor Blue? IMG_8788

Goldensloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Vapor Blue GT
This is mine, bought September 15th, 23. I would describe the color as a grayish blue that can look brownish in different lighting.

S650 Mustang Anyone taken delivery or seen in real life GT in Vapor Blue? Passenger

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
dod
IMO Vapor blue looks far better in pictures posted than in real life. 2 dealerships very close to me had one. They say it's metallic but I honestly couldn't tell. IMO it's more of a greyish blue. I do have the Blue Ember Metallic Dark Horse really liked it in pictures, and now that it's home in my garage I simply love the color. I'm saying that you should go find a dealer that has a Vapor blue GT and look at it to decide. Good luck.
Sponsored