• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone install RTR upper grille?

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
i honestly cant tell if its a battery issue, a wire issue, or a software issue. it happens mostly at cold start, all DRL lights will turn on, then the drivers DRL will turn off and remain off until i start the car again, then it will turn on and usually stays on, but occasionally turns back off. at this point ive just turned the DRLs off and am waiting for RTR to respond with a fix. At least the grill lights still work when DRLs are turned off.
I can’t tell either. Maybe the rtr is drawing to much power? In the RTR Spec 2 Sema build video on youtube the guy stated since they added the switch back functionality to the grille for the turn signal they had to add a fuse because of the extra power it draws.
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
I can’t tell either. Maybe the rtr is drawing to much power? In the RTR Spec 2 Sema build video on youtube the guy stated since they added the switch back functionality to the grille for the turn signal they had to add a fuse because of the extra power it draws.
that would make sense if they were tapping into a light fuse for it, but they tapped into the ABS fuse instead and that is giving no issues whatsoever.

GlenC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
So Amazon delivered the pack of fuses (pic below of what I received) but the walls are not slotted although the picture in the description on Amazon shows them clearly slotted and the model number on the pack I received matches up to the model number of description with the correct slotted fuse as pictured on Amazon. I understand one of you already attempted swapping the two 15a fuses to the 30a to match up to pics shown in RTR’s instructions) with it still not fixing the issues but I wanted to try it anyway just to see. Now I can’t even try that. Talk about bad luck on both sides of this whole thing at this point. I agree it only makes sense that the RTR lights are pulling to much power causing a issue with the mustang lights but why are not all people that install this grille having the same issue and some of us are?? I guess all we can do at this point if wait and hope RTR can figure it out.
BTW mine work fine when I first turn the car on and it seems like around 15-20 min later the driver side cuts out. This sucks is all I can say it this point. @RTR Vehicles please update us when you have any new information.

S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? IMG_0744

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
that would make sense if they were tapping into a light fuse for it, but they tapped into the ABS fuse instead and that is giving no issues whatsoever.
I tried tapping into the spare 10a fuse above fuse 23 but still same issue.

GlenC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
I have an idea. You just tried another tap and I was thinking of trying the same thing but you tried tapping into another 10a same amp same amp as 23 so if it’s possible the RTR lights need more power then I was thinking of tapping into a 20a and number 68 (electronic steering column lock) is a 20a so just maybe that might do the trick. Y’all’s thoughts please. Doesn’t seem like the tap RTR wants us to use has nothing to do with the mustangs lights just finding a tap that provides power when the car ignition is on. If this doesn’t work then it has to be that it has nothing to do with where the lights tap into but something entirely else. Do y’all agree?

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So Amazon delivered the pack of fuses (pic below of what I received) but the walls are not slotted although the picture in the description on Amazon shows them clearly slotted and the model number on the pack I received matches up to the model number of description with the correct slotted fuse as pictured on Amazon. I understand one of you already attempted swapping the two 15a fuses to the 30a to match up to pics shown in RTR’s instructions) with it still not fixing the issues but I wanted to try it anyway just to see. Now I can’t even try that. Talk about bad luck on both sides of this whole thing at this point. I agree it only makes sense that the RTR lights are pulling to much power causing a issue with the mustang lights but why are not all people that install this grille having the same issue and some of us are?? I guess all we can do at this point if wait and hope RTR can figure it out.
BTW mine work fine when I first turn the car on and it seems like around 15-20 min later the driver side cuts out. This sucks is all I can say it this point. @RTR Vehicles please update us when you have any new information.

IMG_0744.jpeg
you can still try it, the second half of my "instructions" post explains how to make it work with those fuses as well

GlenC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Hmm ok I didn’t see the but I’ll look for it now. Also when my driver side light turned of off after car on for 15-20 min a little earlier I turned the car off and back on then started to work again and this time it’s been 30-40 min and it’s staying on so seems totally random when it decides to cut out. I’ll wait till next time it cuts out (whenever that may be) to tap into 68 slot and report back if I have any success there. Hopefully it continues to work as it is right at this moment but by now I doubt it. Keep posting updates and I’ll do the same and if we figure this out first RTR is gonna owe us some RTR coil overs or something for doing so lol.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm currently looking at another solution, not 100% on it, but I need to the the car sit and test it on a cold start

GlenC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Anything anyone can come with that works at this point would be great so yea definitely keep us posted. My question is if the mustang RTR has isn’t having the same issue then how can they figure outs what’s wrong? Anyways….

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
I was actually talking to someone else that has the grille and lights and he said he doesn’t have DRL problems but when the grille turns on his headlights dim out he said. I feel like the grille is just taking to much power. I haven’t had this issue but it could be related with the issue we’re having

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
Not having detailed information about the power control, it appears they are using semiconductors as switches in the power system. The fuses are only there just in case something goes wrong with the circuits. It wouldn't be difficult to design current limiting and fail safe into the circuits and it could prevent damage to the electronic should something short out. It's very possible that the load is right at the designed limits of the circuits so sometimes it works and other times it detects an overload tripping the safety.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so, unfortunately my idea didnt work out.

However while looking at the Instructions for the upper grille ive noticed a few discrepancies with the images compared to my car and their written instructions, not sure if connected but interesting to notice:

1: fuse 84B is 30A on theirs, but mine is 20A. to make it weirder 84B per the manual is "unused" so thats interesting to note
2: in the image they are missing fuse 24 (middle row second 10A from the right) which is the EPAS module.
3: they are missing fuse 23 (where the tap for the grille is supposed to be) which is the ABS module
4: their tap is in fuse slot 132, which per the manual is a 15A unused spare slot.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
so, unfortunately my idea didnt work out.

However while looking at the Instructions for the upper grille ive noticed a few discrepancies with the images compared to my car and their written instructions, not sure if connected but interesting to notice:

1: fuse 84B is 30A on theirs, but mine is 20A. to make it weirder 84B per the manual is "unused" so thats interesting to note
2: in the image they are missing fuse 24 (middle row second 10A from the right) which is the EPAS module.
3: they are missing fuse 23 (where the tap for the grille is supposed to be) which is the ABS module
4: their tap is in fuse slot 132, which per the manual is a 15A unused spare slot.
Some of that might be explained by the fact you have a premium. I am not sure of all the electrical differences but the rearview mirror power port is one difference. Differences in the cruse control may account for something else.
Sponsored