• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Ambient light is better on the S550

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
For you it's not for others it is.
I bet it is a big deal for you if there is something listed that you really want and it was not there.
Bet your opinion would not be the same as now.
When I ordered my 2020 Shelby Ford originally stated you could order heated / cooled Recaro's. Pictures sure looked like heated and cooled Recaro's in all the pre-production pics. That was the only reason I wanted the Recaro's over the standard seats was if they were heated and cooled......guess what, not heated or cooled. I bought the car anyways. The OVERALL car was so good it didn't matter
S650 Mustang Ambient light is better on the S550 IMG_9200
S650 Mustang Ambient light is better on the S550 IMG_1651

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
When I ordered my 2020 Shelby Ford originally stated you could order heated / cooled Recaro's. Pictures sure looked like heated and cooled Recaro's in all the pre-production pics. That was the only reason I wanted the Recaro's over the standard seats was if they were heated and cooled......guess what, not heated or cooled. I bought the car anyways. The OVERALL car was so good it didn't matter
IMG_9200.jpeg
IMG_1651.jpeg
I bet that there is something you care about and that I don't care about.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I'm hoping the wiring harness is there for the cup holders and it is just a matter of dropping in a cup holder that can plug in.
sadly, there are no MyColor wires that run to the center console. however, the wiring for MyColor is pretty simple; 4 wires, ground, red, green, and blue; wires colored black/brown, black/orange, black/green, and black/blue respectively. you're also able to order what is basically the MyColor LED with wiring and connector. it's part number FR3Z-14A411-Z and costs about $26. you also can't put the 2015-2023 cupholders in, as the construction and mounting is different
2015-2023:
S650 Mustang Ambient light is better on the S550 1693451646732

2024+:
S650 Mustang Ambient light is better on the S550 1693451676689

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
sadly, there are no MyColor wires that run to the center console. however, the wiring for MyColor is pretty simple; 4 wires, ground, red, green, and blue; wires colored black/brown, black/orange, black/green, and black/blue respectively. you're also able to order what is basically the MyColor LED with wiring and connector. it's part number FR3Z-14A411-Z and costs about $26. you also can't put the 2015-2023 cupholders in, as the construction and mounting is different
2015-2023:
1693451646732.png

2024+:
1693451676689.png
So it means it's not that easy to retrofit this in the S650 :(

Only people who have some technical background.

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Yup. And there’s a few other “nice” surprises S650 owners will come to find out with time. 👍

That’s why I got my S550s before it was too late.
Love seeing people like you cry cuz your old car now has a new shiny replacement. Stop malding and enjoy mustangs, that's why we're here.

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
2015-2023:
1693451646732.png

2024+:
1693451676689.png
RIP my hopes and dreams. Thanks for looking into it! Maybe the aftermarket will come up with something one day.

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
IMG_9200.jpeg
IMG_1651.jpeg
Wow! Then we have been trolled twice, because they said the same stuff for the S650. I remember when the first reviews were done after the global launch, this was also stated by the testers. Anyway it is a friggin joke... 2023/2024 and you still cannot heat or cool Recaros that are from 1955. It is ridicolous to me.....

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
To those of you who stated "I don't buy the car because of ambient lighting"....

That is not the point here whatsoever. The point is, that you promote this car to the high heavens as a totally "new" Mustang and leave those details away (for whatever reasons)

If Ford wants 75K+ Euros in Germany, I expect from them to offer me at least the same as the S550 and not making it an inferior product when it comes to interior accessories. Simple as that folks.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
To those of you who stated "I don't buy the car because of ambient lighting"....

That is not the point here whatsoever. The point is, that you promote this car to the high heavens as a totally "new" Mustang and leave those details away (for whatever reasons)

If Ford wants 75K+ Euros in Germany, I expect from them to offer me at least the same as the S550 and not making it an inferior product when it comes to interior accessories. Simple as that folks.
Exactly this.

VA_DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum BAP PowerBoost

The interior is of the S650 is far and way better than the S550 even with out lights in the cup holders. I don't see how anyone can objectively say that the S550 interior is superior to the S650 because it has cup holder lights.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
The interior is of the S650 is far and way better than the S550 even with out lights in the cup holders. I don't see how anyone can objectively say that the S550 interior is superior to the S650 because it has cup holder lights.
The ambient light is a step down. That's the point. As a newer model comes out, you want at least the same or something better. Ambient light is something that new cars have and many people like. Mercedes is in my opinion the best when it comes to ambient light. The Mustang started to do the ambient light and it was very good on the S550 for that time. Now, a newer model comes out with ALSO ambient light. So it is normal that people will expect at least the same, or something better when it comes to this. But the ambient light in the S650 is not better and not the same. It is less.

This is the point.

VA_DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Platinum BAP PowerBoost
The ambient light is a step down. That's the point. As a newer model comes out, you want at least the same or something better. Ambient light is something that new cars have and many people like. Mercedes is in my opinion the best when it comes to ambient light. The Mustang started to do the ambient light and it was very good on the S550 for that time. Now, a newer model comes out with ALSO ambient light. So it is normal that people will expect at least the same, or something better when it comes to this. But the ambient light in the S650 is not better and not the same. It is less.

This is the point.
I’m not arguing that point. I’m arguing the statement I quoted that says it’s an inferior product when it comes to interior accessories solely based on be omission of cup holder lights.

OP
OP
S650 GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I’m not arguing that point. I’m arguing the statement I quoted that says it’s an inferior product when it comes to interior accessories solely based on be omission of cup holder lights.
The ambient light is an interior accessory, no?
Sponsored