• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone install RTR upper grille?

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
Unfortunately, they don’t ship with the extra harness. I called RTR and spoke with Jim, he sent it out and I had it in three days. Like you, I didn’t want the hassle of R&R’ing the grille of mine had that issue. Call them, they’ll send it. Better safe than sorry.
Ok yeah I emailed them, is it still pug and play or does the new harness need to be spliced in ?
Sponsored

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Ok yeah I emailed them, is it still pug and play or does the new harness need to be spliced in ?
Still plug and play, it plugs in to RTR harness and main harness on driver side. Fairly easy install, just time consuming. Took me about 3 1/2 hours start to finish. Directions are clear and straightforward.

_Ghost5.0h_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
A61DF531-5069-48F4-9A26-C55D5D5695ED.jpeg

I for one just wanted to share the beauty since I just put the grille on last weekend. Secondly, for anyone who was concerned when purchasing - it’s been a week now and my lights have not been affected. I will update if anything changes but it seams it really isn’t an every car problem (mines premium idk if that matters but I heard it might have something to do with it). Hope it stays strong and I hope you guys get your fix soon!
If it’s not a car problem i guess the dealers best ford tech who put it on doesn’t know what he was doing but it sure looked like he did to me??

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
If it’s not a car problem i guess the dealers best ford tech who put it on doesn’t know what he was doing but it sure looked like he did to me??
no, its a car problem, RTR engineers confirmed it, the grill lights cause a small amount of cars headlights to exceed factory spec power draw, so it shuts off the drivers DRLs and sequential function as a safety mechanism
Sponsored