• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone install RTR upper grille?

_Ghost5.0h_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
doesn’t matter how much time you spend on installing it. They should be having the same issue unless rtr is sending dealers a different version or slightly tweaked kits to the dealers for the spec 2 and we’re getting the junky kits. What do I know though. $650 for something that’s not working correctly and no answers…
Time and effort being rtr actually did that grill right before sending it to Cj compared to the mass produced ones like ours
Sponsored

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
They knew of the problem.. why do you think they had such a delay in the beginning but still chose to send out an inferior product ..my RTR spoiler was made with no care too ..my camera is slightly off center due to bad hole cuts for the camera ..the thin crappy two sided sticky strip is not sticking well ..might have to take off the whole spoiler and use a better quality tape now

SWPHX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost
i have the same problem with mine, im currently testing a solution, ill update in 30 or so minutes if it works or not.
I’m glad I’m seeing others with the same Daytime runner issue! Love the grill but may need to sell it if this issue doesn’t get fixed.
S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? IMG_1567

SWPHX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Update: well fuck, after letting it sit overnight and cold starting it the issue has come back.
My biggest issue with it seems to be when I first start up. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t and then if I just sit there and play with the lights, they come back and then the issue goes away, but then comes back…. I don’t know if anybody else has this side effect as well but the sequentials also stop working whenever that side DRL is out it just flashes yellow instead of sequencing.

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
My biggest issue with it seems to be when I first start up. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn’t and then if I just sit there and play with the lights, they come back and then the issue goes away, but then comes back…. I don’t know if anybody else has this side effect as well but the sequentials also stop working whenever that side DRL is out it just flashes yellow instead of sequencing.
I leave my lights on AUTO and in the day time my DRLs seem to work but when my auto lights turn on the headlights my driver side DRL goes out and the signal isn’t sequential. Or if I start my car and my auto headlights have the headlights on the DRLs work but I go for a drive and the driver side goes out shortly after

SWPHX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost
I leave my lights on AUTO and in the day time my DRLs seem to work but when my auto lights turn on the headlights my driver side DRL goes out and the signal isn’t sequential
Let’s hope they find a fix soon!

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Reached out to support, and they seem to be aware of the problem.
They stated its on "some" vehicles, and they are testing a fix.

I dont want to install it if there is potential for an issue, if there is a fix in the works, then I would rather wait.

SWPHX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Anyone installed their RTR upper grille? I’m having issues with the Day time running lights now one DRL is working and the other isn’t. Or neither work it’s random. They work then they don’t. Everything is secured and the fuse and everything is correct.

IMG_2609.jpeg
Another issue that I have been having and wanted input from anybody else if they’ve been experiencing this is my Auto highbeams haven’t been acting right either. I don’t know if it’s all connected or if it’s another thing I need to look at.

_Ghost5.0h_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Reached out to support, and they seem to be aware of the problem.
They stated its on "some" vehicles, and they are testing a fix.

I dont want to install it if there is potential for an issue, if there is a fix in the works, then I would rather wait.
I got this issue going on and on top
Another issue that I have been having and wanted input from anybody else if they’ve been experiencing this is my Auto highbeams haven’t been acting right either. I don’t know if it’s all connected or if it’s another thing I need to look at.
yeah my auto high beams only work for a few minutes then it’s not and option until I restart the car

RTR Vehicles

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang RTR
We have seen your comments and concerns. This has been addressed internally with our engineering team and we are making progress to provide you all with a solution to the issues you are experiencing. Please be patient with us while we work through this. Updates will be communicated once we have a solution.

If you have not been in contact with our Customer Service Team in regards to this issue, please send an email to [email protected]. We ask that you share your first name, last name, and order number so we can keep you all informed.

RTR Vehicles

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang RTR
We wanted to update you all on our findings regarding the concern some of you are experiencing with your driver’s side Daytime Running Light (DRL) after installing the RTR Upper Grille w/ LED Air Intakes.

The RTR Engineering Team meticulously ensured the RTR LED Air Intakes worked with the intricate factory headlight control systems. However, due to the OE manufacturing variability, about 5% of RTR Upper Grille installations have caused the RTR LED Air Intake to slightly deviate from the factory control systems' parameters. This deviation leads to a temporary loss of the driver’s side Daytime Running Lights (DRL) functionality.

We are actively pursuing a solution that will resolve this issue for those who currently have the RTR Upper Grille w/ LED Air Intakes installed and including the solution moving forward with future RTR Upper Grille orders.

This is our highest priority until our solution is validated and can be distributed. We appreciate your patience as we work through this, and as always greatly value your passion and dedication for your vehicle and RTR components!

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
We wanted to update you all on our findings regarding the concern some of you are experiencing with your driver’s side Daytime Running Light (DRL) after installing the RTR Upper Grille w/ LED Air Intakes.

The RTR Engineering Team meticulously ensured the RTR LED Air Intakes worked with the intricate factory headlight control systems. However, due to the OE manufacturing variability, about 5% of RTR Upper Grille installations have caused the RTR LED Air Intake to slightly deviate from the factory control systems' parameters. This deviation leads to a temporary loss of the driver’s side Daytime Running Lights (DRL) functionality.

We are actively pursuing a solution that will resolve this issue for those who currently have the RTR Upper Grille w/ LED Air Intakes installed and including the solution moving forward with future RTR Upper Grille orders.

This is our highest priority until our solution is validated and can be distributed. We appreciate your patience as we work through this, and as always greatly value your passion and dedication for your vehicle and RTR components!
Appreciate you guys keeping us informed
Sponsored