• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone install RTR upper grille?

GlenC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
so, unfortunately my idea didnt work out.

However while looking at the Instructions for the upper grille ive noticed a few discrepancies with the images compared to my car and their written instructions, not sure if connected but interesting to notice:

1: fuse 84B is 30A on theirs, but mine is 20A. to make it weirder 84B per the manual is "unused" so thats interesting to note
2: in the image they are missing fuse 24 (middle row second 10A from the right) which is the EPAS module.
3: they are missing fuse 23 (where the tap for the grille is supposed to be) which is the ABS module
4: their tap is in fuse slot 132, which per the manual is a 15A unused spare slot.
so, unfortunately my idea didnt work out.

However while looking at the Instructions for the upper grille ive noticed a few discrepancies with the images compared to my car and their written instructions, not sure if connected but interesting to notice:

1: fuse 84B is 30A on theirs, but mine is 20A. to make it weirder 84B per the manual is "unused" so thats interesting to note
2: in the image they are missing fuse 24 (middle row second 10A from the right) which is the EPAS module.
3: they are missing fuse 23 (where the tap for the grille is supposed to be) which is the ABS module
4: their tap is in fuse slot 132, which per the manual is a 15A unused spare slot.

Yea I also noticed in the pics of the RTR instructions where they have the RTR wire plugged into 132 in the middle row next to where #23 (the slot they say to plug into) so I tried plugging into that same spot and because it not used it doesn’t work there either and doesn’t feel like has power there so yea that’s a mystery as well. Wish @RTR Vehicles would be able to explain this along with where they are on this issue. Of coarse it’s Christmas holiday right now so we’ll wait for them to get back from the holiday.
Sponsored

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Some of that might be explained by the fact you have a premium. I am not sure of all the electrical differences but the rearview mirror power port is one difference. Differences in the cruse control may account for something else.
it wouldnt be that, the RTR test bed was a premium just like my car, the only big difference here would be my Magneride which uses way more power over their suspension system. For now ive just turned off the DRLs, the RTR lights stay on so it still "works" just kind of shitty to not be able to use all the DRLs.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i should also add that im pretty sure its a power draw issue at this point, i decided to cold start my car the other night and the battery read a solid 15V vs its usually 13.5-14.5 and all of the DRLs worked fine with no noticeable issues, started it again this morning and the battery was back to its usual 13.5-14.5 and the DRL issue was back

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
CJs didn't seem to have any problem with the upper grille?

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
They probably put time and effort into that one grill going to a specific person
doesn’t matter how much time you spend on installing it. They should be having the same issue unless rtr is sending dealers a different version or slightly tweaked kits to the dealers for the spec 2 and we’re getting the junky kits. What do I know though. $650 for something that’s not working correctly and no answers…

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I have my RTR front grille in my garage just waiting to install.
Don't think I will install it until this gets figured out, since theres so much stuff to remove, would have to do it twice.

GlenC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Does anyone even know if RTR is open now. Some places close down from Christmas through the new year so if that’s the case then not much anyone can do other than wait for them to get back from the holiday and hope they are or will be working diligently on fixing it. I emailed Steeda where I bought mine from just to let them know and if I need to go directly through RTR and asked if they have any new info to please let me know. Have not heard back yet but if they are able to give me any kinda insight I’ll post it here cause I know anyone experiencing these issues are annoyed as well and sure would like any new info concerning anything about it.

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Does anyone even know if RTR is open now. Some places close down from Christmas through the new year so if that’s the case then not much anyone can do other than wait for them to get back from the holiday and hope they are or will be working diligently on fixing it. I emailed Steeda where I bought mine from just to let them know and if I need to go directly through RTR and asked if they have any new info to please let me know. Have not heard back yet but if they are able to give me any kinda insight I’ll post it here cause I know anyone experiencing these issues are annoyed as well and sure would like any new info concerning anything about it.
I’m pretty sure they’re open. The live chat is open on their website

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
they reached out to me in DMs on the 21st asking for info, im not expecting anything until the new year

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Has any of y’all actually talked to RTR concerning this? Just curious?
RTR replied to the post saying they're looking into it.
I think I can wait, but I might reach out and see if RTR has anything to say.

OP
OP
Stang24

Stang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 mustang
Has any of y’all actually talked to RTR concerning this? Just curious?
I emailed them on the 21st showed them videos of the issue and what I was experiencing they got back to me saying they’re looking into it and will get back to me I haven’t heard anything yet

GlenC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Ok good to know. Tnx. Just have to wait and give them time to figure it out. I called and had to leave them a VM. If and when they get back to me I’ll posted there’s anything we have not learned yet of where they are with it.
Sponsored