• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Almost no love for the Ecoboost

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
Wow! How'd you get the video?
I saw it online its 2023 GT, but same tech, i noticed it on my car, asked my wife to rev it while i look into it at different modes.

Here’s another one of the 2024, but this is in sport mode, which flaps a bit more aggressively. Even quiet mode reliefs the pressure by opening up a bit at wide open throttle.

Track stays wide open, avoiding unnecessary stress and wear on the valves.

Sponsored

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
More love to the ecoboost. I have had 5 Mustangs counting this one, only one being a V8.

1965: straight 6, 3 spd
1974: V6, 4 spd
2017: V6, auto
2019: V8, 6 spd
2024: EB 4, A10

While the V8 was fun, it felt ponderous to me. Sound was great, but other than that, I could take it or leave it. The 2024 EB is by far the bast handling car on the street of all of them. Well balanced and powerful enough for my needs. I will never track it, so the extra power and expense (including much worse fuel mileage) of the V8 was not worth it to me.

YamenGT650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024 PP
If only it sounded like a sports car….Would have considered it… have a listen in the video below.

Where as the V8 sound is a source of joy every time it starts.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
More love to the ecoboost. I have had 5 Mustangs counting this one, only one being a V8.

1965: straight 6, 3 spd
1974: V6, 4 spd
2017: V6, auto
2019: V8, 6 spd
2024: EB 4, A10

While the V8 was fun, it felt ponderous to me. Sound was great, but other than that, I could take it or leave it. The 2024 EB is by far the bast handling car on the street of all of them. Well balanced and powerful enough for my needs. I will never track it, so the extra power and expense (including much worse fuel mileage) of the V8 was not worth it to me.
Just curious, how much did insurance cost change going from a GT to an EcoBoost? (No need for exact numbers, a rough estimate would be more than sufficient, please and thank you!)

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
Not my first Mustang. I ordered one back in 1966! Maroon Coupe, 289, 4-speed. After that, "life happened", as you said.
I live in an HOA, so the active valve exhaust plays an important role. "Quiet" when in the HOA. "Normal" everywhere else. There's not much of a difference between "Normal", "Sport", and "Track". However, I'm still in the break-in period - only 200 miles so far.
I also live in a HOA neighborhood but haven’t had any complaints about the sound of the exhaust. In fact the neighbor directly across the street said to my wife that he likes the sound. Says it sounds mean!

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
I've had plenty of mussel cars in my life time so having a V-8 meant nothing to me. I'll leave that to the gearheads. I have wanted a Mustang since they were introduced, but life got in the way.

Now at 76 years old, I finally got one. It was an amusing purchase. I stopped the finance manager about two words into his extended warranty pitch. I told him I'd be very lucky to out live the factory warranty. I bought this car as my last car having just recovered from major cancer surgery. I wanted some top down fun, and the EB most definitely will provide that.
Ahh you at 76 and @DCS at 77 are just a couple of young fellas enjoying life. Here's to hoping both of you have many happy miles, smiles and years ahead piloting your Mustangs:)

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 EcoBoost Rapid Red
Just curious, how much did insurance cost change going from a GT to an EcoBoost? (No need for exact numbers, a rough estimate would be more than sufficient, please and thank you!)
As near as I can remember, it was about the same. But... keep in mind that they are 5 years apart in timing, so I don't think it is a good comparison.

Radiant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Ecoboost Convertible (ordered), '18 Ecoboost
If only it sounded like a sports car….Would have considered it… have a listen in the video below.

Where as the V8 sound is a source of joy every time it starts.
For daily driving, that's really what it comes down to: do you want the sound of a V8? My love is for motorcycles and top-down driving. I want the sound of wind.
Sponsored