• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone install RTR upper grille?

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium, 2020 Mustang GT Premium c
Yeah I film a lot and I’d like to have those tri bars working but I’m just about over it at this point plus they haven’t even emailed me back since I got the harness instructions emailed
Did you receive an updated harness? I just received my grille today and am now on the fence as to whether I should install it. I returned the one I bought in December in early January. When I returned it I was told they would have a harness in the next couple of weeks to correct the problem. I assumed all was good because the grille is still on their site, one would think they would not offer up an item known to have issues on some cars.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you receive an updated harness? I just received my grille today and am now on the fence as to whether I should install it. I returned the one I bought in December in early January. When I returned it I was told they would have a harness in the next couple of weeks to correct the problem. I assumed all was good because the grille is still on their site, one would think they would not offer up an item known to have issues on some cars.
Ok, so I just got off the phone with Jim from RTR. He was very helpful and answered all of my questions. They will be sending me the harness to remedy a problem that may or may not occur with my install within a few days. I'm glad I called and got it straightened out, I'll just wait until the harness gets here to install the grille.

_Ghost5.0h_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang gt
Ok, so I just got off the phone with Jim from RTR. He was very helpful and answered all of my questions. They will be sending me the harness to remedy a problem that may or may not occur with my install within a few days. I'm glad I called and got it straightened out, I'll just wait until the harness gets here to install the grille.
Yeah had the same person that started this thread put it on and told me the passenger side went out after installing and it works sometimes

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I mean I have the harness but I’d have to pay to install it since I don’t have the tools but I know there’s issues with it installed I personally feel like I shouldn’t have to pay to test out something that has issues installed already
Totally agree. I was just reading over the installation instructions and it says they are for a Mustang GT Performance Pack 3, anyone know what the PP3 is? I have a fully loaded PP but I’ve not heard of any of them called the PP3.

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah had the same person that started this thread put it on and told me the passenger side went out after installing and it works sometimes
So, installed the grille today and the additional harness RTR sent. So far no issues and everything works as it should. The hazard lights have a very unique pattern, kinda cool.

S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? IMG_5951

S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? IMG_5952

S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? IMG_5956

S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? IMG_5957

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
I want to get this so badly for my GT but I'm still concerned that I'll have issues with the lights not working right once installed. I just got back from vacationing in Florida and I did happen to see another Mustang with this installed and it looked great. I don't know what year it was as I only got to see it from a distance as I drove by but it still looked awesome.

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
I want to get this so badly for my GT but I'm still concerned that I'll have issues with the lights not working right once installed. I just got back from vacationing in Florida and I did happen to see another Mustang with this installed and it looked great. I don't know what year it was as I only got to see it from a distance as I drove by but it still looked awesome.
Supposedly @RTR Vehicles is making a revised version of the intake lights with different parameters so it won’t affect the vehicles headlight/DRL function. They said mid to late spring they will be available
I’m still having the DRL going out issue just waiting on rtr !

TOXIC_S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? A61DF531-5069-48F4-9A26-C55D5D5695ED

I for one just wanted to share the beauty since I just put the grille on last weekend. Secondly, for anyone who was concerned when purchasing - it’s been a week now and my lights have not been affected. I will update if anything changes but it seams it really isn’t an every car problem (mines premium idk if that matters but I heard it might have something to do with it). Hope it stays strong and I hope you guys get your fix soon!

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A61DF531-5069-48F4-9A26-C55D5D5695ED.jpeg

I for one just wanted to share the beauty since I just put the grille on last weekend. Secondly, for anyone who was concerned when purchasing - it’s been a week now and my lights have not been affected. I will update if anything changes but it seams it really isn’t an every car problem (mines premium idk if that matters but I heard it might have something to do with it). Hope it stays strong and I hope you guys get your fix soon!
Looks good! I installed mine this past Saturday, I used the additional harness RTR sent. I didn’t want to take it apart if I was one of the ones with an issue. So far, so good and everything works as it should. I especially like the emergency flashers pattern.

S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? IMG_5951

S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? IMG_5952

S650 Mustang Anyone install RTR upper grille? IMG_5956

INSANEMUSTANG9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
Looks good! I installed mine this past Saturday, I used the additional harness RTR sent. I didn’t want to take it apart if I was one of the ones with an issue. So far, so good and everything works as it should. I especially like the emergency flashers pattern.

IMG_5951.jpeg

IMG_5952.jpeg

IMG_5956.jpeg
I see they still sell them on site I’m assuming they would ship with updated harness? I really want that grille just don’t wanna have to take bumper back off

Stangerous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I see they still sell them on site I’m assuming they would ship with updated harness? I really want that grille just don’t wanna have to take bumper back off
Unfortunately, they don’t ship with the extra harness. I called RTR and spoke with Jim, he sent it out and I had it in three days. Like you, I didn’t want the hassle of R&R’ing the grille of mine had that issue. Call them, they’ll send it. Better safe than sorry.
Sponsored