• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ambient light is better on the S550

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Is it the only interior accessory? no
This topic is about ambient light and it is an interior accessory. So everything that was said is right. You can't bring something else up to this topic to defend the lack of downgrading the ambient light.

This interior accessory is downgraded, period.

VA_DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum BAP PowerBoost
This topic is about ambient light and it is an interior accessory. So everything that was said is right. You can't bring something else up to this topic to defend the lack of downgrading the ambient light.

This interior accessory is downgraded, period.
"not making it an inferior product when it comes to interior accessories" - What am I missing here?

I'll excuse myself from this pointless argument and go drive and enjoy by beautiful V8 Dark Horse, lack of cup holder lights be damned.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
"not making it an inferior product when it comes to interior accessories" - What am I missing here?

I'll excuse myself from this pointless argument and go drive and enjoy by beautiful V8 Dark Horse, lack of cup holder lights be damned.
Again. It is an interior accessory.

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
sadly, there are no MyColor wires that run to the center console. however, the wiring for MyColor is pretty simple; 4 wires, ground, red, green, and blue; wires colored black/brown, black/orange, black/green, and black/blue respectively. you're also able to order what is basically the MyColor LED with wiring and connector. it's part number FR3Z-14A411-Z and costs about $26. you also can't put the 2015-2023 cupholders in, as the construction and mounting is different
2015-2023:
Putting different color candles in my cup holders at night instead :idea:

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Wow! Then we have been trolled twice, because they said the same stuff for the S650. I remember when the first reviews were done after the global launch, this was also stated by the testers. Anyway it is a friggin joke... 2023/2024 and you still cannot heat or cool Recaros that are from 1955. It is ridicolous to me.....
I don’t disagree especially when I had a Blackwing with heated/cooled Recaro seats in it but hey, I loved the car anyways.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Again. It is an interior accessory.
Apparently ambient lighting is but lighted cupholders are not so why keep whining about it?

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Apparently ambient lighting is but lighted cupholders are not so why keep whining about it?
Ambient light is a term to describe things that are lighted. It can be cup holders, it can be foot wells, it can be door handles, it even can be your own forehead.

So how can you say that ambient light is ambient light and cupholders are not? LOL!!

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT

To bring more clarification: I never said that the S650 is worse than the S550 overall when it comes to interior. I am refering to the Ambient light here. Maybe that was misunderstood. The S650 interior is nice albeit I would have appreciated if Gen7 obtained more changes such as the door trims, the middle console which are 1:1 identical to the S550.

Ambient light may not be a buying decision maker, but for early adopters like us it is a downgrade. Same with the seats that are exactly the same since Gen5 was introduced in 2013. I was expecting at least new designs, materials and being able to have full powered seats and partially powered on Recaros that still cannot be heated or cooled either.

But this sure should not prevent you having fun with your DH. :)

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Ambient light is a term to describe things that are lighted. It can be cup holders, it can be foot wells, it can be door handles, it even can be your own forehead.

So how can you say that ambient light is ambient light and cupholders are not? LOL!!
ummmm, because in the 2024 Mustang the cupholders are NOT ambient lit....duh. Isn't that what you have been whining about over the past 4 pages??

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
I agree and I wonder if the missing ambient light in the cup holder is added on the Mustangs that were built after halfway January 2024

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I agree and I wonder if the missing ambient light in the cup holder is added on the Mustangs that were built after halfway January 2024
I doubt it. They simply erase that feature.

Southpaw78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Rather have the PRND backlit vs. the cupholders
Sponsored