• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone install RTR upper grille?

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Anyone installed their RTR upper grille? I’m having issues with the Day time running lights now one DRL is working and the other isn’t. Or neither work it’s random. They work then they don’t. Everything is secured and the fuse and everything is correct.

S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? IMG_2609
Sponsored

thelostone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang
Good luck getting ford to warranty repair it .. void ..that’s why I questioned the barbaric wiring ..when RTR released the install guide
S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? IMG_0809

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
i have the same problem with mine, im currently testing a solution, ill update in 30 or so minutes if it works or not.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so, after letting the car idle for 20 minutes im either correct or too impatient to verify 100% so YMMV but i have good news and it all starts with this guys picture:

Good luck getting ford to warranty repair it .. void ..that’s why I questioned the barbaric wiring ..when RTR released the install guide
IMG_0809.jpeg
first off, to clear any confusion, your headlights not working because of that fuse tap wont void the warranty as that fuse isnt even the headlights...speaking of fuses... im gonna go ahead and tag @RTR Vehicles in case this is correct so they can fix their manual...

first off...here is a picture of the Fuse box in my GT premium PP minus the RTR fuse

S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? 20231220_205741

the two we are interested in here are fuses 100 and 101 circled in red below, those are the headlight fuses:

S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? 20231220_205741 red

now if you reference the RTR photo above youll notice the problem...theirs are 30 amps, while ours are 15 amps...

luckily we have two options to fix this: the "proper" way and the "fuck you i want it now" way

the "proper" way is to purchase two of these littelfuse 30A fuses specifically those as standard ones with closed walls wont fit in those slots. simply purchase those, wait 3-5 business days and swap them out with the 15s.

the "fuck you i want it now" way requires a little leg work:
step 1: go down to the local autozone and buy two 30A fuses heres the type i got for reference
step 2: pull fuses 69 and 11 bellow in yellow, youll notice as you pull them that the prongs are smaller than the ones for the headlights, thats good news!

S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? 20231220_205741 yellow

step 3: replace the fuses in yellow with the two fuses you bought from the store, as stated above if they are walled and not open sided theyll still fit on those two fuses.
step 4: take the two fuses you pulled and swap out the two 15A fuses for the headlights.

do that and your DRL issue should be solved!

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Update: well fuck, after letting it sit overnight and cold starting it the issue has come back.
Damn I was really hoping that was gonna fix it. Appreciate you writing all that out though. Glad I’m not the only one experiencing this issue. You and a few others I’ve talked to are dealing with this same thing. @RTR Vehicles we need a solution

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn I was really hoping that was gonna fix it. Appreciate you writing all that out though. Glad I’m not the only one experiencing this issue. You and a few others I’ve talked to are dealing with this same thing. @RTR Vehicles we need a solution
RTR has dm'd me about the problem so they are aware and looking into it.
I have noticed this happens way more on cold starts.

RTR Vehicles

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang RTR
Hey all, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of this issue and have brought it to the attention of our internal staff. We are actively working on understanding what is causing the issue with the DRL's. Thank you all for sharing and your patience while we work on a solution.

GlenC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
so, after letting the car idle for 20 minutes im either correct or too impatient to verify 100% so YMMV but i have good news and it all starts with this guys picture:

first off, to clear any confusion, your headlights not working because of that fuse tap wont void the warranty as that fuse isnt even the headlights...speaking of fuses... im gonna go ahead and tag @RTR Vehicles in case this is correct so they can fix their manual...

first off...here is a picture of the Fuse box in my GT premium PP minus the RTR fuse

20231220_205741.jpg

the two we are interested in here are fuses 100 and 101 circled in red below, those are the headlight fuses:

20231220_205741 red.jpg

now if you reference the RTR photo above youll notice the problem...theirs are 30 amps, while ours are 15 amps...

luckily we have two options to fix this: the "proper" way and the "fuck you i want it now" way

the "proper" way is to purchase two of these littelfuse 30A fuses specifically those as standard ones with closed walls wont fit in those slots. simply purchase those, wait 3-5 business days and swap them out with the 15s.

the "fuck you i want it now" way requires a little leg work:
step 1: go down to the local autozone and buy two 30A fuses heres the type i got for reference
step 2: pull fuses 69 and 11 bellow in yellow, youll notice as you pull them that the prongs are smaller than the ones for the headlights, thats good news!

20231220_205741 yellow.jpg

step 3: replace the fuses in yellow with the two fuses you bought from the store, as stated above if they are walled and not open sided theyll still fit on those two fuses.
step 4: take the two fuses you pulled and swap out the two 15A fuses for the headlights.

do that and your DRL issue should be solved!
So I’m having the same issues and found the 30a slotted fuses on Amazon and also found a shipping option to get them tomorrow by 11am. I’ll update on this forum once I receive and swap them out on if it fixes the issue or not. Please post with any updates cause this is just super annoying to deal with.

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
So I’m having the same issues and found the 30a slotted fuses on Amazon and also found a shipping option to get them tomorrow by 11am. I’ll update on this forum once I receive and swap them out on if it fixes the issue or not. Please post with any updates cause this is just super annoying to deal with.
Hope it works. Looking forward to hearing back

_Ghost5.0h_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Update: well fuck, after letting it sit overnight and cold starting it the issue has come back.
thank you Jesus because rtr probably chilling and doing burnouts while we all got glitched out headlights

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Hope it works. Looking forward to hearing back
Just asking the obvious: stock lights work fine without the grill electric connected?

wait you said ok in #3: odd that the grill is shorting the stock when it’s a separate tap.

the rtr override getting stuck?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i honestly cant tell if its a battery issue, a wire issue, or a software issue. it happens mostly at cold start, all DRL lights will turn on, then the drivers DRL will turn off and remain off until i start the car again, then it will turn on and usually stays on, but occasionally turns back off. at this point ive just turned the DRLs off and am waiting for RTR to respond with a fix. At least the grill lights still work when DRLs are turned off.
Sponsored